Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Youtube

On 29/06/2022 at 21:18, Manini said:

I stumbled across a series on YouTube called Dorking Wanderers Uncovered, about 3 months ago. It’s basically a behind the scenes look at them game by game, like a gritty non league all or nothing. I’m completely ****ing hooked, and it’s one of the best things I’ve found in years. 

1. what a ****ing mad club 

2. what an owner/manager/chairman Marc is. Great character of the game. 
3. I didn’t appreciate the tactics that go in to that level of football…maybe not every club at that level is like this, they’re clearly very good, but yeah eye opener. 
4. The production company who make it, and in particular Rich, who runs it (and does the comms), are extremely talented filmmakers. 

The below is the play off final finale (think it’s made to be a self contained feature length one off tbh), but I’d go and start at season 1 ep 1, honestly, brilliant. 

Outstanding stuff. Been up all night with a migraine and this has really helped to pass the time. Real proper footy covered with respect and humour.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Outstanding stuff. Been up all night with a migraine and this has really helped to pass the time. Real proper footy covered with respect and humour.

They’re coming back for series 3 in the national league too. 

• Like 1

I stumbled across a series on YouTube called Dorking Wanderers Uncovered, about 3 months ago. It’s basically a behind the scenes look at them game by game, like a gritty non league all or nothing. I’m completely ****ing hooked, and it’s one of the best things I’ve found in years. 

3. I didn’t appreciate the tactics that go in to that level of football…maybe not every club at that level is like this, they’re clearly very good, but yeah eye opener. 
4. The production company who make it, and in particular Rich, who runs it (and does the comms), are extremely talented filmmakers. 

The below is the play off final finale (think it’s made to be a self contained feature length one off tbh), but I’d go and start at season 1 ep 1, honestly, brilliant. 

Thanks for the recommendation, love these kind of things. 

I wonder if it's pretty common in the lower leagues to have the owner of the club also be the manager? At the very least it's one less wage to pay

I reckon that Briggs af right wing would get in our side at present lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I reckon that Briggs af right wing would get in our side at present lol

He’s a player isn’t he! Not wanting to spoil but he has a bad injury. They’ve got a lad up front caller Alfie Rutherford at the minute and his stats are bloody unreal too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2022 at 10:06, Manini said:

He’s a player isn’t he! Not wanting to spoil but he has a bad injury. They’ve got a lad up front caller Alfie Rutherford at the minute and his stats are bloody unreal too. 

Thanks again for the recommendation mate. I've become quite disillusioned with football over the last year or so but after watching this I feel like I've got my love for the game back. I even checked how much it would cost to go down to one of their games so might do that at some point. Such an honest a.d hard working bunch. 

Leicester will always be my primary team to support but it has made me thing that non league football might be the thing to keep me interested in the long haul

Although now King's Lynn are my local team and their owner is a charlatan! For a season ticket they charge £380 in.the national league north lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Thanks again for the recommendation mate. I've become quite disillusioned with football over the last year or so but after watching this I feel like I've got my love for the game back. I even checked how much it would cost to go down to one of their games so might do that at some point. Such an honest a.d hard working bunch. 

No worries, I thought it would go down well with other people, and with some of the shit on YouTube nowadays, it’s good to support properly produced stuff like this sometimes, doubt they’ll ever get huge numbers of followers, but they deserve them. Be interesting to see how they cope in the National League next season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a big fan of Steven Bartlett (Dragons Den) and his 'Diary of a CEO' podcast on YouTube.

Hi latest guest is Chris Kamara and listening to him talk is so sad. He's clearly suffering with his speech (Apraxia) and also has Thyroid problems.

It's an amazing interview, very emotional. I really feel for Kammy bless him. Seems a shadow of the man we once knew.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/09/2022 at 21:10, Izzy said:

I'm a big fan of Steven Bartlett (Dragons Den) and his 'Diary of a CEO' podcast on YouTube.

Hi latest guest is Chris Kamara and listening to him talk is so sad. He's clearly suffering with his speech (Apraxia) and also has Thyroid problems.

It's an amazing interview, very emotional. I really feel for Kammy bless him. Seems a shadow of the man we once knew.

Really heartbreaking to see him like that but what a brave thing to do. Can only wish him all the love in the world

• Like 1

This battle always fascinated me, from when I picked up a book on naval combat back in school to videos on the internet.

This guys channel is pretty decent for naval enthusiasts and the video he did, cut into three parts, for Jutland helps to explain the battle and why it promised so much, did a fair bit but accomplished so little all at the same time.

Also it has my favourite of all ships in a starring role, HMS Warspite...., this is part one, the opening battlecruiser action.

• 2 weeks later...

Still remember the movie from when I was shown it at school, most had gone on a school trip which I could not afford, so along with about 4 other kids the headmaster had us watch Bakshi's LoTR in the main hall since the school was pretty much empty.  Found this on Youtube, interesting stuff about that movie which, after reading the Hobbit, was my first taste of a larger Middle Earth :D.

On 19/09/2022 at 14:23, ithuriel said:

This battle always fascinated me, from when I picked up a book on naval combat back in school to videos on the internet.

This guys channel is pretty decent for naval enthusiasts and the video he did, cut into three parts, for Jutland helps to explain the battle and why it promised so much, did a fair bit but accomplished so little all at the same time.

Also it has my favourite of all ships in a starring role, HMS Warspite...., this is part one, the opening battlecruiser action.

I think the battle was summed well at the time by a US journalist. The German fleet has assaulted its jailer but is still in jail

• 2 weeks later...

This bloke cropped up on my FB feed and he's got dozens of short videos on YouTube. 

I know comedy is subjective and all that but I think he's outstanding. Hadn't heard of him a few months ago but tempted to see him live next time he's in my neck of the woods. One of the best crowd workers I've seen.