Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Southampton (A) - Wednesday 1st December 7:30 KO

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Southampton on a Wednesday night on the lead up to Christmas, is this likely to make members?

I reckon so. Would be surprised if it doesn’t to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2021 at 00:10, shanetko said:

I reckon so. Would be surprised if it doesn’t to be honest.

Just About 1,500 tickets left for this. Members sale starts on Monday. This has to go on general sale really. I think we will do well to take 1,500 which is not a bad effort for a trip to Southampton midweek in December.

3 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

This is the sort of game that always appeals to me i.e Southampton's a nice little city, its a reasonable trip, good atmosphere, they generally have a pretty good team and play good football and if we play well there's a good chance we'll get something from the game. 

Me and the lad will be there 

Agree with all of this. Good overview. Plus the ground is walking distance from the town centre so that makes it more appealing. 

• Like 1

The trouble is, you can no longer trust the club to put tickets on General Sale.

In previous years, they would pretty much always give Members a couple of days selling, then go to General Sale

(there were odd occasions when it wouldn't go on General Sale - Chelsea was one example some years back).

In the 18 months or so, before the first lockdown - there were a couple of occasions where the club didn't seem to want tickets to go on General Sale.   They just left it at Members priority, even if we didn't actually sell out.      The cynic amongst us might say this was done to "promote" the benefits of having a Season Ticket or being a Member.

This season, it seems to have got a whole lot worse.  

Tickets went on General Sale for the pre-season friendlies at Wycombe and QPR, and also the Charity Shield v Man City.   But those were the last times - even though we were never going to sell out for West Ham or Millwall.     Also against Brighton and Crystal Palace, then just left it on Members Priority for weeks ... until the tickets slowly and eventually sold out.  

It's like they just don't want to put them on General Sale any more.  

I think there are 2 reasons for this ...

The first is one I already mentioned above, ie they want to keep on being able to say that you can only go to away matches if you are a Season Ticket holder or a Member - as a sort of selling point.

The other reason, is that they don't actually want "The Public" at their away matches.   This is bizarre - as "the public" are actually "Leicester City fans" who haven't been able to get STs or membership, or who can't afford it, or who live so far away - it's not worth it.     The club seem to want to keep it some sort of cosy little closed shop - only for the ST and members.    

Unfortunately the behaviour of some of our "Great Unwashed" at Wembley in the Charity Shield has got the club running scared, and given them the excuse to rarely put tickets on General Sale again.

Hopefully I'm wrong in all this, but I wouldn't bank on any away match going on general sale anymore.

Mind you, it's all pretty pathetic anyway.    Most people seem to know a ST holder or Member that can get them a ticket anwyay, or know of someone who knows someone.   So trying to ban "the public" is a waste of time anyway!

• Like 3