Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

I always tend to do an 'obvious' save first time round to get used to all the new features.

Has anyone tried Newcastle out yet? I'd be interested to compare signings.

Sorry I know it's not quite hip enough for this thread but wanted to give them a go at least once lol 

Turns out i've tried to sign way too many U21 players so had about 4 signings cancelled... will have to try for them next year lol 

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I always tend to do an 'obvious' save first time round to get used to all the new features.

Sorry I know it's not quite hip enough for this thread but wanted to give them a go at least once lol 

Turns out i've tried to sign way too many U21 players so had about 4 signings cancelled... will have to try for them next year lol 

Went on a bit of mad one... £236m lol

image.png.528fe6d6046c08a471f5502901e84086.png

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

For my beta save, I did a season with Newcastle. I basically used the £200,000,000 budget and signed:

Ruben De Vezo

Sergio Dest

Renato Sanchez

Oscár

Raphinia (an absolute baller)

Alexander Isak

I finished 7th in the end with 60 points. The final day ended with us and Norwich battling it out for 6th lol. Arsenal also won the league and we finish 15th with Rodgers getting sacked! 

The high point was beating United 3-1 at St James’ but the low point was undoubtedly getting knocked out to Newport in the FA Cup. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's no way Lautaro Martinez goes to Newcastle. What have they done to their reputation on the database to make that happen? 

You can get Alphonso Davies & Lautaro Martinez, but Anthony Martial seems to be impossible. I think it's probably more of an issue with some of the players than with how Newcastle have been set up. I don't think a huge amount of the potential signings are that implausible, but there's definitely three or four players who can be convinced that shouldn't be in the first window.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Went on a bit of mad one... £236m lol

image.png.528fe6d6046c08a471f5502901e84086.png

32 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

1634854265_NewcastleTransfers.thumb.PNG.5e9da75ffa655e8ca8604dafc0094639.PNG

These were mine.

Nice! Deffo some crossover but i've got quite a few differences too.

First season i've decided to go younger and prioritise defence, midfield and attack rather than chuck £30m at a GK when Dubravka isn't out for that long. Will say this is my second go as I really wasn't happy with the way I'd done it first time round!

Also focussed on last year of contract to be able to get as many in as possible first season.

On top of the list below i've got Draxler coming on loan because ASM just got a 4 month spine injury!!

Oh and yes.... i've loaded in some mental add ons because my assumption was we are mega rich and i'd rather spread the cost lol 

1241204017_Screenshot2021-11-04at14_18_25.thumb.png.15a13e8da4e139ad928f496e1f90611c.png

832947262_Screenshot2021-11-04at14_18_41.thumb.png.7f075648e8e298777e5ccd61bc9f2548.png

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Nice! Deffo some crossover but i've got quite a few differences too.

First season i've decided to go younger and prioritise defence, midfield and attack rather than chuck £30m at a GK when Dubravka isn't out for that long. Will say this is my second go as I really wasn't happy with the way I'd done it first time round!

Also focussed on last year of contract to be able to get as many in as possible first season.

On top of the list below i've got Draxler coming on loan because ASM just got a 4 month spine injury!!

Oh and yes.... i've loaded in some mental add ons because my assumption was we are mega rich and i'd rather spread the cost lol 

1241204017_Screenshot2021-11-04at14_18_25.thumb.png.15a13e8da4e139ad928f496e1f90611c.png

832947262_Screenshot2021-11-04at14_18_41.thumb.png.7f075648e8e298777e5ccd61bc9f2548.png

Vast majority of my signings were small upfront fees with most of the cost over installments - It is about £117m still to be paid out!

Still got £40m transfer budget, £200k in wages, and another player joining in January for £18m lol

Onana for £18m is a bargain, can't play until November but Dubravka, Darlow, and Woodman good enough until then

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

You can get Alphonso Davies & Lautaro Martinez, but Anthony Martial seems to be impossible. I think it's probably more of an issue with some of the players than with how Newcastle have been set up. I don't think a huge amount of the potential signings are that implausible, but there's definitely three or four players who can be convinced that shouldn't be in the first window.

So, I don't know how much you've ever played about with the editor but essentially every competition and every club within it has a reputation. There's also some influence, I think, from your own reputation as a manager (so more if you start as an ex international, less if you start with no prior experience.) 

A player's likelihood to want to join you is primarily calculated by the reputation of your club and the league its in versus that of his current club and/or versus his OWN reputation and how likely it is that bigger clubs than you would buy him. 

So, for example, Karim Benzema should have no interest in going to Copenhagen because Real are more famous than FCK and La Liga is more famous than the Danish league. 

But equally, a wonderkid with a high reputation at, say, Hansa Rostock, might still not be interested in a move to Burnley if his reputation is already high enough that he expects to be bought by Bayern or Juve or someone. 

There's other factors, a player's professionalism, his loyalty (both hidden stats), whether his current club is a favoured club, his career goals, his current wages, the average wage at your club, whether you're in continental competition (quite a big one), whether his current club is, etc. 

But the basis of it is just simple reputation vs reputation. 

The only way Lautaro Martinez has any interest in going to Newcastle, even if you started as a former world class international, is if they've significantly boosted Newcastle's reputation beyond belief. 

I mean them signing Martinez now would be like Man City signing Aguero from day one, long before Adebayor, Robinho, Jo and Co. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So, I don't know how much you've ever played about with the editor but essentially every competition and every club within it has a reputation. There's also some influence, I think, from your own reputation as a manager (so more if you start as an ex international, less if you start with no prior experience.) 

