Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I know this is a fairly innocuous comment. I know there's truth in it. But you have to remember that there's a human not a machine there. I  have a low pressure job with a thankfully supportive boss. And I still find motivation difficult. Hamza knows Bren wants him to transform into a box-to-box midfielder. And he knows Bren will give more time to the development of Fofana, Justin and Thomas. And he knows he's third choice defensive midfielder. And he knows Bren is happy to loan, or even sell, him to another club. Hamza needs to work hard--and I hope he does well tonight--but I don't think football coaching is a one way street.

We have to remember that we're on a football forum based on anecdotes, opinion and almost total subjectivity in this case. He did well tonight long may it continue.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

That tactically you were completely wrong and did Choudhury a misjustice of sorts :thumbup:

Wait, but with a fit Ndidi, he still wouldn't get much game time? He's only playing now because of injury. Hopefully he'll get more game time in place of Mendy. Nothing against Mendy but I prefer to see local academy graduates prosper.

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Wait, but with a fit Ndidi, he still wouldn't get much game time? He's only playing now because of injury. Hopefully he'll get more game time in place of Mendy. Nothing against Mendy but I prefer to see local academy graduates prosper.

What are you on about big man 

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

That tactically you were completely wrong and did Choudhury a misjustice of sorts :thumbup:

What on earth are you going on about? I said that for Choudhury to have progressed under Rodgers he'd have to play in a double pivot and as Rodgers doesn't play that way he's not kicked on. He's a defensive midfielder and we play one of them, we have the best in the league so it means Hamza has very little opportunity in a 4-1-4-1.

Thought Hamza played well in the first half but he tired in the 2nd half (due to lack of games) he nearly did another of his ‘Liverpool’ tackles on Reed but the ball went to a Fulham player. It’s unfortunate for him that we have Ndidi & Mendy in front of him as I am sure he would get a lot more games, it’s brilliant for us though to have this sort of back up... 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth are you going on about? I said that for Choudhury to have progressed under Rodgers he'd have to play in a double pivot and as Rodgers doesn't play that way he's not kicked on. He's a defensive midfielder and we play one of them, we have the best in the league so it means Hamza has very little opportunity in a 4-1-4-1.

Very much a 4231 yesterday evening (yes I know we are fairly flexible between the two) and Hamza showed he was capable of playing both the 6 and 8 role as he and Tielemans were quite loose in your ‘pivot’ role. 

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Very much a 4231 yesterday evening (yes I know we are fairly flexible between the two) and Hamza showed he was capable of playing both the 6 and 8 role as he and Tielemans were quite loose in your ‘pivot’ role. 

Right, i'll try and make this a bit simpler. Hamza is never taking Ndidi's place in the team when Wilf is fit. So for Hamza to have progressed under Rodgers, we'd have to have deployed the Puel system of 4-2-3-1 where the 2 are a defensive double pivot. Of Ndidi and Hamza. Again, that was never going to happen with Tielemans, Praet and Maddison to choose from too. This is why Choudhury has sort of been left behind. He's not as good as a DCM as Ndidi (understandable) and as a box to box midfielder, he hasn't been trusted by Rodgers, which is fair enough as he'd have to be way more dynamic than he is which is a huge ask.

For another manager with slightly different ways of playing, I think he would do well at this level. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Right, i'll try and make this a bit simpler. Hamza is never taking Ndidi's place in the team when Wilf is fit. So for Hamza to have progressed under Rodgers, we'd have to have deployed the Puel system of 4-2-3-1 where the 2 are a defensive double pivot. Of Ndidi and Hamza. Again, that was never going to happen with Tielemans, Praet and Maddison to choose from too. This is why Choudhury has sort of been left behind. He's not as good as a DCM as Ndidi (understandable) and as a box to box midfielder, he hasn't been trusted by Rodgers, which is fair enough as he'd have to be way more dynamic than he is which is a huge ask.

For another manager with slightly different ways of playing, I think he would do well at this level. 

I know exactly what you meant but thanks for explaining those tricky tactics to us dumb folk! 

I just found the use of the word pivot highly amusing and that your initial comment was just hours before he came in and played well because you implied he couldn’t play the ‘pivot’ role by himself which he did for large parts of last night. 

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I know exactly what you meant but thanks for explaining those tricky tactics to us dumb folk! 

I just found the use of the word pivot highly amusing and that your initial comment was just hours before he came in and played well because you implied he couldn’t play the ‘pivot’ role by himself which he did for large parts of last night. 

We must have got our wires crossed because I never once said he couldn't play the pivot on his own, that's the only position he has a future at under Rodgers.

