Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Just now, AjcW said:

I often have this dilema, but given it's basically hard coded into the game this year that he leaves for Newcastle immediately I got over it lol 

One thing I did before I started any saves was moved Howe to Newcastle (Conte to Spurs, and sacked Smith and Farke as well)

Just to keep him at us a bit longer lol

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Decent 1st game back after the 3 month winter break against fellow strugglers Akron

We may have slightly outperformed our xG for this game though...

image.png.9a2216b3e15339cc262bc2eacedb5d73.png    

What sort of chances are you creating to have 26 attempts, 16 on target but an xG of only 1.88?

You got everyone shooting on sight?!

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I often have this dilema, but given it's basically hard coded into the game this year that he leaves for Newcastle immediately I got over it lol 

my first attempt i started unemployed with proper badges and waited for him to leave. but he didnt ,newcastle signed some random spaniard and i was forced to take the job by force. and playing a charity shield match i didnt earn just felt wrong. the narrative must make sense for me in fm for whatever reason, i wasnt comfortable from the start, i was even picking ayoze on the wing regularly, like some sort of homage to the guy. im far happier in nowhere ville hoping to one day snag the leicester job when everyone has left.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

One thing I did before I started any saves was moved Howe to Newcastle (Conte to Spurs, and sacked Smith and Farke as well)

Just to keep him at us a bit longer lol

tbh, I'm obviously playing as Leicester and Newcastle went with Ten Hag anyway.

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Two things they've gotten rid of, unless I can't find them.

1. When you do a scout report you used to get your player's star rating compared with others in his position. Has this now been removed?

2. Director of football recommend signing.

Have they seriously removed both of these? Or am I missing them?

1. It is there on the Scouting Card, but only at larger resolutions. Same with the report overview, but it should be there by default in Report > Overview.

2. You can still get your DoF to recommended signings via Transfers > Director of Football > Suggest Transfer Targets

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

1. It is there on the Scouting Card, but only at larger resolutions. Same with the report overview, but it should be there by default in Report > Overview.

2. You can still get your DoF to recommended signings via Transfers > Director of Football > Suggest Transfer Targets

There seems to be a skinning issue with some information being hidden out of frame, for example staff attributes which look too far spaced. I assume that's a known issue? 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

What sort of chances are you creating to have 26 attempts, 16 on target but an xG of only 1.88?

I will take a look at the shot map when I get home from work but I know a lot of the shots and goals were outside of the box/edge of the box across a crowded area rather than like 1v1s

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

my first attempt i started unemployed with proper badges and waited for him to leave. but he didnt ,newcastle signed some random spaniard and i was forced to take the job by force. and playing a charity shield match i didnt earn just felt wrong. the narrative must make sense for me in fm for whatever reason, i wasnt comfortable from the start, i was even picking ayoze on the wing regularly, like some sort of homage to the guy. im far happier in nowhere ville hoping to one day snag the leicester job when everyone has left.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

tbh, I'm obviously playing as Leicester and Newcastle went with Ten Hag anyway.

Ahh, perhaps with the official release they've stopped the auto Rodgers as when beta was out he was the name mentioned but not for long after.

i got called into 2 meetings ,we rallied a bit but i tried to resign twice and they wouldnt let me. reloading a new database and im tempted to give druids another attempt, but i have loaded a couple of extra leagues just see whats out there. Pentagon V2 starting in record time.

Started with Leicester - just to get used to the game. Quite enjoying it so far, sat in 4th after ten games. Vardy is ridiculous again, Tielemans and Fofana too - really happy to see Justin and Barnes get an upgrade on there also. 

Europa League has also been enjoyable. Got a rough group: Real Sociedad, Leverkusen and Brondby. Sat in second with one game to go, if I beat Sociedad then I’ll top it. 

