Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

7 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is my main issue with the game tbh. Maybe I set my team up wrong but traditional ‘big six clubs’ are always so overpowered. Last year I had a Leicester save and had an unreal squad and would win five games in a row, play against a struggling Man City side and get battered 5-0. 

If you're consistently losing to the same teams by big scores, you probably need to do some tactical self reflection tbh 

On 25/10/2021 at 20:59, Walkers said:

The Greek Second Division awaits.

Anagennisi Karditsa - very much a Trayal Krusevac story having just been promoted to that level and playing in yellow and black. Might aim for a mid-table Super League side before going on to manage one of the bigger guys, ideally Panathinaikos.

1024px-Karditsa_Stadium.jpg

Well this has gone tits up. Had a solid pre-season winning 4/5 and conceding 1 goal. Won a Greek Cup 3rd round match against a fellow promoted side in the south division on the eve of the new season to then find out that a mininum of 10 players in the matchday squad of 20 has to be trained by the club between 15-21yo. I have 3 players. Best I can do putting together a matchday squad is a solid starting line up except with 1 "fake" player, and the bench consisting of 9 fake players.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Well this has gone tits up. Had a solid pre-season winning 4/5 and conceding 1 goal. Won a Greek Cup 3rd round match against a fellow promoted side in the south division on the eve of the new season to then find out that a mininum of 10 players in the matchday squad of 20 has to be trained by the club between 15-21yo. I have 3 players. Best I can do putting together a matchday squad is a solid starting line up except with 1 "fake" player, and the bench consisting of 9 fake players.

Wouldn't be surprised if you find that other clubs in the league will either play kids or fake players as well, I had a similar thing with Palermo and the weird rules they had regarding age of players in the match day squad, had teams starting 16 year old keepers in centre mid

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 19:58, Walkers said:

Decent start to the season with that in mind, won my first three games before sneaking an undeserved draw away against the mighty Xanthi to top the table after four games. Knocked out of the Greek Cup 4th round by Panathinaikos. League format seems fairly straight forward - two leagues (north/south), play each other twice, the league winners play each other in a play off for promotion, the loser then plays a play off with the 2nd bottom team in the Super League. Really have had my hands tied behind my back with this one as from what I understand, there is a 13k wage cap in this league and I walked in to the team with it already being 13.6k, so not only can I not sign players but I don't seem to be allowed to loan players either, evne when i'm paying 0% wages. Managed to secure AEK Athens as my parent club but am unable to make use of it.

17 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Decent start to the season with that in mind, won my first three games before sneaking an undeserved draw away against the mighty Xanthi to top the table after four games. Knocked out of the Greek Cup 4th round by Panathinaikos. League format seems fairly straight forward - two leagues (north/south), play each other twice, the league winners play each other in a play off for promotion, the loser then plays a play off with the 2nd bottom team in the Super League. Really have had my hands tied behind my back with this one as from what I understand, there is a 13k wage cap in this league and I walked in to the team with it already being 13.6k, so not only can I not sign players but I don't seem to be allowed to loan players either, evne when i'm paying 0% wages. Managed to secure AEK Athens as my parent club but am unable to make use of it.

Sounds ridiculous 

I never buy this anymore because its just broken from the start 

10 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Sounds ridiculous 

I never buy this anymore because its just broken from the start 

Not ridiculous at all?

The league wage cap is real, and the wages probably aren’t far off.

The actual league hasn’t even started yet so for all we know they could still be trying to get rid of players to get under the wage cap

This is also still BETA and the game data for the full game was only locked in the other day

It isn’t broken from the start, I never really have any issues once the full game is out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Not ridiculous at all?

The actual league hasn’t even started yet so for all we know they could still be trying to get rid of players to get under the wage cap

This is also still BETA and the game data for the full game was only locked in the other day

It isn’t broken from the start, I never really have any issues once the full game is out

yeah I've never had any major issues. Some of the little glitches are more funny than game breaking.

I keep getting Vards demanding a new contract even though he's 37 - he wants another 3 years at 200K a week! But I can't turn him down can i?

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not ridiculous at all?

Not the post I repli4ed to but teams playing 16 yo goalkeepers in midfield. I don't think that actually happens in that league for real. 

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not the post I repli4ed to but teams playing 16 yo goalkeepers in midfield. I don't think that actually happens in that league for real. 

I think that was actually on a custom database to be fair as it was in the Italian 4th tier which isn’t in the base game

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not ridiculous at all?

Bit confused as to if we're talking about my game or yours judging by the recent replies 😂 but we are a recently promoted team, I assumed maybe we are exempt from it but comes at the price of not being able to sign players, not that I had any official message about it

It is a bitch though as the greyed out players are basically all defenders, the furthest forward player is a RM which is annoying as I play with a RAM/LAM

On 31/10/2021 at 22:16, Walkers said:

Got lucky here. Was top after 10 games and had a fairly decent cushion to 4th place given the stage of the season. Then members of my so called 2nd XI started kicking off they weren't getting games and suddenly I couldn't buy a point. Slipped down to 6th after 4 or 5 games without a win and applied for the Atromitos job who are a mid-table side struggling in the top division. Didn't expect to even get an interview but I ended up getting the job. 12th in the 14 team league at the turn of the year with a decent buffer to the two sides occupying the relegation spots below me. So i'm already on the 2nd of my 3 steps to the "top", way earlier than I expected or probably really deserved, but I don't know how much longer I could have managed with the bollocks rules regarding youth. FWIW @moore_94 you were correct with other teams struggling, I only picked up on it after half a dozen games or so but oppositions were only naming 1 player on their bench. Managed in enough lower divisons in Europe to know rules regarding youth players are quite strict but nothing quite on that level.

I know it's a bit complex for FM to be able to fix but I wish players would understand that the league rules are shite and its solely those rules alone that are preventing a good number of players getting any minutes whatsoever. Shame because I felt the squad I had was decent. It's like when I managed in Sweden/Norway and I was signing players in the off season in January, but I was only able to register 3 new players for my European squad which resulted in a few players missing out and prompty kicking off at me.

• Like 2