Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

Sunday drama!

38 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Today is already turning into a nightmare for me....my gf has invited her sister and brother in law round for dinner (first meeting indoors since lockdown) at 15:30....πŸ˜¬πŸ€¨πŸ˜”πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜ŸπŸ™β˜ΉπŸ˜ͺ ....a storm is heading my way.

15:30 is a bit late forΒ dinner, isn't it? Unless you are posh and have your dinner in the evening then it's a bit early. Tell them you'll be eating after 6pm but they'll be welcome to watch the match with you. Give the Brother in law a beer and a fruit based drink for the ladies and everyone's a winner. No worries.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dayday said:

A couple of papers saying Chelsea could get points deducted after being in the dock for the 7th time in 7 years after our clash the other night.

Β 

Cannot see it happening but would be nice.

Might happen if they win the UCL.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

15:30 is a bit late forΒ dinner, isn't it? Unless you are posh and have your dinner in the evening then it's a bit early. Tell them you'll be eating after 6pm but they'll be welcome to watch the match with you. Give the Brother in law a beer and a fruit based drink for the ladies and everyone's a winner. No worries.Β 

Yeah this. I am gobsmacked that you have agreed to that. It is the last game of the season man.

3 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

This would be dramatic...

81939063-2889-4AB6-BC1E-C540AE77A878.jpeg

Ridiculous story, the Premier League have completely pussied out of giving them any meaningful punishment for trying to form a break away league, but then give them a points deduction for a bit of handbags on the pitch, yeah righto!Β 

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Never going to happen. Goes completely against the thought of the premier league wanting to keep the "top 6" the top 6

Does that mean that we might also get a points deduction? Unless Big Dan was innocent?Β 

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, Bert said:

Doesn’t matter what the others do unless we win ours. So will just watch us.Β 

This.

Β 

I'm also keen to just enjoy our game and hope for a win, without getting overly stressed/worked up about the other games. If it goes our way, perfect, if it doesn't it's still been a great season. Signing it off with a win would be the icing on the cake from our perspective, the other games are out of our control.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah this. I am gobsmacked that you have agreed to that. It is the last game of the season man.

That's the thing though....I didn't agree...gf invited them without my knowing and I will be expected to play my part in hosting. The fact that this is 'our' first get together indoors since lockdown gives her the moral advantage.....but it's the bloody last game of the season!!!

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Does that mean that we might also get a points deduction? Unless Big Dan was innocent?Β 

No, the talk is about Chelsea's continued issue with having 'disruptions' during the game. It's happened quite a few times with those lot!Β 

Guest bennytwohats

Paper talk designed to get clicks given how precarious the top 4 race is. Has there ever been a precedent for points deductions for something like this? Not happening

14 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

This.

Β 

I'm also keen to just enjoy our game and hope for a win, without getting overly stressed/worked up about the other games. If it goes our way, perfect, if it doesn't it's still been a great season. Signing it off with a win would be the icing on the cake from our perspective, the other games are out of our control.

Spot on mate.Β 

56 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Ridiculous story, the Premier League have completely pussied out of giving them any meaningful punishment for trying to form a break away league, but then give them a points deduction for a bit of handbags on the pitch, yeah righto!Β 

They may retrospectively deduct Chelsea 3 points, then they can say they've dealt with it, but the only I liklihood of that is if we finish 4 points behind them.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Hold up. Dinner is between 5 and 8 usually, isn't it? Lunch is the early one.Β 

Just going to enjoy my first game live for over a year. If any miracle happens its a bonus.

Β 

If not we suffer with Euro losers league as consolidation and look forward to many disrupted Sundays. Many clubs would like to be in our position.Β 

• Like 1

Chelsea are never getting points deducted - not in a million years. Rudiger could have dropped his shorts and dumped on the 4th official and nothing but a tiny fine would ensue.Β 
Β 

Cannot imagine no punishment for effectively trying to destroy football but a points deduction for handbags. Yeah. Right.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flamey said:

Today is already turning into a nightmare for me....my gf has invited her sister and brother in law round for dinner (first meeting indoors since lockdown) at 15:30....πŸ˜¬πŸ€¨πŸ˜”πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜ŸπŸ™β˜ΉπŸ˜ͺ ....a storm is heading my way.

the joys of being single lolΒ 

5 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

I feel super relaxed about it. We’ll have to win ours and then see what happens. But since we won the FA Cup, I’ve felt prettyΒ relaxed about everything concerning the top 4 race. The cup was the big one for me.Β 

Β Nailed it

1 hour ago, Flamey said:

That's the thing though....I didn't agree...gf invited them without my knowing and I will be expected to play my part in hosting. The fact that this is 'our' first get together indoors since lockdown gives her the moral advantage.....but it's the bloody last game of the season!!!

No mate.

You need to man up andΒ tell them to feck off.

This is bigger than today. She will ALWAYSΒ  have the upper hand.

Grow some bo!!ox- this will be a roadmap to the rest of your life with her!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

I know this will have been said so many times before, but I find it simply hilariousΒ that the people I now messageΒ about football are Chelsea, Liverpool andΒ Man Utd fans. I know this will be the case for mostΒ fans today.

Β 

These messages are credible conversations, spoken on an equal plain, not just "who the F**k do you think you are?" kind of chats, but genuineΒ rival competitor chats. It must really gall some of them, but most are totally happy about it.

Β 

We've now gone so far ahead of our traditional Derby andΒ Forest fan friends and in all honesty, it's virtually impossible to talk to them about football now.

I'm realistic that footballΒ changes very quickly, so I'm not being smug here, it's just weird thatΒ only now amΒ IΒ finally coming to terms thatΒ I had to break up with them.

It wasn't them, it was us.Β 

Β 

Enjoy the day everyone, it's properly important to enjoy these times whilst we can.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I have absolutely zero expectations of us finding our way into top 4 so I'm not stressing about it in the slightest.Β 

Β 

This is actually the first game in god knows how long that I'm looking forward to without being nervous.Β 

Β 

Yet it's the finale and we still have a reasonable chance of getting top four.

Β 

I feel exactly the same, almost like today is a free hit but I've made my peace with Europa League. Strange isn't it?

• Like 1