Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

GTA 5 - Next Gen

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have played GTA 5 on PC, PS3, and PS4… I guess it is only right that I play it on PS5 as well?

They aren't making you buy it again are they?!

8 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Tried GTA online on PS4 recently. It's a shameless cash grab nowadays. They are milking it so bad and it's probably one of the most pay to win games out there. Avoid this if you've played older versions. 

I got back into it when they gave it away for free on Epic Games, but like you say once I had got through the initial money they give you as part of the giveaway, the vast majority of the game is just grinding drive from point a to point b to make a bit of money and having to repeat that about 10 times before you have enough money to buy something else, then doing it all over again

Only reason I will probably get this is to replay the campaign (if they give it a PS5 upgrade) as I haven't played that since it first released on PS3

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I got back into it when they gave it away for free on Epic Games, but like you say once I had got through the initial money they give you as part of the giveaway, the vast majority of the game is just grinding drive from point a to point b to make a bit of money and having to repeat that about 10 times before you have enough money to buy something else, then doing it all over again

Only reason I will probably get this is to replay the campaign (if they give it a PS5 upgrade) as I haven't played that since it first released on PS3

And most of the time, as a new player, you're grinding hard to make anything and some idiot flys over and fires missles at you failing your mission or job 🤣. Honestly can't see there being many single player upgrades. Maybe slightly graphically. Wish they would have done an offline DLC but that doesn't bring in the big bucks nowadays.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

And most of the time, as a new player, you're grinding hard to make anything and some idiot flys over and fires missles at you failing your mission or job 🤣. Honestly can't see there being many single player upgrades. Maybe slightly graphically. Wish they would have done an offline DLC but that doesn't bring in the big bucks nowadays.

Same with RDR2 really, completely ignored offline but put everything into online, and I have barely touched the online for that because you just get the same idiots like in GTA5 that think they are funny lassoing you and dragging you around all the time

I think it’s just the online version coming to the next gen, not the offline story. I’ve played online to death, especially with the Cayo Perico heist being so easy and able to do as a single player. Now I’ve got everything I want and over 70M sitting there with nothing to spend it on! 

Hopefully this new enhanced version will bring in new challenges and make it worthwhile again but the biggest hurdle for me is actually getting a next gen console before this comes out! 

27 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I think it’s just the online version coming to the next gen, not the offline story. I’ve played online to death, especially with the Cayo Perico heist being so easy and able to do as a single player. Now I’ve got everything I want and over 70M sitting there with nothing to spend it on! 

Hopefully this new enhanced version will bring in new challenges and make it worthwhile again but the biggest hurdle for me is actually getting a next gen console before this comes out! 

The main article from Rockstar mentions GTA5 and GTA Online separately so I am hoping it means the campaign as well

“The expanded and enhanced versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online are arriving on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S with new features and more, on November 11th, 2021.”

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

They really are milking this to death. I get the online it's an absolute cash cow and plenty of, well, questionable shall we say, people pump a ton of money in to it constantly. They really need to release a gta6 though. I get it, while this is bringing in the fortune that it is why upset the apple cart. Frustrating, though. 

Don't think we'll see a GTA 6 until late 2023, possibly even 2024. Mad to think there wasn't a new GTA on the Xbox One/PS4 gen of consoles.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't think we'll see a GTA 6 until late 2023, possibly even 2024. Mad to think there wasn't a new GTA on the Xbox One/PS4 gen of consoles.

The worst part is, they could have just made a DLC story reusing Los Santos map, maybe few years after the main story and add in all the online vehicles. Relatively low effort. I'd even pay for it But again that doesn't fit the high cash/ lowish effort model. Shame because I loved GTA IV DLCs.