Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: West Ham 3-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

West Ham 3-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.5

Total Average Rating

134 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 7.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Daniel Amartey 4.1
  4. Manager Confidence 94% 0%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 11/04/21
Voting Ends: 16/04/21

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Daniel Amartey
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Wesley Fofana
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Timothy Castagne
  9. Dennis Praet
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Luke Thomas (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)

It was a very strange lethargic performance all round. Kelechi is on a different level at the moment and gets an 8, Albrighton had an impact so deserves a 7 but the rest were average or way below. It was one of the least effective games I have seen Ndidi play, Riccardo looked knackered bless him so was thrown in, Castagne really poor on the left but looks like a different player on the right and our persistence to play a 3 at the back should only ever happen if the main three are fit as Amartey gives us little with the ball.

13 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

Could not understand the performance, knowing how important this game was.

Partly bad luck due to having players being unavailable. But I think otherwise it is just one of those things: we were set up in 3-5-2 formation that worked in recent games for Nachos but it stifles our full backs. This game it didn’t work, but I was pleased that Rodgers changed it after HT with intro of Thomas and Albrighton (in place of Amartey and Praet), allowing Castagne to switch to the right (he is much better as a right full back) and effectively played 4-4-2 (exactly what I called for on the match thread before HT 🤣). It kind of worked although it wasn’t enough and I was somewhat disappointed that Ricardo was still no where near his best despite the change (guess he played more as a right winger although strangely he often dropped back as right full back while Castagne was almost covering as CB and Fofana went to the left to play LB as Thomas was playing way out in front). I was pleased to see the change and the effort in the second half. I wish we started this way but in fairness it was difficult for Rodgers. Still I am bitterly disappointed we lost such an important game to stay in top 4. I must say with Chelsea and Liverpool closing in, we may not even get into Europa.

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Partly bad luck due to having players being unavailable. But I think otherwise it is just one of those things: we were set up in 3-5-2 formation that worked in recent games for Nachos but it stifles our full backs. This game it didn’t work, but I was pleased that Rodgers changed it after HT with intro of Thomas and Albrighton (in place of Amartey and Praet), allowing Castagne to switch to the right (he is much better as a right full back) and effectively played 4-4-2 (exactly what I called for on the match thread before HT 🤣). It kind of worked although it wasn’t enough and I was somewhat disappointed that Ricardo was still no where near his best despite the change (guess he played more as a right winger although strangely he often dropped back as right full back while Castagne was almost covering as CB and Fofana went to the left to play LB as Thomas was playing way out in front). I was pleased to see the change and the effort in the second half. I wish we started this way but in fairness it was difficult for Rodgers. Still I am bitterly disappointed we lost such an important game to stay in top 4. I must say with Chelsea and Liverpool closing in, we may not even get into Europa.

3-5-2 is to compensate for the unavailability of Barnes and the lack of a right-winger.

Without wingers/wide-forwards, we are compelled to rely on the wing backs for width.

Second-half, we switched to a back 4 and Ricardo moved upfield to RM/RW, with Castagne and Thomas as FBs.

On 11/04/2021 at 11:17, Lesterlad said:

He was not at his best today, 

8 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

In my opinion he was. 

FT has always been a forum for personal opinions.

But of course when you publicly share yours, the public you address can share theirs of yours.

Accordingly, in my own opinion, he was not.

And I think most people would opine there's a WIDE gulf between not being at one's best and being poor.

Cheers! 

Edited by NaijaFox