Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Spartak Moscow (A)

1 hour ago, SeanInRome said:

Thanks for the info mate! I will be heading down to Naples on Monday to check out some restaurants,speak to the police and look into some other logistics!

Also just bought a ticket for Roma/ Napoli 24th 😎

Your problem is not the police in Naples. You need to be speaking to LCFC mate - they’re the ones who make the decisions on tickets.

Hey :)
Spartak opened sales to the away section G221 (123 seats), see you tomorrow! 
At first I was desperate to buy a ticket to the away section (it was a long e-mail chatting with the LCFC support), I bought it for the nearest Spartak seats among the fox fans. Today I wrote to the technical support of Spartak with a request to allow me to change seats and they said that I can return the already purchased ones and buy new ones at the away section.

• Like 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10107783/Leicester-sell-just-25-TICKETS-Europa-League-group-stage-clash-Spartak-Moscow.html

Leicester City have only managed to sell 25 away tickets for Wednesday afternoon's Europa League group game with Spartak Moscow, according to the Russian Premier League club.

Brendan Rodgers and his team set off for the Russian capital on Tuesday morning after they were scheduled to play the group game at the unusual time of 3:30pm (UK time) on a Wednesday – a weekday typically scheduled for Champions League matches.

With the Covid situation rapidly changing in Russia, the Premier League side were only allocated a total of 675 tickets for the game but have only managed to flog a handful for the game.

According to the head of Spartak's press service, Dmitry Zelenov, there will be roughly 25 supporters in the away section for the game at the Otkritie Bank Arena stadium in Moscow. 

'About 25 people will support Leicester at the guest tribune,' Zelenov told  Championat.

Tickets for the game have been priced at £13 each but with a round-trip flight costing anywhere between £200 and £500 from London, with one leg of the journey lasting anywhere between six to 11 hours, Foxes supporters have opted against travelling for the game.

Tickets for Wednesday's clash have been on sale since last Thursday, with both teams set to play in front of a reduced capacity at the 45,000-seater stadium due to Russia's Covid regulations. 

Leicester confirmed on their website that all seats inside the stadium would be socially distanced with masks to be worn at all times as a result of the changing Covid situation in the country. 

Fans will need to provide a negative PCR Covid test – dated less than 72 hours before travel – and will be temperature-checked upon arrival in Moscow.

Travelling supporters from the UK are also no longer required to observe a 14-day quarantine period when arriving in Russia. 

The Foxes made their way to Russia on Tuesday with the squad still in high spirits following their brilliant 4-2 win over Manchester United at the weekend.

Ricardo Pereira and Timothy Castagne flashed smiles for the camera as they boarded their plane at East Midlands Airport in Nottignham while one of the weekend's goalscorers, Patson Daka, was also in a cheery mood.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Your problem is not the police in Naples. You need to be speaking to LCFC mate - they’re the ones who make the decisions on tickets.

The club will take advice from the police. 

Plus the police will have info on the wider operation and restrictions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yes that is true,however it’ll be the police who will decide on location of pickup. A nice safe location where the bus can stop outside is what I’ll be asking for so we don’t have to rush on the our time.

I will also get in touch with Jim from LCFC but right now I think both clubs are looking at games 3/4 and 5 before they make decisions on the final game day. 

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

But your problem is that the police won’t be expecting a ticket pick-up because, as you know, other British clubs do not do this. Police guidance will likely be to not do it and then it’s up to LCFC as to whether they follow through (as they are saying they will currently despite being made aware others have not).

If the club go through with it then every other ticket collection has just been the hotel where club staff are staying (regardless of how inconvenient that has been for supporters) so I wouldn’t expect much different in Naples.

What we’ve also seen for both Warsaw and Moscow is horrendous collaboration and communication. In Warsaw you had the best run police operation I’ve ever seen at a match (someone describing it as the police being two steps ahead on the plane home didn’t even come close) but no information on arrangements until the day of the game. I highly doubt Warsaw police cooked that plan up on the day of the game so why didn’t we hear about it until then? LCFC is the answer to that. 

