Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Pink Floyd

I love all forms of rock music from indie to classic rock to punk, all the way through the rock spectrum up to thrash metal, But I've never been able to get into Pink Floyd and I don't know why. Any recommendations that might be able to change my mind?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I love all forms of rock music from indie to classic rock to punk, all the way through the rock spectrum up to thrash metal, But I've never been able to get into Pink Floyd and I don't know why. Any recommendations that might be able to change my mind?

Pink Floyd's music doesn't appeal to everyone but if you've listened to Dark Side of the Moon and don't like it you may not like a lot of their music.

An earlier album with more variety of style was Relics, which was a compilation of tracks from previous albums and singles.  If you don't like one track then try the next, if you get to the end and nothing appeals then this is not the band for you.

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2021 at 13:08, TiffToff88 said:

I'll second what @Crinklyfox suggested, plus this:

It's not really background music; I'd suggest laying down with your eyes closed with a decent pair of earphones.

If you like a spliff, the two go together like strawberries and cream.

Edited by Buce

You'll probably find the earlier Syd Barret stuff a tad twee and whimsical and the subsequent psychedelic prog of the late sixties early seventies a bit plodding. 'Meddle' is great though, and as Buce suggested, 1975's 'Wish You Were Here' - which is probably their best album on balance. As depressing as it may be 'The Wall' is magnificent piece of work. Saw the original Earl's Court shows and then Roger Waters perform the scaled up stadium version of the show at Wembley some three decades later. Also, if you like punk, behind its prog trappings 'Animals' contains more vitriol and anger directed at the system than any other album I can think of released in '77. 

• Like 1

Try this.....better than the original?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just listened to some of Water's 'Dark Side of the Moon Redux'. It's so breathtakingly bad, so utterly awful it almost defies description. He was intent upon reducing Floyd to a melancholy dirge and now he's succeeded by interring and desecrating the remains.

Imagine bringing Michelangelo back to life, asking him to revisit the Sistine Chapel and he papers over the ceiling with woodchip and obscures the 'Creation of Adam' with artex. 

Dreadful. 

• Like 1