Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

7 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

But if he goes and someone else comes in the net difference is the same.

Now if he stays because of DM cover and we still bring someone else in, that's worth considering.

except they wouldn't be able to replace him the the EL squad as he is a club trained player

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Can we get this over the line? I want to watch Hamza actually play football. If Hamza has to stay on the bench as a backup to Mendy he’ll never get to improve his game. Frustrating.

I really don’t think he 8s upto our level nowadays, he hasn’t improved and don’t think he will playing weekly. 

I do think he could be a good championship player.

He confirmed nothing. 

I saw the presser on SSN and when asked about him he said, "he is a player we like but I would never talk about another teams player".

Standard generic answer that certainly alluded to him possibly going there but under no stretch of the imagination did it confirm he was moving. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I saw the presser on SSN and when asked about him he said, "he is a player we like but I would never talk about another teams player".

Isn't that exactly what he's just done? lol

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Fofana or Soyuncu could easily do the defensive midfielder thing if required. We have loads of really flexible options in the squad. If it gives Hamza the chance to develop his game he should go regardless of the Ndidi situation.

Our real problem is cover for Youri in the absence of Praet. The only thing I can come up with is using Maddison in his role and Perez in the 10 position.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think Fofana or Soyuncu could easily do the defensive midfielder thing if required. We have loads of really flexible options in the squad. If it gives Hamza the chance to develop his game he should go regardless of the Ndidi situation.

Our real problem is cover for Youri in the absence of Praet. The only thing I can come up with is using Maddison in his role and Perez in the 10 position.

I think we should focus on square pegs for square holes. Amartey could play DM, but we wouldn't want him to, same as we shouldn't plan on Ndidi playing Centre Half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Amartey was signed as a defensive midfielder. He could cover there if necessary.

Yep!

All seems a bit harsh to me, feel like we could easily let him move out without getting in the AM replacement. 

Perhaps it was BR's way of getting other deals moving. I still think he leaves on Deadline Day no matter what, and if he doesn't I think we've let him down

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He confirmed nothing. 

Standard generic answer that certainly alluded to him possibly going there but under no stretch of the imagination did it confirm he was moving. 

Odd thing to say given his past comments lol I’d prefer him to say I don’t like him at all but he’s a good footballer 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

We had to play him, my point was that shouldn't be our strategy.

....totally agree, square pegs in square holes!!!

Bringing in McGregor and should Hamza go out on loan would be a great boost to this squad. I still think we are mentally weak and having McGregor in will cover for Ndidi, Praet or any cover for Youri. He is a dynamic player who will drive our midfield strength and hold us together. I am sure he would have been Rodgers go to at Celtic, Youri is his man at this club, it would be interesting who would Rodgers entrust as the general.

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Odd thing to say given his past comments lol I’d prefer him to say I don’t like him at all but he’s a good footballer 

Well it looks like Matt Richie is on his way out so he can safely jump ship without consequence.