Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

Sunday drama!

3 hours ago, Flamey said:

Today is already turning into a nightmare for me....my gf has invited her sister and brother in law round for dinner (first meeting indoors since lockdown) at 15:30....😬🤨😔😟😟🙁😪 ....a storm is heading my way.

Sickener.  I feel your pain.

2 hours ago, Flamey said:

🤣 bro in law is a Derby fan....so not getting any back up there! Tbf she indulges my love of the foxes like a champion (usually)....it just feels like this isn't going to play out in my favour...I will just put it on in the background and hope for the best!🤞🏻

OMG it gets worse!  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Yet it's the finale and we still have a reasonable chance of getting top four.

I feel exactly the same, almost like today is a free hit but I've made my peace with Europa League. Strange isn't it?

It's the FA cup afterglow. 

There is no way I would still feel this content had we list that final. Fickle, eh?

I actually think we will win today, I just don't have any faith in Palace or Villa doing the same... which going by my track record of predictions this season, will probably mean that we will lose and Villa/Palace will win and we'll miss out anyway. That would be a slight flick of the bawz to end the season on. 

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Sickener.  I feel your pain.

OMG it gets worse!  lol

Actually....just had an update....bro in law isn't coming now!! That means gf and sister will be nattering whilst I watch Leicester in the other room....what a result!!!😁😁😁😁

• Like 4

I agree with a previous poster...the FACup was the be all and end all of my LCFC supporting life. It meant everything and is the culmination of a lifetime dream. Fourth place was never a priority, finishing fifth is good enough for me. Even fourth may not be enough if Cheatski win the champions league. So I am very relaxed about today, no tension at all. Just one of extreme satisfaction and smugness regarding the season as a whole.

Guest Bert Fill
12 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's the FA cup afterglow. 

There is no way I would still feel this content had we list that final. Fickle, eh?

Fickle? Nah, no way. That’s nothing anyway. I’m still in the ‘you know what, we won the f***ing league, that takes the edge off any slight disappointments!’

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

I agree with a previous poster...the FACup was the be all and end all of my LCFC supporting life. It meant everything and is the culmination of a lifetime dream. Fourth place was never a priority, finishing fifth is good enough for me. Even fourth may not be enough if Cheatski win the champions league. So I am very relaxed about today, no tension at all. Just one of extreme satisfaction and smugness regarding the season as a whole.

Chelsea winning the CL has no bearing on 4th place. That would only have happened if an English club had won the EL and finished outside the top 4.

How many times has this been explained on this forum?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

How many times has this been explained on this forum?

Clearly not enough!

4 hours ago, Dusty said:

I’m weirdly optimistic, really not sure why.

Good for you.

I'm not particularly optimistic, but I'm not in a cold sweat either, whatever will be will be, as many have already said on here. Nice to have someone who has an odd feeling we're going to get what we want though. We all hope you're right.

Looking forward to watching the game with the fans back in the stadium. My focus will be on enjoying the game rather than worrying about the Chelsea/Liverpool results - will check on the other scores at half time and with a few mins to go.

• Like 1

Convinced we'll see a few twists today, I just hope we put in a performance to be proud of. If we win and 69 points wasn't enough then so be it. 3 goals isn't an insummountable difference to make up, so I hope Rodgers sets us up to attack from the off. One last big effort from the lads and then it's well deserved breaks for the majority.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Yet it's the finale and we still have a reasonable chance of getting top four.

I feel exactly the same, almost like today is a free hit but I've made my peace with Europa League. Strange isn't it?

Remember a couple of hours ago, I was giving it the big "I AM" and saying I wasn't too fussed.....

....Just turned on the build up and my arsehole started twitching like a rabbits nose. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Convinced we'll see a few twists today, I just hope we put in a performance to be proud of. If we win and 69 points wasn't enough then so be it. 3 goals isn't an insummountable difference to make up, so I hope Rodgers sets us up to attack from the off. One last big effort from the lads and then it's well deserved breaks for the majority.

Perez should be doing a Nightshift mining iron ore for the next 2 months if we miss out on CL football!!🤬🤬🤬