Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Spartak Moscow (A)

On 20/09/2021 at 10:56, Stadt said:

No, apparently only a couple of operators are doing flights into Moscow atm

Give the club a call see if you can pinch a lift on their flight? 😉

can’t  see us taking many over to Moscow what with flights accommodations costs and visas to sort out, bit of a way to go just for one day as most can’t afford to take time off work for  a longer stay ?

I’d love to go but work is busy can’t get time off work all my annual leave is nearly all done but always wanted to visit  and the Moscow great historical city amazing Architecture & culture !

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cheers, I was actually thinking of doing it alone. Went to West Ham a few weeks ago, first ever thing I’ve done on my own in my life and I don’t know why I’ve never done it before! Admittedly Moscow is a bit different but I’ll make a decision once/if ticket info is announced. I’m glad you weren’t fazed by Copenhagen, the chant has some relevance then! 

4 hours ago, Eric Fox said:

I've really wanted to go to Russia for many years. I'm a bit frustrated by how difficult the visa process is.

I spoken to someone at the ticket office today who said there were no details on tickets yet but they would be going on sale as he told me the staff have already started the visa process.

I have applied for a visa today but takes 20 working days so it's a bit touch and go for the date of the game! It also costs £180. In 2017 Liverpool reimbursed their fans visa costs.. I wonder if City will do the same?

I am planning to go alone if I can get the visa sorted but I'm a little worried about this due to the reputation of the russian fans, if anyone going wanted to meet up on the day then I'd be up for that as I wouldn't fancy walking around alone on matchday!

Quite a few of us going to be in the same situation! As I said earlier in the thread, happy to organise some kind of meet up on the day of the game for solo City fans out there.

Another member on here has already messaged me to say where his group is staying which is really sound of him and I’m sure others will be happy to do the same!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite a few of us going to be in the same situation! As I said earlier in the thread, happy to organise some kind of meet up on the day of the game for solo City fans out there.

Another member on here has already messaged me to say where his group is staying which is really sound of him and I’m sure others will be happy to do the same!

That’s great, thanks a lot. Will definitely message if I do take the plunge and go 

6 hours ago, Eric Fox said:

I've really wanted to go to Russia for many years. I'm a bit frustrated by how difficult the visa process is.

I spoken to someone at the ticket office today who said there were no details on tickets yet but they would be going on sale as he told me the staff have already started the visa process.

I have applied for a visa today but takes 20 working days so it's a bit touch and go for the date of the game! It also costs £180. In 2017 Liverpool reimbursed their fans visa costs.. I wonder if City will do the same?

I am planning to go alone if I can get the visa sorted but I'm a little worried about this due to the reputation of the russian fans, if anyone going wanted to meet up on the day then I'd be up for that as I wouldn't fancy walking around alone on matchday!

It’d be nice if they could confirm to us, the fans, that there will definitely be tickets on sale. What with the tight schedule for the visa application, it’ll be only staff in the away end at this rate! :unsure:

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 16:20, moore_94 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sport Options put together a package, but they are usually day return trips so would depend if you are up for that or would prefer to stay over a few days if you do go

https://twitter.com/Sport_Options

Sounds like the visa's would be a pain anyway

I emailed them yesterday, but they say it's "very unlikely" that they'll organise a trip for this one. They pointed to the fact that VISA requirements were waived for the 2018 World Cup and the grand prix, but that approach hasn't been taken for European club matches historically. Looks a non-starter...

Just submitted my visa application. The website says the embassy is an option but I tried it and they sent me to the visa application centre near the Barbican. A heads up if anybody is going.

£184 for the application and the express postage back.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Just submitted my visa application. The website says the embassy is an option but I tried it and they sent me to the visa application centre near the Barbican. A heads up if anybody is going.

£184 for the application and the express postage back.

How long they need your passport for?

I’ve booked my flights for this. For anyone thinking about it the BA prices on the Tuesday flight had shot right up yesterday (to around £700 one way) so I booked a flight out on the Monday instead.

The Tuesday flight seems to be around the £400 mark now but the Monday one has started to rise. Might be worth keeping an eye on!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Just doing my visa for this now, definitely going after that show last night, may not have many more opportunities to watch city in Europe…

do you have to submit fingerprints at a Russian visa centre? There’s conflicting advice on this on the gov.uk website 

Yeah the visa centre near the Barbican takes your prints

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Just doing my visa for this now, definitely going after that show last night, may not have many more opportunities to watch city in Europe…

do you have to submit fingerprints at a Russian visa centre? There’s conflicting advice on this on the gov.uk website 

183 for express service. To apply you'll need to book accommodation and pay for a travel voucher. Tricky and time consuming but essentiall. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

183 for express service. To apply you'll need to book accommodation and pay for a travel voucher. Tricky and time consuming but essentiall. 

Thanks. Just getting through it now bit by bit. Digging out old passports and figuring out the countries I’ve been to in the last 10 years. It’s long winded… my office is near the visa centre in Barbican so I will complete it in person there 

ive booked a hotel, not flights yet 

24 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thanks. Just getting through it now bit by bit. Digging out old passports and figuring out the countries I’ve been to in the last 10 years. It’s long winded… my office is near the visa centre in Barbican so I will complete it in person there 

ive booked a hotel, not flights yet 

I put no for the old passport bit and it was fine, with the countries you've visited it's more about the places you've had your passport stamped.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I put no for the old passport bit and it was fine, with the countries you've visited it's more about the places you've had your passport stamped.

Cheers, I will answer ‘no’ too. I guessed the countries visited will be similar to the US ESTA, where you just mark the stamped countries down. Will check my passport and do this. 

Ps, how long did you all take at the Barbican centre to process the visa?