Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Always worth bumping this story on the Bertrand thread to remind everyone how incestuous this deal was. Rodgers friends with the owner of the agency that Bertrand is signed to. Rodgers Jr works for the agency. Bertrand is also employed as a consultant in the agency that also represents him. 🤷🏻‍♂️ https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/why-ryan-bertrand-and-brendan-rodgers-son-could-be-key-to-leicester-citys-summer-transfer-window/ar-AAXlt0z

We've had our pants down well and truly. In the old days you'd of thought Rodgers got a bung for the deal, but he's so rich, he probably doesn't need any extra money.

• Like 1

He should have done the decent thing and retired. His age is against him and if he has been truly injured this long his body is against him as well. 

At the time I wasn’t against the signing, it kinda made sense to me. Now. Just needs to go. 

Man, we have missed Fuchs or a Bruno Burner type of character in this team. Even if just in and around the club would have been better. Thomas would have benefited massively!!

Edited by fox_favourite

13 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Always worth bumping this story on the Bertrand thread to remind everyone how incestuous this deal was. Rodgers friends with the owner of the agency that Bertrand is signed to. Rodgers Jr works for the agency. Bertrand is also employed as a consultant in the agency that also represents him. 🤷🏻‍♂️ https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/why-ryan-bertrand-and-brendan-rodgers-son-could-be-key-to-leicester-citys-summer-transfer-window/ar-AAXlt0z

Shame that incest didn't help us in getting Colwill and CHO, also represented by this agency

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will play against Walsall, give away a penalty as he tries to keep up with their striker as last man, does his knee in again as he falls and then loses us the game. 

An improvement then.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will play against Walsall, give away a penalty as he tries to keep up with their striker as last man, does his knee in again as he falls and then loses us the game. 

I can see it now.

That’s my Bet Builder sorted too, thanks mate 👌🏻

Guest bennytwohats

Serious question. After preseason when we signed him I came on here and people were waxing lyrical about him. Obviously injury record is a disaster, but we’re his performances in those 4 proper games or whatever so bad that he’s not a welcome boost when we are struggling so badly at left back? Obviously that’s assuming he can get back to fitness, which is a big doubt.

14 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Vile. "Model club" though remember. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Serious question. After preseason when we signed him I came on here and people were waxing lyrical about him. Obviously injury record is a disaster, but we’re his performances in those 4 proper games or whatever so bad that he’s not a welcome boost when we are struggling so badly at left back? Obviously that’s assuming he can get back to fitness, which is a big doubt.

I thought the deal made sense at the time, he looked good in pre-season, and I thought he played well in the Community Shield win as well

However I then definitely remember being their in person at Napoli away and him being absolutely shocking and being at fault for one of the goals

So he's real purpose here to advance his education and get inside information, not to play for us.

• Like 1

Does make you wonder. In a normal business, the firms lawyers would be all over this conflict of interest. Grounds to sack Brendan without a pay-off please!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Haha how did we allow that to happen?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

He should have done the decent thing and retired. His age is against him and if he has been truly injured this long his body is against him as well. 

At the time I wasn’t against the signing, it kinda made sense to me. Now. Just needs to go. 

Man, we have missed Fuchs or a Bruno Burner type of character in this team. Even if just in and around the club would have been better. Thomas would have benefited massively!!

I reckon he'll leave on a free at the end of the season, try 6 months in the Championship before retiring. Theres no way he's giving up a payday easily. 

17 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Does make you wonder. In a normal business, the firms lawyers would be all over this conflict of interest. Grounds to sack Brendan without a pay-off please!

Ha ha! Like the fact you think thats a reality. In organisations that have supposedly stricter compliance and procurement processes, it gets far more lax the further up the company hierarchy you go. I've seen large media agencies do huge deals with 'mates' at the top of organisations, including one who did a huge deal for an out of date data solution that never got used. I mean, look at the government PPE scandal, where procurement should be at its strictest. 

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Ha ha! Like the fact you think thats a reality. In organisations that have supposedly stricter compliance and procurement processes, it gets far more lax the further up the company hierarchy you go. I've seen large media agencies do huge deals with 'mates' at the top of organisations, including one who did a huge deal for an out of date data solution that never got used. I mean, look at the government PPE scandal, where procurement should be at its strictest. 

Sad but true!

(still looking for an excuse to get rid of Brendan)