Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Most improved player you have seen?

Without doubt. James Justin. Last season when he csme in, i thought, this kid wont make it. Championship level.

This lad is ny far the most improved player. He os going to be another HM, snd go one to play for england, possibly before maddison plays again sadly.

7 hours ago, Fox42 said:

I’m not saying he’s the most improved but Wes Morgan deserves a mention.

Genuinely i think youre right. When he first came, saw him warming up like the u 16. Trap the ball and move round a 20p peice. In all honesty he improved greatly from playing along side huth.  Became that vastly improved player from then

19 hours ago, shailen said:

I think Vardy. Thought he was well below it in that play off heartbreak season and that we should get rid. Then he came back like a house on fire and hasn't really looked back since. 

I vaguely recall watching a game against Wolves years ago, where Vardy either started or came on as a sun. I remember thinking, ‘WHY are you playing him??’. 

I think it was the same game Konchesky scored a screamer.

Guest StevieLynex

Gary Lineker. Looked hopeless as a right winger, couldn't control a ball and offered little in front of goal. Less than 10 years later, top scorer in the 1986 World Cup

Vardy was a strange one. I can’t say I had any idea that he would become what he has, but I was against the general consensus on here that he should ‘go back to the conference’ or ‘he’s out his depth at Championship level’.

He was decent in 12/13 at the start, then looked to of lost confidence. The Middlesbrough game where Emnes missed a late pen, I remember him getting pelted on here and defending him.

I was rolling my eyes how bad we played with Wood up top and Kane on the wing. Really hoped Vardy would get a chance in the playoffs but nope and we failed.

I was so happy he got a chance 13/14 with that silly haircut and believed he would be great for us and so it proved.
His form from 2013-15 was exactly what I expected and knew he had that in him, however he started to go above and beyond what I expected in the 15/16 season and that 11 game goal scoring run..some of his goals and levels he was showing blew my mind. Stoke away, Arsenal home, Southampton away, Palace home and West Brom away stick in my mind, he looks a top level striker...gives me goosebumps thinking back!

I'm absolutely gob smacked at the amount of people saying that they didn't think he was all that good when he arrived or that they didn't think he'd make it.

You must be the same people who thought chilwell was rubbish or Ricardo would never be any good.

Sure he took a couple of games to get adjusted to Premier League from division 1 but the talent was there to see from the very first game he played for us.

I imagine these are the kind of people who can't be arsed to teach their kids to read because the talent isn't obvious on day one.

and relax....

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm absolutely gob smacked at the amount of people saying that they didn't think he was all that good when he arrived or that they didn't think he'd make it.

You must be the same people who thought chilwell was rubbish or Ricardo would never be any good.

Sure he took a couple of games to get adjusted to Premier League from division 1 but the talent was there to see from the very first game he played for us.

I imagine these are the kind of people who can't be arsed to teach their kids to read because the talent isn't obvious on day one.

and relax....

I disagree, he has come on a huge amount.

Sure when I saw him last season I didn’t really think much, he looked ok, decent player. Worth the signing etc. However I genuinely can’t believe how good he’s become. I did not see that for sure.

Kante, Fofana, Ricardo and even Vardy were to me a lot more obvious than Justin. I’m very pleasantly surprised how good he has become , and on current form Ricardo would be 3rd choice fullback for me, madness!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

and relax....

No, you're wrong and I think must have a short memory. When he joined us he was pace, aggression and little else. Seriously lacking technically and looked every inch the non-league player. Then almost overnight it's like he just suddenly decided to work on the other parts of his game which were not up to scratch and make the most of his natural talent and then he became the the Predator that we know now and is evolving season after season

Maybe Steve Walsh after about a year of Brian Little's tenure. He was pretty one dimensional up until then. Obviously whole-heated and totally committed but always liable to score an own goal, give away a penalty or get sent off for breaking someone's jaw. BL stuck him up front half way through the 92/93 season and he was a revelation. Scored lots of goals, set up lots of goals, scared defences and also curbed his temper.

He suffered 2 bad cruciate ligament injuries which would have been career ending a few years earlier but came back both times, developed his vision and passing ability as in the pass which led to the penalty against Palace in the 96 play-off.

The went on to give 4 years of sterling service in the PL until 2000 as a defender again. Lifted the League Cup in 1997 and would have done so again in 2000 but he was suspended.

If you're too young to remember him check out some videos on youtube or whatever. 100% Leicester legend. Sorry Jamie, Wes, Kasper and one or two others but he's still my favourite LCFC player of all time,

Vardy is the obvious choice here. I don’t think we knew how good he’d become when you consider we’d purchased him for £1,000,000. 

As others have said, at times he looked out of his depth and this must have crossed his mind as well, as his own crisis of confidence made him consider quitting. We can thank Pearson and his management team for that. Arguably the most important think they did for us. 

I can see why people say JJ, as he did look out of his depth when he first played. I hadn’t seen a lot of him at Luton though, so could only really benchmark him on how he performed for us. 

Ricardo is an interesting one, as I remember him getting torn to pieces and people questioning the price tag when we lost at home to Liverpool. 

Going further back, obviously Kisnorbo was great as a centre back. Him and McCauley formed a half decent partnership. He was never a midfielder. 

Kasper is an interesting one as well. I think he’s slowly stepped out of his fathers shadow and 15/16 obviously went a long way to do that. 

Others of note, Harry Kane was awful. When other professionals comments and say they’re surprised with how good he is now, your know that’s vast improvement.