Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Analysis: How Brendan Rodgers got Kelechi Ịheanachọ firing - Twenty3

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho has more often than not done well when in a front two, especially with Vardy. Sadly we hadn't seen it with any great regularity. In 2 spells last season he briefly ignited us when struggling just before and after Xmas and after the restart. This season he has been like a new signing post February when attacking players around him were getting injured or horribly off form.

What's quite fascinating is how well we have done this season from fringe players. Is this luck on Rodgers part or just superb management from the way they are included behind the scenes when not playing. A lot of spoken of how Rodgers demands his players to remain focused as they will at some point get opportunities and they must take them. Mendy and Fuchs earlier this season were extraordinary in helping us get points, now Iheanacho has done so after what felt like months in the wilderness. Rodgers has to take some credit for that as he manages to keep these players on board.

This basically.

With the emphasis that he works so much better in a two. As a lone striker he tends to get isolated and drifts out of the game. Vardy on the other hand always fancies it's and employs two defenders.

• Like 1

His attitude has changed in the past when things didn't go his way you could see his head drop and he looked disinterested he was also a bit reluctant to get involved when he hadn't got the ball. Now he looks much more of a part of the team doing some defensive work and looking to stay in the game after things don't work out.

• Like 1

Something I was musing on recently - When JV retired from international duty, I thought it was a gain for Leicester and not much of a loss to England - Vardy didn't fit into England's system. But the way Rodgers has Vardy playing now, with much more awareness of space and drawing defenders away rather than chasing the ball, and the way both Southgate and Jose have tended to push Kane deeper, would make them an amazing strike partnership now, and I think how Vardy has worked alongside Kel proves it. I wonder if he's been asked out of retirement?

Edited by Flynny

1 hour ago, davieG said:

His attitude has changed in the past when things didn't go his way you could see his head drop and he looked disinterested he was also a bit reluctant to get involved when he hadn't got the ball. Now he looks much more of a part of the team doing some defensive work and looking to stay in the game after things don't work out.

It’s a bit heartbreaking to suggest this, but is this a consequence of empty stadiums? Our fans have been pretty harsh on him, and he’s a confidence player.

We’re not as cvntish as West Ham, obviously, but we definitely have the propensity to make fragile players crumble. Really hope it’s just a run in the side that’s given him confidence, but can’t help wondering...

10 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

It’s a bit heartbreaking to suggest this, but is this a consequence of empty stadiums? Our fans have been pretty harsh on him, and he’s a confidence player.

We’re not as cvntish as West Ham, obviously, but we definitely have the propensity to make fragile players crumble. Really hope it’s just a run in the side that’s given him confidence, but can’t help wondering...

I don't think it was to do with empty stadiums maybe to do with how Man City played?  I never though it was that bad but he took a lot of criticism on here for it. But that's all behind him now and I think that's down to Rodgers and his team.

27 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Our fans have backed him under Rodgers. I'd say he was one of the most supported player from the stands with songs from December through to the shut down of football last season. 

It might help that his name fits the Cambiasso song but either way our fans have got behind him in the majority. 

• Like 1

I must be honest I am shocked he found form after being omitted from the starting line up for those three games Vards was out for having an op. I thought he would be sold in the summer when I saw Brendans line-ups over those three games.

The old "False 9" with Perez must have been the biggest kick in the teeth for Kelechi but he seemed to stay positive, got in and has done amazingly.

On 08/04/2021 at 21:17, Analysethis said:

I must be honest I am shocked he found form after being omitted from the starting line up for those three games Vards was out for having an op. I thought he would be sold in the summer when I saw Brendans line-ups over those three games.

The old "False 9" with Perez must have been the biggest kick in the teeth for Kelechi but he seemed to stay positive, got in and has done amazingly.

I was fuming when Rodgers played played Perez instead of Iheanacho in those games. Iheanacho isn’t a great lone striker but he’s leagues ahead of Perez - he can actually hold the ball up which Perez just can’t at all.

Iheanacho has actually been quite unlucky in his time with us, he’s rarely had consistent runs in the team and whenever he has, he’s usually been quite impressive, only then to fall out of favour too quickly again.

• Like 2