Highlights of the season currently involve a three goal comeback away at Leverkusen inspired by Ricardo Pereria and a win away at Chelsea in the league cup. Think I’ll do a long-term save soon, tempted to load so many leagues and start unemployed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've had a couple of games like this already. Obviously haven't scored 9 but I've already had some slightly weird stats. I played a team called DUX Inter away, beat them 0-4 with them having 10 men, I had about 30% of the ball, hardly conceded a shot, had a pretty pathetically low xG myself from loads of shots but still scored 4. I mean I'll take the result but it's hard to make any proper analysis and it's already happened 2/3 times in just 7 games.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Below is the shot map, the goals we scored had an xG of: 0.01, 0.03, 0.25, 0.16, 0.02, 0.17, 0.02, 0.05, 0.01

image.png.78cabad4b3fc4589845893fbd56e0ef7.png

Edited by moore_94

Finished my 1st season with Leicester, very happy with 3rd in the league, lost in the 3rd round of league cup and 5th round of FA cup both to Southampton and lost in the last 16 of the Europa league to Villarreal.

I left Rudkin in charge of transfers and he wasted £7m on Lotomba a RB who was worse than Ricardo, Castagne and Justin. He also signed Martial on loan who was pretty poor.

English Premier Division_ Profile.png

Leicester City_ Best Eleven.png

• Like 2

An unbeaten 2nd part to the season with 34 goals and 10 wins in 12 games meant we had a massive surge up the table and for saying when I came in we were 8 points from safety, we ended the season 4 from the playoffs, 8 from automatic and only 12 from the title

Honestly I see no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for the title next season

Once those with ending contracts leave and along with next seasons budget we should have about £15k to spend on wages which in this league is more than enough to 5-10 good to really good players

image.thumb.png.92f8fa89806b4da7b90b05aef11fc56f.png

image.thumb.png.b77c026adfb25c6e4b45febcfb9798a5.png

Edited by moore_94

13 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Started with Leicester - just to get used to the game. Quite enjoying it so far, sat in 4th after ten games. Vardy is ridiculous again, Tielemans and Fofana too - really happy to see Justin and Barnes get an upgrade on there also. 

Europa League has also been enjoyable. Got a rough group: Real Sociedad, Leverkusen and Brondby. Sat in second with one game to go, if I beat Sociedad then I’ll top it. 

Highlights of the season currently involve a three goal comeback away at Leverkusen inspired by Ricardo Pereria and a win away at Chelsea in the league cup. Think I’ll do a long-term save soon, tempted to load so many leagues and start unemployed. 

Good to hear that Vardy is as good as ever. My Leicester save normally ends when Vardy drops off/retires, so would be good to get a couple of decent seasons out of him on - i normally do Leicester saves on older versions just to get more years out of Vardy!

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bought this yesterday, never realised there wasn't a touch version ffs. Turned a lot of the features off as I just want to blast through seasons, I haven't got time to sit there for 5 days doing 1 season. Started with Leicester, we'll see how we go, going with 433.

5 days. That's quick. 

• Haha 2

It's interesting how easy it is in the mobile version to through part exchanges in to make deals. 

It's harder to sell players by offering them out but I've made quite a few good deals by tossing in Choudhury, Vestegaard and Perez as sweetners. 

4 hours ago, turlo said:

Good to hear that Vardy is as good as ever. My Leicester save normally ends when Vardy drops off/retires, so would be good to get a couple of decent seasons out of him on - i normally do Leicester saves on older versions just to get more years out of Vardy!

Yeah he’s still ridiculously good. I reckon I’ll get two or three good seasons.

27 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah he’s still ridiculously good. I reckon I’ll get two or three good seasons.

I hate to break it to you but halfway through the first season he's down to like 13 pace. Physical attributes in FM tend to nosedive off a cliff quite quickly once they turn.

