Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think is Sowah goes anywhere, its back to Leuven, to help them out for a bit.

Perhaps even Maswanhise too, if they are lacking in options out wide.

Bit of a backward step in his development, needs a new challange. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit of a backward step in his development, needs a new challange. 

Disagree compared to U23 football. Different matter if he does get cups/EL before new year; but a short term loan out there might be a good move.

Might also help Leuven pick up a bit as he was good for them.,

31 minutes ago, leuven said:

our CEO already said Sowah is definitely not coming back. Our coach not using Benkovic and King might have something to do with it.

I think Sowah not going back to Leuven was more to do with the club wanting to take a look at him here rather that due to what went on with Benkovic and King

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think Sowah not going back to Leuven was more to do with the club wanting to take a look at him here rather that due to what went on with Benkovic and King

initially yes but now that they have decided to loan him out... and Leuven is not an option anymore.

8 minutes ago, leuven said:

initially yes but now that they have decided to loan him out... and Leuven is not an option anymore.

Probably the right time to get him a loan here in the Championship so they can see how he performs in English football

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I think is Sowah goes anywhere, its back to Leuven, to help them out for a bit.

Perhaps even Maswanhise too, if they are lacking in options out wide.

Not for me! he needs the step up in quality which for me would be the Championship, would also help him adapt to the English game, i’d honestly sooner see him stick with us and the u23s than head back to Belgium

Edited by dbtcity

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have 3 wingers on our books and one of them isn't even a winger in Perez. This is every bit as desperate as our full back situation last season was.

I’d have to disagree as I’m sure at 1 point we had 1 fit full back, If we had even a couple of fully fit options we probably wouldn’t have seen Thomas and he wouldn’t be at the level he’s currently at, I do agree as I have since Mahrez left we’ve been crying out for some quality on the right wing and I also pray we pull something out the bag the last few weeks… but as I said re Sowah the fact he’s behind 2 average right wingers shows me he’s not quite ready and a loan would be much more beneficial playing regularly in say the Championship than trotting out for our u23s, if Brendan thought differently I’m sure we would have seen him at least on the bench the last few games

12 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I have to disagree he needs the step up in quality which for me would be the Championship, would also help him adapt to the English game

That worked for KDH and Barnes but failed for Hirst and Knight . Hamza is also an open debate , there is always a risk it will set him back and damage his confidence. We saw what QPR did to us it can be very tough in the championship.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That worked for KDH and Barnes but failed for Hirst and Knight . Hamza is also an open debate , there is always a risk it will set him back and damage his confidence. We saw what QPR did to us it can be very tough in the championship.

2 were highly rated in KDH and Barnes whilst 2 were just kids loaned out to lower league teams! It’s like saying a Move to the prem worked for De Bruyne but didn’t for Junior Lewis :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

2 were highly rated in KDH and Barnes whilst 2 were just kids loaned out to lower league teams! It’s like saying a Move to the prem worked for De Bruyne but didn’t for Junior Lewis :blink:

Knight and Hirst were highly rated on here and initially by the club. Hirst has hit a brick wall and Knight has been deemed not good enough . Many thousands have been spent on their development for little apparent return. Sowah is not perhaps an outstanding talent but with careful handling he could develop into a very useful player for us.

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The Premier League is also much harder, the Championship would be a great stepping on his road to development as it can help him get used to playing regularly against teams like QPR

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Disagree compared to U23 football. Different matter if he does get cups/EL before new year; but a short term loan out there might be a good move.

Might also help Leuven pick up a bit as he was good for them.,

I never mention u23 football.

For me it ethier first team back up or a loan.

I'd prefer us to do what right for him, then worry abot OHL needs.

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The Premier League is also much harder, the Championship would be a great stepping on his road to development as it can help him get used to playing regularly against teams like QPR

We seemed far more comfortable playing against technical teams like Man.City and Villarreal than against the aggressive , in your face style of QPR. The championship can teach to cope with that type of football but not the more sophisticated PL style as the newly promoted teams quickly find out.

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

I’d have to disagree as I’m sure at 1 point we had 1 fit full back, If we had even a couple of fully fit options we probably wouldn’t have seen Thomas and he wouldn’t be at the level he’s currently at, I do agree as I have since Mahrez left we’ve been crying out for some quality on the right wing and I also pray we pull something out the bag the last few weeks… but as I said re Sowah the fact he’s behind 2 average right wingers shows me he’s not quite ready and a loan would be much more beneficial playing regularly in say the Championship than trotting out for our u23s, if Brendan thought differently I’m sure we would have seen him at least on the bench the last few games

At the start of last season we had Thomas, Castagne, Fuchs and Justin all fit. In January we were close to having all 5 full backs back to full fitness and then Justin did his ACL, Castagne got injured again at the end of Jan and Ricardo suffered set backs. 

