Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Youtube

59 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Everybody seems to have a golf channel at the moment. Been watching some of the one with Jimmy Bullard on even though he's a complete clown

He's a nob head but a very good golfer tbf.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still one of my fave Anime shows, right up there with Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, FMAB etc.,

12 episodes, the first 3 are a bit girly until the very end of Ep.3 and by 8 you can not stop watching, the movie remakes are not quite the same, then you have the third movie which follows on from the series and a fourth soon to come.

Still one of my favourite ending themes from ep.3 on...

Still, it can't beat the ending theme to Elfen Lied, boy was that one messed up but thoroughly entertaining anime shows...

Edited by ithuriel

Been wondering why my YT has been slow and lagging these last few days and just found out that they deliberately slow the site down if they notice you use ad ad blocker (which I do)

Clever bar stewards.

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Been wondering why my YT has been slow and lagging these last few days and just found out that they deliberately slow the site down if they notice you use ad ad blocker (which I do)

Clever bar stewards.

The adverts are getting really bad now, considered paying but with all the subscriptions I’ve got I’d rather not.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The adverts are getting really bad now, considered paying but with all the subscriptions I’ve got I’d rather not.

Mmmm, just checked and YT premium is £12 a month

I watch more YT than normal TV but this lagging is doing my head in - but so do adverts!

Might have to bite the bullet and sign up. Bastards.

Edited by Izzy

I've had Premium for a while as don't want the kids getting blasted with adverts when they're on it. 

You do get YT Music with Premium which replaced Spotify for me so hasn't added any overall cost to myself as it replaced that service. 

I do have an AdBlock and the buggers also slowed me down despite having Premium! Had noticed something was up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I watch more YT than normal TV but this lagging is doing my head in - but so do adverts!

I’m similar, just resent it with Netflix, Amazon, Sky, Spotify etc etc etc.

10 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I've had Premium for a while as don't want the kids getting blasted with adverts when they're on it. 

You do get YT Music with Premium which replaced Spotify for me so hasn't added any overall cost to myself as it replaced that service. 

I do have an AdBlock and the buggers also slowed me down despite having Premium! Had noticed something was up. 

Is Premium totally ad free? 

If so, I guess no need for AdBlock and it should all run smoothly with no lagging?

Is yours still running slow even with Premium? Sod paying £12 a month if I’m still gonna have issues with it.

12 hours ago, Izzy said:

Maybe I'm just weird...well, yes I am, but I'm sure I can't be alone on this. If my viewing or reading is interrupted by adverts I will never buy that product. I can't see how it's viable to advertise in such a way. Maybe a marketeer can tell me if and how it works?

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Is Premium totally ad free? 

If so, I guess no need for AdBlock and it should all run smoothly with no lagging?

Is yours still running slow even with Premium? Sod paying £12 a month if I’m still gonna have issues with it.

Yeah it is ad free (aside the annoying ones people embed even if you pay "and now a word from our sponsor..." f*** off), I just always have AdBlock and didn't think for a second that was what was causing the issues I was having on YT. 

Just give the free trial a bash to be sure there's nothing on there you're not agreeable with. 

• Thanks 1

I get premium free with my Vodafone contract. It is worth it if you are cancelling Spotify Premium to pay for it. YouTube music doesn't have that Wrapped thing every year and the money going to artists is possibly the lowest amount out there, but if use Premium for videos and for the music streaming, it sorta works out. These are my stats since March 2022 when I got Premium for free. Before then I used Adblocker as a Chrome extention, so I haven't seen first hand how awful the ads have got on the site, but I highly expect i will be buying it again once this expires. My contract with Vodafone is now just rolling since I paid everything off, so my hope is this keeps rolling too, but I don't think it will. 

image.thumb.png.90f4a0d3da01e27f355872112e8b7766.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Manini said:

Finn Vs The Internet. That is all. 

Been a fan for a while, went to see him at Firebug last year or the year before. The NHS waiting list joke had me howling

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Been a fan for a while, went to see him at Firebug last year or the year before. The NHS waiting list joke had me howling

His appearance on the NFL London show has resurfaced again, assume because it’s Superbowl season and it’s still one of my all time favourites. He’s a very funny bloke - his episode with Ell Brooke made all the more funny because she’s too thick to realise what’s going on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

He’s now appearing on my Twitter feed! I swear to God I didn’t follow him!

Musk is boosting his content as his desperate for content creators to move to x/twitter. Although once he sees that sort of post Musk will stop boosting for sure.