Your problem here is that you won’t be dealing with a Liverpool or Man City who are used to European competition each year. You’re dealing with a club that has so far been an absolute disgrace in how they’ve communicated with their fans and not given ample notice to make any plans. Jim is a nice guy, and responsive, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking he has any power or real insight.

I really hope - and I say this as someone who did Warsaw and is currently in Moscow - the Napoli game being in December gives them ample time to get it right. But equally I’d hate to be in your shoes trying to plan any kind of logistics with the club in good time. Good luck!

Totally hear you mate! 2/3 here have also emailed Jim,passed on the message to me and you’re 100% right.Jim really wants to help out and make things easier for the fans but someone above is holding him back. Hopefully together we can work it out much sooner than later.

As for the polish police they are fantastic on match days and always have a fantastic set up with very few problems.

Tickets out on Thursday. Up to £500 for a possible 11-hour flight. Less than a week to book time off work. Three weeks after a trip to Poland and in the middle of a hectic schedule.

Brilliant effort from all those going.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tickets out on Thursday. Up to £500 for a possible 11-hour flight. Less than a week to book time off work. Three weeks after a trip to Poland and in the middle of a hectic schedule.

Brilliant effort from all those going.

You’ve forgotten the visa there too; which requires a day off work, £170 and your passport with the Russians for three days at a minimum 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’ve forgotten the visa there too; which requires a day off work, £170 and your passport with the Russians for three days at a minimum 

Yep. The struggles people go through to watch their team. I hope the commentary team are clued up and mention what the fans have had to do.

Potentially north of £750 for this trip with less than a week to prepare. Unbelievable.

10 hours ago, hachimitsu928 said:

Hey :)
Spartak opened sales to the away section G221 (123 seats), see you tomorrow! 
At first I was desperate to buy a ticket to the away section (it was a long e-mail chatting with the LCFC support), I bought it for the nearest Spartak seats among the fox fans. Today I wrote to the technical support of Spartak with a request to allow me to change seats and they said that I can return the already purchased ones and buy new ones at the away section.

Hi! Are you going to swap them over at the ticket office?

18 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10107783/Leicester-sell-just-25-TICKETS-Europa-League-group-stage-clash-Spartak-Moscow.html

Leicester City have only managed to sell 25 away tickets for Wednesday afternoon's Europa League group game with Spartak Moscow, according to the Russian Premier League club.

Brendan Rodgers and his team set off for the Russian capital on Tuesday morning after they were scheduled to play the group game at the unusual time of 3:30pm (UK time) on a Wednesday – a weekday typically scheduled for Champions League matches.

With the Covid situation rapidly changing in Russia, the Premier League side were only allocated a total of 675 tickets for the game but have only managed to flog a handful for the game.

According to the head of Spartak's press service, Dmitry Zelenov, there will be roughly 25 supporters in the away section for the game at the Otkritie Bank Arena stadium in Moscow. 

'About 25 people will support Leicester at the guest tribune,' Zelenov told  Championat.

Tickets for the game have been priced at £13 each but with a round-trip flight costing anywhere between £200 and £500 from London, with one leg of the journey lasting anywhere between six to 11 hours, Foxes supporters have opted against travelling for the game.

Tickets for Wednesday's clash have been on sale since last Thursday, with both teams set to play in front of a reduced capacity at the 45,000-seater stadium due to Russia's Covid regulations. 

Leicester confirmed on their website that all seats inside the stadium would be socially distanced with masks to be worn at all times as a result of the changing Covid situation in the country. 

Fans will need to provide a negative PCR Covid test – dated less than 72 hours before travel – and will be temperature-checked upon arrival in Moscow.

Travelling supporters from the UK are also no longer required to observe a 14-day quarantine period when arriving in Russia. 

The Foxes made their way to Russia on Tuesday with the squad still in high spirits following their brilliant 4-2 win over Manchester United at the weekend.

Ricardo Pereira and Timothy Castagne flashed smiles for the camera as they boarded their plane at East Midlands Airport in Nottignham while one of the weekend's goalscorers, Patson Daka, was also in a cheery mood.

Excusez moi?

• 1 year later...

Reading through my old threads to try and find something else, just read through all 8 pages. Hit by a pang of disappointment because we're not doing anything like this again for a long time.

• Sad 1