A player's likelihood to want to join you is primarily calculated by the reputation of your club and the league its in versus that of his current club and/or versus his OWN reputation and how likely it is that bigger clubs than you would buy him. 

So, for example, Karim Benzema should have no interest in going to Copenhagen because Real are more famous than FCK and La Liga is more famous than the Danish league. 

But equally, a wonderkid with a high reputation at, say, Hansa Rostock, might still not be interested in a move to Burnley if his reputation is already high enough that he expects to be bought by Bayern or Juve or someone. 

There's other factors, a player's professionalism, his loyalty (both hidden stats), whether his current club is a favoured club, his career goals, his current wages, the average wage at your club, whether you're in continental competition (quite a big one), whether his current club is, etc. 

But the basis of it is just simple reputation vs reputation. 

The only way Lautaro Martinez has any interest in going to Newcastle, even if you started as a former world class international, is if they've significantly boosted Newcastle's reputation beyond belief. 

I mean them signing Martinez now would be like Man City signing Aguero from day one, long before Adebayor, Robinho, Jo and Co. 

Yeah all I was saying is, I think it's likely as much an issue with Martinez's reputation or there's some financial factor influencing Martinez/Davies and a few other players. Don't think the 22 editor is out yet but as far as I can tell Newcastle's reputation is about where you'd expect it, lower than ours and roughly on a par with Leeds, Southampton, West Ham etc. (I am playing with the highest badges & rep too)

42 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Yeah all I was saying is, I think it's likely as much an issue with Martinez's reputation or there's some financial factor influencing Martinez/Davies and a few other players. Don't think the 22 editor is out yet but as far as I can tell Newcastle's reputation is about where you'd expect it, lower than ours and roughly on a par with Leeds, Southampton, West Ham etc. (I am playing with the highest badges & rep too)

I'd agree.

Whilst those two players might be an exception (perhaps because of their age?) It's impossible to sign people like Haaland or Gosens even with bids accepted. So i'd say level seems about right. Same goes for getting staff in too, job adverts produce fairly average responses and those in jobs that you approach give you a flat no.

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd agree.

Whilst those two players might be an exception (perhaps because of their age?) It's impossible to sign people like Haaland or Gosens even with bids accepted. So i'd say level seems about right. Same goes for getting staff in too, job adverts produce fairly average responses and those in jobs that you approach give you a flat no.

Just regarding staff, I have noticed this year there seems to be an absolute load of unreal regen staff that you can get in as coaches / assistant managers, all usually with the preferred staff role of HOYD as well

image.thumb.png.7e115eaf805cb2541279527b13c4d35f.png

image.thumb.png.8a9e686ffb1c9b6fd06a5734dd8042bb.png

image.thumb.png.1d2918a50ab9e5f07facdb284717ac8f.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd agree.

Oh I've had no real trouble with staff, can't get perfect coaching in everything but 4.5 in everything and a very good scouting team seems easy enough.

Soucek is an absolute god on CM Attack. Just got a hattrick off the bench (fitness) against Everton in a 4-0 win and has 8 goals in 8 starts and 1 sub appearance for me so far.

• Like 1

Tactics Chat...

Anyone else struggling with Vertical Tiki Taka so far this season? It's been so bad on the saves I've tried it on so far that I've actually had to go standard Tiki Taka and adapt to make it a bit more in line with getting the ball forward quickly.

Obviously I tweak the pre set a fair bit, but I've done that the last few years and still had success with a 'personalised' vertical tiki taka.

Main issue is goals, was barely scoring a thing with Vertical and switched to the standard and can't stop scoring! 

Was wondering whether anyone else was having same issues?

20 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Oh I've had no real trouble with staff, can't get perfect coaching in everything but 4.5 in everything and a very good scouting team seems easy enough.

Have you gone hunting for staff or relied on applications?

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have you gone hunting for staff or relied on applications?

Oh I've gone hunting. It's well worth doing. You're looking for good stats in Level of Discipline, Determination, Motivation and then the two stats you need for each coaching department. The first three are every bit as important as their stats in the specific area you want them training.

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does he score a lot of headers attacking the ball from deep? Or is he good at shooting from the edge of area and finishing chances with his feet too? 

All of the above. I've got look for overlaps turned on and a slow temp to encourage us to take our time getting the ball out wide to fullbacks so that he is in the box when the cross comes in, but he's also scoring a ton of long range strikes and pull backs from wingers. He's shooting a lot, 50 more shots than Lautaro Martinez so far, he's outperforming his xG 19 goals vs. 11xg so he's been clinical but as you can see below it's been less about him being clinical and more about him taking a lot of shots. Struggling to find a breakdown of how many of each type he's scored, I reckon a good 50-60% will be headers. No penalties.

1032459431_SoucekMidfieldScatter.PNG.8412e9113d404659c98eeaf1b597c440.PNG

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 15:48, Mark_w said:

Soucek is an absolute god on CM Attack. Just got a hattrick off the bench (fitness) against Everton in a 4-0 win and has 8 goals in 8 starts and 1 sub appearance for me so far.

Just completed a hattrick at Goodison to put us 5-0 up in the away game. Man he's good/Everton are shit.

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Nice to see the regen faces still absolutely pong. Never change, SI. 

First thing I used to do when getting a new FM was to turn that shit off. 

They hired a lady who's made some really cool renders for regens https://twitter.com/chilled_moose?lang=en

So hopefully there'll be some progress on them. Zealand's AI Generated Realistic Faces pack is pretty good if you want an alternative to just switching it off.

• Like 1