Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Spartak Moscow (A)

Would love have to gone but to really make it worth my while, would have to go for four to five days which I don’t have leave for. 

Once I sat down and worked out we are looking at region of £600 for getting there plus accommodation, was a no for me. Only possible way is if some travel company whack out a package and Russians show some visa exemptions 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would love have to gone but to really make it worth my while, would have to go for four to five days which I don’t have leave for. 

Once I sat down and worked out we are looking at region of £600 for getting there plus accommodation, was a no for me. Only possible way is if some travel company whack out a package and Russians show some visa exemptions 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sport Options put together a package, but they are usually day return trips so would depend if you are up for that or would prefer to stay over a few days if you do go

https://twitter.com/Sport_Options

Sounds like the visa's would be a pain anyway

Thinking I’ll probably try and make it.

Have got the annual leave and still feels like we have to make the most of having the option of these European tours! Sounding like it’ll be a bit of an “I was there” trip at the moment with all the hurdles to jump.

Would be nice if the club could get some information out soon given there’s a fair few logistics involved with this one.

If others, like me, are struggling to find anyone to go with but want to go then I’d be happy to arrange a meet up there and/or to look at booking the same hotels etc!

• Like 2

City fan here in Moscow, went spartak/Legia and Loko/Marseille last week and there were no away fans. But last night at Moscow derby was not asked for a qr code for the third time entering the stadium this season, which is a good sign.
As the city game is 17.30pm in Moscow ,  tickets will defo go general sale, so just use this link and Google translate to register for buying its easy done, if there is not an away allocation https://tickets.spartak.com

The ultras allocate their tickets so you can't end up there, so a stand will be most expensive (£50), then b stand (£20)and d stand behind  the other goal where I always go(£9) 
anyone needs any advice on taxis, staying etc message me, will do best to advice.

• Thanks 4

13 hours ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Sure for the f1 over there they scrapped this requirement for a visa for ticket holders might be a chance they do that,if so I'd probably try going as never done a European away game

The F1 is an event with many thousands of people travelling over, this will have a max of 200/300 so I can’t see that. I don’t think there is any precedent for them scrapping this for European matches.

On 20/09/2021 at 17:19, grobyfox1990 said:

I'm hopeful of going. Got holiday to use and never been to Moscow. Biggest problem will be convincing someone to come with me

Just go on your own. I did a couple of champions league ones on my own for similar reasons. Mainly people not being able to get tickets/get the time off work. I was dubious before Brugge but by the time I went to Copenhagen it didn't faze me at all. I'm definitely one for doing more cultural stuff on the trip though rather than getting pissed up for a few days (I'm not judging if that's your thing, we all enjoy different things). But if you are like me just have a few chilled days seeing Moscow and you'll have a great time, I'm lucky enough to of spent 12 days there during the World Cup and I didn't run out of cool things to see and do, it's an amazing city! Probably less relevant due to covid and the lack of travellers but I found staying in a hostel (I did this for Copenhagen but not Brugge mainly due to budget lol) is a great way to meet other solo travellers to spend time with and have a drink in the evenings etc. 

6 hours ago, Foxes99 said:

City fan here in Moscow, went spartak/Legia and Loko/Marseille last week and there were no away fans. But last night at Moscow derby was not asked for a qr code for the third time entering the stadium this season, which is a good sign.
As the city game is 17.30pm in Moscow ,  tickets will defo go general sale, so just use this link and Google translate to register for buying its easy done, if there is not an away allocation https://tickets.spartak.com

The ultras allocate their tickets so you can't end up there, so a stand will be most expensive (£50), then b stand (£20)and d stand behind  the other goal where I always go(£9) 
anyone needs any advice on taxis, staying etc message me, will do best to advice.

Foxes 99 I too am in Moscow. Spartak is 30 mins walk from my school. Maybe see you at the game or if you fancy catching a game on TV....

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Just go on your own. I did a couple of champions league ones on my own for similar reasons. Mainly people not being able to get tickets/get the time off work. I was dubious before Brugge but by the time I went to Copenhagen it didn't faze me at all. I'm definitely one for doing more cultural stuff on the trip though rather than getting pissed up for a few days (I'm not judging if that's your thing, we all enjoy different things). But if you are like me just have a few chilled days seeing Moscow and you'll have a great time, I'm lucky enough to of spent 12 days there during the World Cup and I didn't run out of cool things to see and do, it's an amazing city! Probably less relevant due to covid and the lack of travellers but I found staying in a hostel (I did this for Copenhagen but not Brugge mainly due to budget lol) is a great way to meet other solo travellers to spend time with and have a drink in the evenings etc. 

Cheers, I was actually thinking of doing it alone. Went to West Ham a few weeks ago, first ever thing I’ve done on my own in my life and I don’t know why I’ve never done it before! Admittedly Moscow is a bit different but I’ll make a decision once/if ticket info is announced. I’m glad you weren’t fazed by Copenhagen, the chant has some relevance then! 

• Like 1

I've really wanted to go to Russia for many years. I'm a bit frustrated by how difficult the visa process is.

I spoken to someone at the ticket office today who said there were no details on tickets yet but they would be going on sale as he told me the staff have already started the visa process.

I have applied for a visa today but takes 20 working days so it's a bit touch and go for the date of the game! It also costs £180. In 2017 Liverpool reimbursed their fans visa costs.. I wonder if City will do the same?

I am planning to go alone if I can get the visa sorted but I'm a little worried about this due to the reputation of the russian fans, if anyone going wanted to meet up on the day then I'd be up for that as I wouldn't fancy walking around alone on matchday!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Fox said:

I've really wanted to go to Russia for many years. I'm a bit frustrated by how difficult the visa process is.

I spoken to someone at the ticket office today who said there were no details on tickets yet but they would be going on sale as he told me the staff have already started the visa process.

I have applied for a visa today but takes 20 working days so it's a bit touch and go for the date of the game! It also costs £180. In 2017 Liverpool reimbursed their fans visa costs.. I wonder if City will do the same?

I am planning to go alone if I can get the visa sorted but I'm a little worried about this due to the reputation of the russian fans, if anyone going wanted to meet up on the day then I'd be up for that as I wouldn't fancy walking around alone on matchday!

Isn't there an express option?