He's scored 18 goals in about 20 league games for me this year, he's started much in the second half of the season. So clearly he's still excellent but I don't think you'll get much more than season 1 out of him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Finished my 1st season with Leicester, very happy with 3rd in the league, lost in the 3rd round of league cup and 5th round of FA cup both to Southampton and lost in the last 16 of the Europa league to Villarreal.

I left Rudkin in charge of transfers and he wasted £7m on Lotomba a RB who was worse than Ricardo, Castagne and Justin. He also signed Martial on loan who was pretty poor.

English Premier Division_ Profile.png

Leicester City_ Best Eleven.png

What have they done to Albrighton?! Most assistd in the league, most apps in your team and highest rating? 🤔

Wrapped up season 1. I had to laugh, I thought it was going to go the way of Brendan Rodgers at first, I was having a chuckle about the realism of it all. Went storming off in to a clear lead in the table, was unbeaten until early December, Vardy was absolutely on fire. Then we had a wobble for injuries, the pressure of expectation started getting to the players, my form tanked and we dropped to fifth. I thought "wow, this is true to life." Haha.

But I then went full Claudio Ranieri and spent the second half of the season playing down any ambition, taking it "one game at a time", constantly telling the players that nothing was expected of them and they should enjoy playing with no pressure, etc, and it calmed everything back down. Clicked in to some nice form again just in team for the last few games of the season when Arsenal's form went off a cliff and we pulled away comfortably to secure CL football.

Sold Hamza, Barnes, Perez and Ward to fund Pedro Gonçalves, Gianluca Mancini and Karim Adeyemi in. Mancini the only one that makes my first choice 11. Didn't play Vestergaard for a minute, barely touched Bertrand, so they both asked for moves in January. Was lucky in that Newcastle wanted them both, got 15 for Vestergaard and honestly should have asked for more tbh. Was great timing because Ake asked for a transfer at Man City and I got him on deadline day for 17. 

Played a gegenpress 352 using Madders (alternating with Gonçalves) as an attacking mezzala as the focal point, he was rampant with 14 goals and 27 assists from 37 starts in all competitions. Daka (24 league, 37 all comps), Iheanacho (18 league, 31 all comps), Vardy (20 league, 24 all comps), and Adeyemi (8 league, 15 all comps) weighed in with the goals. Full disclosure, I increased Daka's finishing and composure to 16 in the pre-game editor because, I'm sorry, 14 is offensive. 

The FA Cup was, to be honest, a cake-walk. I got Cambridge United, Norwich, Fleetwood (in the fifth round!?!?), Chelsea reserves, Wolves and Southampton in the final. Europa League was a bit tougher, Lazio are decent in the game and I had to play Napoli four times (group and knock out) but Spartak and Braga in the other knock out rounds let me basically field the second string. 

Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans and Iheanacho have all signed new 5 year deals. Ricardo is holding out but I think I'm going to chance it and hope he agrees to sign once clubs stop wanting him after the summer window and before he's got 6 months left. Madders would only sign with an enforced release clause so I've told his agent to shove it but he's got 2 years so I should be fine as long as I get CL again next year.

Dilemma time now then, not sure whether to try and reinforce with the same 352 or dive in to the age-old Leicester problem of finding wingers. I played pretty much all of last year with a 433 utilising a similar mezza set up. I think that's probably my preference as it's more reliable breaking teams down which I'm going to need to claw the distance back to Liverpool.

Moukoko looks like he's interested so I might start by seeing how much Dortmund want for him, as he'll tick the box whatever I play. I typically tend to have one wide forward and one wide playmaker so I can retrain Madders or Goncalves to be on one "flank." We'll see.

Trophies.PNG

tactic.PNG

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

tactic.PNG

Cracking looking tactic that! 

The more I play the more i've been switching from 4-2-3-1 back to a 3 with wingbacks formation like yourself.

No matter who I sign or play in the usual IF or IW wing roles just seems absolute pants! 

Not sure if anyone else is having winger performance issues? It's an odd one for me as they're usually my big G/A threat!

Edited by AjcW