Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

hard work keeping my squad happy!

Tielemens got the arse because I promised I'd strengthen up front - I brought in one player but that wasn't good enough.

Then he got the hump because he wanted to take the penalties.

Then when his mate Denis Praet comes back from loan and demands a new 140k a week deal and I refuse, Tielemens things have treated him unfairly and gets the arse again!

On 23/10/2021 at 19:27, stripeyfox said:

hard work keeping my squad happy!

Tielemens got the arse because I promised I'd strengthen up front - I brought in one player but that wasn't good enough.

Then he got the hump because he wanted to take the penalties.

Then when his mate Denis Praet comes back from loan and demands a new 140k a week deal and I refuse, Tielemens things have treated him unfairly and gets the arse again!

There's a LOT of bugs with promises... only bugs i've spotted so far though so at least it's all in one place.

I signed three players (all midfielders) who wanted the midfield strengthened, and every time I signed anyone in any position it said they were delighted lol 

Funniest bit is they're all each others fulfillment of the actual promise!

Man scored 27 league goals in 28 games last year and he's still got 14 finishing and 13 composure. lol

For context:

Liam+Delap+FM22.png

Kid has scored two professional goals. 

This game is increasingly going the way of FIFA. I swear every year the ratings for players at the "big six" get sillier. Mason Greenwood and Curtis Jones equally ridiculous. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

The Greek Second Division awaits.

Anagennisi Karditsa - very much a Trayal Krusevac story having just been promoted to that level and playing in yellow and black. Might aim for a mid-table Super League side before going on to manage one of the bigger guys, ideally Panathinaikos.

1024px-Karditsa_Stadium.jpg

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Man scored 27 league goals in 28 games last year and he's still got 14 finishing and 13 composure. lol

For context:

Liam+Delap+FM22.png

This game is increasingly going the way of FIFA. I swear every year the ratings for players at the "big six" get sillier. Mason Greenwood and Curtis Jones equally ridiculous. 

As you will undoubtedly know Daka's ratings will be bound by the fact he's come from the Austrian league - I haven't touched his subjective stats since he signed. He is a perfectly good Premier League striker in the game and has some excellent potential too. You are not going to notice the difference between 14 and 15 finishing.

I have mentioned before that CA constraints by club are no longer arbitrarily plucked from thin air (it was more complicated than that, but there was no mathematical substance behind it). We now use a system reliant on betting odds for each team, which present a really decent balance between teams.

It's absolutely no use to just have a moan that 'X player is not as good as he should be' and 'Y player is far too good'. Jones and Greenwood are playing regularly for Champions League football clubs at the top end of the Premier League - if they were rated as bang average mid-table players, the AI of both teams would sell them and that would be an obvious bug. Daka is sat on our bench and deputising for two players with very good CAs and attributes in the game.

1 hour ago, tomfmlcfc said:

We now use a system reliant on betting odds for each team, which present a really decent balance between teams.

It's absolutely no use to just have a moan that 'X player is not as good as he should be' and 'Y player is far too good'. Jones and Greenwood are playing regularly for Champions League football clubs at the top end of the Premier League

You realise that's essentially admitting that players are rated by how "big" their team is and not on their actual individual merits? 

I'm not having a pop at you as a person, you're exceptionally defensive about this but I don't actually particularly want an argument. I'm sympathetic regards Daka especially because he's new to the club and I'd expect you to rely heavily on his previous ratings. 

But it's indefensible that a game that strives to be the most realistic football sim on the market has Liam fvcking Delap on par with Patson Daka purely because Delap plays for a club in the latter stages of the champions league that gets allocated more points because of "betting odds." 

Again, not your fault, you didn't design the game or its rating system. But you're literally describing exactly the sort of pandering that I've got a problem with but at the same time telling me not to moan about it? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tomfmlcfc said:

As you will undoubtedly know Daka's ratings will be bound by the fact he's come from the Austrian league - I haven't touched his subjective stats since he signed. He is a perfectly good Premier League striker in the game and has some excellent potential too. You are not going to notice the difference between 14 and 15 finishing.

I have mentioned before that CA constraints by club are no longer arbitrarily plucked from thin air (it was more complicated than that, but there was no mathematical substance behind it). We now use a system reliant on betting odds for each team, which present a really decent balance between teams.

It's absolutely no use to just have a moan that 'X player is not as good as he should be' and 'Y player is far too good'. Jones and Greenwood are playing regularly for Champions League football clubs at the top end of the Premier League - if they were rated as bang average mid-table players, the AI of both teams would sell them and that would be an obvious bug. Daka is sat on our bench and deputising for two players with very good CAs and attributes in the game.