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We seemed far more comfortable playing against technical teams like Man.City and Villarreal than against the aggressive , in your face style of QPR. The championship can teach to cope with that type of football but not the more sophisticated PL style as the newly promoted teams quickly find out.

I think you also need to stop putting so much emphasis on that QPR game, it was a pre-season friendly where they were also a few weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness, in actual competitive games (cup games) we have done pretty well against that level of competition.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think you also need to stop putting so much emphasis on that QPR game, it was a pre-season friendly where they were also a few weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness, in actual competitive games (cup games) we have done pretty well against that level of competition.

The gulf is one of intelligence to me and yes we began to outthink them in the second half. Sowah needs to show he has the brain for PL football and it is probably better for his development watching Tielemans, Maddison and how they try to unstitch a defence than proving he can handle the often roughhouse championship.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

More likely it means Sowah was never going to get any meaningful time and isn't a factor either way,

If Sowah stayed and we didn't bring anyone else in I reckon he'd have featured in the odd lower profile game.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Sowah stayed and we didn't bring anyone else in I reckon he'd have featured in the odd lower profile game.

That's true, and I suppose it makes it marginally more likely we'll sign a warm body who can play in Caribou Cup and such, but not indicative one way or the other on whether there's a plan to sign a legit starting-11 candidate for the games that matter.

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The gulf is one of intelligence to me and yes we began to outthink them in the second half. Sowah needs to show he has the brain for PL football and it is probably better for his development watching Tielemans, Maddison and how they try to unstitch a defence than proving he can handle the often roughhouse championship.

You could say that about Barnes and KDH but look at how much they benefitted from going out and getting actual playing experience in the Championship, it has given them a huge boost towards the first team

There is only so much players can learn from sitting and watching other players in training, especially when the only actual game time they could end up getting is probably a few cup games and turning out for the under 23s

Championship isn't all about "roughhouse" football, some of our best players have come through the league system, you even mention Maddison who we only picked up after showing off his technical abilities in the Championship

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I think the difference is we were down to the bare bones and absolutely desperate so Thomas was chucked in at the deep end and has seen plenty of game time as a result… Sowah on the other hand as desperate as we all are for a RW still looks like he’ll be behind Perez and Albrighton in the pecking order then if we do sign another RW he gets even lower down the list! For me first team competitive football at a decent standard is essential for these young lads in growing and in turn progressing as professionals, look at Barnes, KDH and Chilwell… for me if they just hung around playing U23s football and training with the first team they never would’ve progressed as quickly as they did/have

If He was 19, I'd say a loan is the easy descision...

Its just me & my opinion, But forgetting where Brendan has been quoted....

At 21 with potential...Why Not try him out,give the lad a Chance now...Sometimes its worth taking a chance, over a 3 game spread.

Any loan thoughts, can still be realised, After either calculated starts, or as cameos...

He would have Ricardo behind him, Plus experienced players around him....The Real Top teams do introduce their young players to give them that

early chance, it livens up the squad,gets all players thinking...

Sometimes its the quieter, path career player, who when given the chance, has more to offer, and enhances & deepens the aurora around squad & manager..

To up the depth of the squad isnt such a bad idea...

If we find it difficult/ fail  to Close out anymore Incoming  transfers...Why Not Sowah..

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If He was 19, I'd say a loan is the easy descision...

Its just me & my opinion, But forgetting where Brendan has been quoted....

At 21 with potential...Why Not try him out,give the lad a Chance now...Sometimes its worth taking a chance, over a 3 game spread.

Any loan thoughts, can still be realised, After either calculated starts, or as cameos...

He would have Ricardo behind him, Plus experienced players around him....The Real Top teams do introduce their young players to give them that

early chance, it livens up the squad,gets all players thinking...

Sometimes its the quieter, path career player, who when given the chance, has more to offer, and enhances & deepens the aurora around squad & manager..

To up the depth of the squad isnt such a bad idea...

If we find it difficult/ fail  to Close out anymore Incoming  transfers...Why Not Sowah..

I personally would’ve chucked him in and gave him a chance to seen how he got on, Brendan doesn’t seem quite so willing so I’m guessing he simply thinks he’s not ready… I guess we’ll know his thinking soon