Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Most improved player you have seen?

Agree. Justin. Didn't look like he was quite up to scratch at first. Now, he's more or less undroppable, in a squad that contains Ricardo and Castagne. Mental.

Drinkwater might be my 2nd choice. Was miles better in his first full season with us.

Edit: Of course, it's Vardy! From debatably Champ level to GOAT.

Edited by Raw Dykes
done goofed
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Monty said:

His development is amazing, but signed when he was quite young, so maybe this was his trajectory?

Most improved has to be Vardy. We all saw the raw talent, but never could we had thought he'd reach the heights he has.

How did I miss him out? Thought he had always been amazing

Id say Vardy... Looked poor in his first season in the championship, then he smashed it

Then in the Premier league.. Looked a world beater on his debut vs man u, then he was crap until the last few games of the season... Since then, been one of the best, most consistent players in the league 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Easily James Justin. David Oldfield when he moved into midfield, but not anywhere near Justin. From fairly average to almost incredible

But Justin hasnt improved, hes developed & matured from being first introduced...as a young potential investment

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But Justin hasnt improved, hes developed & matured from being first introduced...as a young potential investment

Indeed. I always thought he would be a top player. Had all the attributes. Maybe not as quick as he has though :surrender:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

splitting hairs here.

of course he has improved.

I was pushing the boat...and saying he already had the dynamic & potential..

Too many ,Not all, were expecting too much from the Youngster & "splitting hairs"...you Play you learn..!! and even in those Early games One could see

He had PL written all over him...A few even mentions it was too Early & Not up to it..!!

Also like Thomas (though Maybe Not so dynamic)

for youngsters I See talent  Development & potential....Its The word improvement that IMO does not Pass ,it can conjure up a Non exsistent  past negative..period.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

JJ first choice full back at the club now, remarkable seems as Ricardo looked borderline world class before his injury. Our defence is now top drawer in terms of depth when even with Castagne and Fofana out we still put out a back four that is as good as any in the league. Shout out to Thomas who also looks a top player potentially.

BR will love that goal from JJ tonight. No one would have said anything if JJ didn't go past the half way line in that move but he sprinted 3/4 the length of the pitch on the chance he might be able to add the attack and ended up slotting the goal to make the evening relatively comfortable for us. You only have to look at the Fulham player tracking him who was going through the motions and only got a move on when JJ was in to see the difference in desire between the two players.

The selling of Chilwell looks really astute business to give JJ his chance and the Ricardo injury is the silver lining. How many Leicester fans would sway him for Chilwell? Hardly any I would say. Another cheap upgrade on a great sale just like Soyuncu/Maguire.

• Like 2

There’s been so many as we haven’t bought the finished article in the past. But for me it’s Gary Lineker, he came into the side as a skinny winger with a bit of pace but no trick, then after a summer of training and eating I don’t know what came back a lightning quick frontman with strength and hold up play at times too, and goals galore. Our hero at the time Jim Melrose became a forgotten man sadly.

Agree with Vards.  Used to sigh when he's be subbed on for his 10 minute cameos.  After that 'Boro game (coldest I've ever been) I'd have been quite happy for him never to play for us again.  Kicked on a bit since...