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not having a pop at you as a person, you're exceptionally defensive about this but I don't actually particularly want an argument.

Just going to jump in to back @Finnegan up here as it's been bugging me for a while now too how defensive Tom is.

I can completely understand you putting together a strong argument as to why things happen the way they do (especially if it's out of your control) and we obviously really appreciate having insight into the game on this forum.

Problem is we're also fortunate enough to have @Ricey on here and the difference in the way in which he responds to UX errors/criticisms Vs the spikiness you've provided since joining is night and day.

You're representing SI at the end of the day and this is a brilliant platform for you to gain feedback for current and future games. Take it onboard, provide strong arguments for sure, but maybe just keep an eye on the way some of your responses come across :)

The beauty of FM is that it changes every year depending on what's been happening in the real world, Liam Delap will probably go on to be a star, but at the end of the day he's had another season as a reserve player (not even out on loan!) so questioning why he currently has the same stats as Daka is absolutely valid.

• Like 1

End of the day you're talking about someone with shot conversion stats that are mind blowing but has been given the finishing score of a top half Championship striker. 

Daka's numbers at Salzburg were comparable to Haaland's and in the limited playing time he's had here so far, he's scored 5 goals in fewer minutes than I'm sure it took Haaland to at BVB.

I'm not suggesting he should have the same rating as Haaland, that's obviously madness. But to have not been upgraded at all after last season is also bonkers. So is the implication that he can't really be upgraded because the Austrian league isn't strong enough for those goals to count. 

And it frustrates me no end that volunteer researchers like Tom have such limited wiggle room to play with because Daka's pace and two footedness take so much out of his CA that there's not enough ratings left to make him a better finisher without one of the senior editors telling him that makes Patson too high rated. 

It's just daft. 

Again, to iterate, my problem isn't Tom, it's the outdated system from SI that he's been asked to work within and the the way it's inherently biased towards the big clubs. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You realise that's essentially admitting that players are rated by how "big" their team is and not on their actual individual merits? 

I'm not having a pop at you as a person, you're exceptionally defensive about this but I don't actually particularly want an argument. I'm sympathetic regards Daka especially because he's new to the club and I'd expect you to rely heavily on his previous ratings. 

But it's indefensible that a game that strives to be the most realistic football sim on the market has Liam fvcking Delap on par with Patson Daka purely because Delap plays for a club in the latter stages of the champions league that gets allocated more points because of "betting odds." 

Again, not your fault, you didn't design the game or its rating system. But you're literally describing exactly the sort of pandering that I've got a problem with but at the same time telling me not to moan about it? 

I think you're completely misjudging my tone - apologies if you think I'm being defensive. I'm not taking any of this personally, I love a good debate.

Delap isn't on par with Daka by CA, and by some distance too. 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just going to jump in to back @Finnegan up here as it's been bugging me for a while now too how defensive Tom is.

I can completely understand you putting together a strong argument as to why things happen the way they do (especially if it's out of your control) and we obviously really appreciate having insight into the game on this forum.

Problem is we're also fortunate enough to have @Ricey on here and the difference in the way in which he responds to UX errors/criticisms Vs the spikiness you've provided since joining is night and day.

You're representing SI at the end of the day and this is a brilliant platform for you to gain feedback for current and future games. Take it onboard, provide strong arguments for sure, but maybe just keep an eye on the way some of your responses come across :)

The beauty of FM is that it changes every year depending on what's been happening in the real world, Liam Delap will probably go on to be a star, but at the end of the day he's had another season as a reserve player (not even out on loan!) so questioning why he currently has the same stats as Daka is absolutely valid.

Spikiness? Do point me to where I was at all spiky, please.

I joined because people on here gave me such abuse that I was apparently 'on smack' and that I don't watch us play. I have been remarkably tame in comparison, I think.

I really disagree we pander to the big clubs - we are very, very good on this year's game, for example. Ultimately Arsenal, Spurs and Man United should be pretty strong because on paper they have lots of talented players.

I probably could've worded things a bit better to make myself not look so defensive, but ultimately as you say all I want is constructive criticism, that's how we can get the best data possible. 

Edited by tomfmlcfc
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 18:21, Finnegan said:

For context:

Liam+Delap+FM22.png

This is my main issue with the game tbh. Maybe I set my team up wrong but traditional ‘big six clubs’ are always so overpowered. Last year I had a Leicester save and had an unreal squad and would win five games in a row, play against a struggling Man City side and get battered 5-0.