• Like 1

I think Puel showed how effective Hamza can be in a 4231 system against the top teams, particularly Liverpool. Brendan solely relies on 4141 which leaves our midfield underpowered, especially without Ndidi. There is a role for him here, but it is of a bit part player, which will eventually result in him leaving. It's just a matter of time sadly. 

7 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Thought Hamza played well in the first half but he tired in the 2nd half (due to lack of games) he nearly did another of his ‘Liverpool’ tackles on Reed but the ball went to a Fulham player. It’s unfortunate for him that we have Ndidi & Mendy in front of him as I am sure he would get a lot more games, it’s brilliant for us though to have this sort of back up... 

I wish he would do a few more L'pool tackles...proudly Ride his reputation, Not Hide from it, & upset a few more managers...

I didn t & Dont see what was wrong on That Klopp day...

Strange that Leicester fans cant see through Klopps miserable attack on a decent hard young player...

Roy Keane...eat your Heart out...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sm1 said:

I think Puel showed how effective Hamza can be in a 4231 system against the top teams, particularly Liverpool. Brendan solely relies on 4141 which leaves our midfield underpowered, especially without Ndidi. There is a role for him here, but it is of a bit part player, which will eventually result in him leaving. It's just a matter of time sadly. 

If Bren realises we lack both height for set pieces and physicality to protect the midfield, and decides that Mendy can offer neither (and only the technical the ability that our team has through and through) then Hamza may get a shot as number two defensive midfielder, a position that would get plenty of game time with cups and European football.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-blocked-longstaff-loan-due-to-pozzo-family/

Exclusive: Furious Newcastle blocked Longstaff move due to Pozzo family antics
By Wayne Veysey -9th February 2021 at 10:06am1

Newcastle United blocked the deadline-day exit of Matty Longstaff to Watford as they are still furious with the Pozzo family who own the club, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

Watford made a move to sign Longstaff on loan as part of a transfer chain that would have seen Hamza Choudhury join Newcastle and Nathaniel Chalobah replace him at Leicester City.

But the Choudhury and Chalobah deals collapsed at the eleventh hour due to the ultra-strained relationship between the Newcastle and Watford deals.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider further details that sheds extra light on why Newcastle were ultimately willing to lose out on Choudhury because of their hostility towards Watford.

The discord stretches back to last year when the United board were unhappy with Watford’s owners, the Pozzo family, over their pursuit of Longstaff for their other club Udinese.

Newcastle felt Udinese unsettled Longstaff during their contract talks by offering him a deal to move to Italy in a way that had a detrimental effect on the player.

It would have secured only a small compensation fee for Longstaff due to his age and his previous contract expiring last summer.

Longstaff eventually signed a new two-year deal with Newcastle last August, but the Magpies have not forgiven or forgotten the Pozzo’s pursuit of the homegrown talent.

This was why they refused to consider sanctioning a move to Watford on deadline day.

In a difficult day of discussions between all the clubs Watford refused to consider alternative options to Longstaff and, as a result, the transfer chain reaction meant the Choudry and Chalobah deals also fell through.

All three midfield players remained at their respective clubs.

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-blocked-longstaff-loan-due-to-pozzo-family/

Exclusive: Furious Newcastle blocked Longstaff move due to Pozzo family antics
By Wayne Veysey -9th February 2021 at 10:06am1

Newcastle United blocked the deadline-day exit of Matty Longstaff to Watford as they are still furious with the Pozzo family who own the club, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

Watford made a move to sign Longstaff on loan as part of a transfer chain that would have seen Hamza Choudhury join Newcastle and Nathaniel Chalobah replace him at Leicester City.

But the Choudhury and Chalobah deals collapsed at the eleventh hour due to the ultra-strained relationship between the Newcastle and Watford deals.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider further details that sheds extra light on why Newcastle were ultimately willing to lose out on Choudhury because of their hostility towards Watford.

The discord stretches back to last year when the United board were unhappy with Watford’s owners, the Pozzo family, over their pursuit of Longstaff for their other club Udinese.

Newcastle felt Udinese unsettled Longstaff during their contract talks by offering him a deal to move to Italy in a way that had a detrimental effect on the player.

It would have secured only a small compensation fee for Longstaff due to his age and his previous contract expiring last summer.

Longstaff eventually signed a new two-year deal with Newcastle last August, but the Magpies have not forgiven or forgotten the Pozzo’s pursuit of the homegrown talent.

This was why they refused to consider sanctioning a move to Watford on deadline day.

In a difficult day of discussions between all the clubs Watford refused to consider alternative options to Longstaff and, as a result, the transfer chain reaction meant the Choudry and Chalobah deals also fell through.

All three midfield players remained at their respective clubs.

Big up the Pozzo's, brilliant!