Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Spartak Moscow (A)

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cheers, I will answer ‘no’ too. I guessed the countries visited will be similar to the US ESTA, where you just mark the stamped countries down. Will check my passport and do this. 

Ps, how long did you all take at the Barbican centre to process the visa? 

30 minutes? There was one person in the queue in front of me and she took forever. My application was probably less than 10 minutes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Nearly two weeks to go and no statement to reassure those that want to travel 

They’ve confirmed they will be getting tickets for the match. I guess it’s not as straight forward to confirm details as they will be waiting on Spartak.

to be fair getting a ticket is the least of the concerns for this trip. I’ve travelled widely and filled out multiple visas, this one is the strangest one I’ve ever done, so many hoops to jump to get there 

I had an absolute nightmare day on Friday at that visa office trying to sort mine on about 4 hours sleep fresh from getting back from Warsaw.

Turned up with just my passport and had to get the passport photo, the invite letter and the application form (which is so complex it’s almost like they don’t want you to visit their country) done in the space of 3.5 hours moving round London.

Ended up slinging in an application that was the best I could do in the time I had - “name every country you’ve visited in the last 10 years and entry/exit dates” (seriously?!) - and hoping for the best. Will see what happens in the next few days when I get my passport back!

My advice to anyone going: take it seriously, do your prep beforehand and have as much sorted ahead of rocking up. You don’t get any help with the fast track other than your passport returned quicker than usual. Getting a hotel booked before the visa application and getting the invite letter was the hardest part.

There’s a place called The Russia House at 123 Borough High Street in London that got mine turned round in an hour from Moscow for £55, without me even having booked a hotel yet…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I had an absolute nightmare day on Friday at that visa office trying to sort mine on about 4 hours sleep fresh from getting back from Warsaw.

Turned up with just my passport and had to get the passport photo, the invite letter and the application form (which is so complex it’s almost like they don’t want you to visit their country) done in the space of 3.5 hours moving round London.

Ended up slinging in an application that was the best I could do in the time I had - “name every country you’ve visited in the last 10 years and entry/exit dates” (seriously?!) - and hoping for the best. Will see what happens in the next few days when I get my passport back!

My advice to anyone going: take it seriously, do your prep beforehand and have as much sorted ahead of rocking up. You don’t get any help with the fast track other than your passport returned quicker than usual. Getting a hotel booked before the visa application and getting the invite letter was the hardest part.

There’s a place called The Russia House at 123 Borough High Street in London that got mine turned round in an hour from Moscow for £55, without me even having booked a hotel yet…

Thanks. You mean Russia house got your visa application turned around and filled in for you in an hour? Or actually issued your visa within an hour? 

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thanks. You mean Russia house got your visa application turned around and filled in for you in an hour? Or actually issued your visa within an hour? 

You have to have either a letter from your booked hotel stamped and signed or one stamped and signed by an approved travel agent.

As I hadn’t booked a hotel and got that sorted I couldn’t provide that for the visa application which I needed to get done on Friday. So I had to use an approved travel agent (which The Russia House had access to in Moscow) and got that done in an hour. 

It’s a more expensive way to get to what you need for the visa application but I didn’t have much choice as I was in London and needed to get it done that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Haha I wouldn't have fancied that. I was stressing myself out and I gave myself two days in London to do it and had everything I needed sorted beforehand!

The club need to pull their finger out.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You have to have either a letter from your booked hotel stamped and signed or one stamped and signed by an approved travel agent.

As I hadn’t booked a hotel and got that sorted I couldn’t provide that for the visa application which I needed to get done on Friday. So I had to use an approved travel agent (which The Russia House had access to in Moscow) and got that done in an hour. 

It’s a more expensive way to get to what you need for the visa application but I didn’t have much choice as I was in London and needed to get it done that day.

Ah right understood. I’m waiting for my hotel to provide my stamped letter 

Guest Fox-66

Hi 

Contacted LCFC this morning regarding tickets for Moscow game.

Jim's reply "We are waiting to hear on Moscow. We have been speaking to them for three weeks now and they still haven’t given us an allocation of tickets or even a rough idea".

I then sent a DM via Twitter directly to Spartak Moscow asking... 'What's happening?

Their reply "Hello, at the minute there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the state of mass events over here. It's quite likely that our games for the next while will be held behind closed doors due to COVID. Once we have some more clarity, we will publish an official announcement through our channels. Thanks for your message. (See attached)

FC Spartak Moscow_Twitter.JPG

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Haha I wouldn't have fancied that. I was stressing myself out and I gave myself two days in London to do it and had everything I needed sorted beforehand!

The club need to pull their finger out.

Yeah the lady at the visa center wasn’t impressed. Started muttering under her breath in Russian and then “why nobody ever has forms before coming here?” as she chucked a list of required documents at me! 

I wouldn’t advise doing it the way I did. It was a stressful few hours and I’ve got a good chance of getting rejected I think. But I was tired and hungover so will just keep my fingers crossed…

3 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Hi 

Jim's reply "We are waiting to hear on Moscow. We have been speaking to them for three weeks now and they still haven’t given us an allocation of tickets or even a rough idea".

I then sent a DM via Twitter directly to Spartak Moscow asking... 'What's happening?

Their reply "Hello, at the minute there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the state of mass events over here. It's quite likely that our games for the next while will be held behind closed doors due to COVID. Once we have some more clarity, we will publish an official announcement through our channels. Thanks for your message. (See attached)

Oh wow. Well there’s a post a few of us didn’t want to see!

If that’s true then the club have shafted us by not telling people to hold off sorting visas and flights and by also telling others we’d be getting an allocation for all fixtures.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer

7 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Hi 

Tbf they’ve had stadium restrictions as low as 3k at certain points of the season 

Tried to find if other European clubs this year have taken fans to Moscow. Legia took a handful to Spartak. Malmö didn’t take the tickets to St Petersburg. No info about Marseille for Lokomotiv Moscow (albeit that was at time when Russia was still strict on entry requirements). 

• Like 1

My friend ran into someone in town who worked for the club getting her visa photos sorted for the trip. He didn’t press her too much but he did say she said ‘see you at the hotel for ticket collections’ - hopefully a good sign they expect an allocation? Or lcfc are exactly like my firm and don’t tell their employees anything until the last minute? It’s about all the info I can hang my hat on at the moment