Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Somewhere in between £7,000,000 - £9,000,000 during his time here. If he’d been able to train and improve the ability of our crap right wingers during his stint with us, it would have been worth it. 

The reality is, he spent most of the time in rehabilitation and the treatment room. 

Can someone cheer me up and tell me we claimed it on the insurance 

• Haha 1

Just now, Scanchez said:

Bertrand was by far a worse signing than the likes of Akinbiyi (who people usually use as a bench mark of bad signings).

At least Akinbiyi actually played.

I think I’d have preferred Akinbiyi if he had played as many games as Bertrand has - Ade was a far worse signing, in every aspect than Bertrand! His transfer fee alone cost about the same as Bertrands wages over time, and that’s without adding for inflation.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I think I’d have preferred Akinbiyi if he had played as many games as Bertrand has - Ade was a far worse signing, in every aspect than Bertrand! His transfer fee alone cost about the same as Bertrands wages over time, and that’s without adding for inflation.

Haha I know what you mean but at least we got nearly half the money back when we sold Akinbiyi to Palace.

Bertrand has done nothing part from a handful of shocking performances and has been paid a massive wage to do so. We'll get nothing back.

At least Akinbiyi gave us this one moment of hilarity:

Premier League cult heroes 30-21: Strikers Ade Akinbiyi and ...

If there is anyone left at this Club that had anything to do with this signing, howsoever remote their involvement was, they should be gone. There is no place at LCFC for Muppets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Haha I know what you mean but at least we got nearly half the money back when we sold Akinbiyi to Palace.

Bertrand has done nothing part from a handful of shocking performances and has been paid a massive wage to do so. We'll get nothing back.

At least Akinbiyi gave us this one moment of hilarity:

Premier League cult heroes 30-21: Strikers Ade Akinbiyi and ...

Another questionable signing in the background there - Tricky Trev. 81 games and 15 goals, so 1 in 5. Particularly amusing though because in a recent autobiography I’m sure someone said at his medical the medics found that his vision was poor enough to warrant not going ahead with the transfer. Obviously Peter Taylor went ahead with it anyway…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Another questionable signing in the background there - Tricky Trev. 81 games and 15 goals, so 1 in 5. Particularly amusing though because in a recent autobiography I’m sure someone said at his medical the medics found that his vision was poor enough to warrant not going ahead with the transfer. Obviously Peter Taylor went ahead with it anyway…

I love it how he's always referred to as 'Tricky' Trev.

• Haha 1

Vestergaard has probably been the worst transfer out of the 2 between him and Bertrand

Similar wages but Vestergaard has a longer contract and also had a £15m transfer fee

We haven’t been able to do much about getting rid of Bertrand due to his injury but with Vestergaard we have been stuck with him for even longer than we had hoped because he has turned down multiple offers and multiple occasions to stay and be about 10th choice centre back

Vestergaard has only played the equivalent of just under 7 more games than Bertrand as well