Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

He wasn't even that good. He was OK. His passing is poor, his tackling is erratic. I like the kid but he doesn't belong at a top 6 club. He's level of talent is Jeff Schlupp level, so I hope he moves on to Newcastle, Palace or Burnley and have a decent career.  Mendy is much better than Hamza , and Mendy is a good enough back up to Ndidi.

Get £10-12m for the boy and wish him well. 

Agree with all of the above. He needs to play to improve his decision making. Wish him all the best

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm sure we can circle back to this in a few years and see how he's looking.

As I say, I think his engine is premier league class but technically he's probably league one, it balances out to make a championship player. If he is high end championship technically with his phsyical attributes then he'll be playing regular Premier league football in a couple of seasons.

I'll think back to this post and go "ahh...that guy who said hamza is a better player than I give him credit for was spot on". I'll probably mention it in a thread that's been started by Col City Fan saying that he always said we should never have let him go.

Good reply, that made me do a genuine lol. I'll look forward to it 👍

Doesn’t have the passing ability or brain to break into our team, always worries me when he’s on the pitch. He puts himself about but concerned about silly fouls/red cards and giving the ball away when he plays.

If KDH is staying at Luton and with Praet out I can only assume we have something lined up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

no way he leaves with Praet out til March

I think he does if we are looking to give another youngster a chance instead.  I suppose it depends on how much we believe in the other young players coming through.

It is a hard decision as he is a local lad, so I want him to be a world beater.  Unfortunately his skill set is below what we need now and I do not see him improving enough to get to the level we want. 

Still a good player and will have a good career somewhere.  I just can not see it being for Leicester.

What made Hamza was his workrate and going in for tackles.

Since that tackle Vs Newcastle I feel when he has played, he is far more cautious and stand offish now, which has effected his style and confidence maybe?

He isn’t very skillfull or a great passer, so take away his energy and ruthless streak and he is an average squad player.

Mendy is also ahead of him in the pecking order and also potentially Amartey could do a job on occasion if numbers were slim.

Think best for himself and us if he did find a permanent move away and get what he needs most at his age, which is regular football.

If we were languishing in the bottom half he would maybe get the football he needs, but if we are to push regular top 6 as much as he is a local lad that we all wish to see pull on the foxes shirt, a move will be best for both parties.

We will leave with my best wishes and would follow his career to see how he progresses as he seems a likeable lad.

On 15/01/2021 at 12:07, glebe_sydneyfox said:

no way he leaves with Praet out til March

Praet being out has no impact on Hamza. They play very different roles in differing areas of the pitch. There is also the fact that hamza isn’t even fit to lace Praet’s boots. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

No Hamza in the squad for Southampton tonight - not even on the bench.  Perhaps an indication that he COULD be on his way this month ?

I believe club were hoping for more firm interest than they've had. Few decisions to make for Hamza. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay.

3 hours ago, bald reynard said:

No Hamza in the squad for Southampton tonight - not even on the bench.  Perhaps an indication that he COULD be on his way this month ?

I think more a case of club out growing him, look at that bench and who does he replace?

also add Praet into the mix that’s 2 spots asking the same question who does he replace, probably Thomas as Ricardo there as FB cover but it shows how strong we are becoming and unfortunately Hamza is being left behind just like I wouldn’t expect Morgan or Fuchs to be taking a place for a Premiership game ever again

4 hours ago, bald reynard said:

We also had no Fuchs or Morgan, we just have an incredibly big squad.

When you think we have 9 players on the bench and Choudhury, Morgan, Fuchs and Gray not being able to make the match day squad even with players out injured it’s remarkable really.

The lad has got something, but ultimately he isn't at the level for where we are now. I think he'd do well at a side that has less of the ball where his job is made pretty simple. Could see him being a good fit for West Brom, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, particularly West Brom as I think Sam Allardyce will really know how to get the best out of him. 

He can add some steel when we are in a dogfight.   Rarely required this season luckily and for his sake hope he gets a move.  Don't want him to stagnate further as a 3rd choice DM, or 3rd/4th choice number 8.  

He's an amazing guy, really looked for my lad when he was a mascot.   

On 14/01/2021 at 23:10, Koke said:

He wasn't even that good. He was OK. His passing is poor, his tackling is erratic. I like the kid but he doesn't belong at a top 6 club. He's level of talent is Jeff Schlupp level, so I hope he moves on to Newcastle, Palace or Burnley and have a decent career.  Mendy is much better than Hamza , and Mendy is a good enough back up to Ndidi.

Get £10-12m for the boy and wish him well. 

He'd just broke into the first team under Puel. Fans were excited how he'd started--and it was a tremendous and unexpected jump--and were excited how he'd improve. But then he never got the game time. And Mendy and Ndidi improved massively under Bren. You could see Bren wanted Hamza to play in a more advanced role, in which Hamza never quite shined, but then he never got a prolonged chance there. It's sad to see an academy player leave but I really doubt Hamza will get the game time to improve with Bren. He's a loyal player and said before he prefers to fight for the first team but I can't see it happening under Bren. I'd prefer a loan to give us a chance at using an improved Hamza. But Ndidi and Mendy seem unmovable at the moment and Hamza deserves more than being a squad player.

• 2 weeks later...