Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He gets a lot of abuse but to be fair to him you could count on one hand the amount of poor performances he’s put in wearing a Leicester Shirt. 

If that's a joke it's a bad one, and if you're actually trying to defend this piece of shit then words fail me

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If that's a joke it's a bad one, and if you're actually trying to defend this piece of shit then words fail me

I was going to go on and say that he’s not had a bad game all season but I don’t want to upset you so I won’t. 

• Haha 3

Dodgy deal to bring him in I suspect, a favour from Rodgers (managed him early doors at Chelsea) - Rodgers' son also happens to work for the agency firm that Bertrand is/was a "consultant" at - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/why-ryan-bertrand-and-brendan-rodgers-son-could-be-key-to-leicester-citys-summer-transfer-window/ar-AAXlt0z

4 league appearances in two years for what was surely a multi-million signing on fee + hefty wages 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Your Honour said:

What’s he actually done wrong? Rodgers wanted him and Rudkin I assume negotiated the contract. 

never ever good enough, but just shows how badly this club has been managed the past few years.

Taking a huge wage with no desire to ever get on the pitch and put in a performance, basically treating this club as a cash cow and a pension fund. One of our worst ever signings for me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I was going to go on and say that he’s not had a bad game all season but I don’t want to upset you so I won’t. 

Sorry, I'm just upset tonight and Bertrand is pretty symbolic of the smables this club has become.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sorry, I'm just upset tonight and Bertrand is pretty symbolic of the smables this club has become.

Mate we are all upset, just trying to (unsuccessfully) lighten the mood. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Taking a huge wage with no desire to ever get on the pitch and put in a performance, basically treating this club as a cash cow and a pension fund. One of our worst ever signings for me. 

Only work Bertrand did at Leicester with the help of Brendan's son was to sign Leicester academy players for the agency they both work for

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Only work Bertrand did at Leicester with the help of Brendan's son was to sign Leicester academy players for the agency they both work for

Looking through our academy lads on Transfermrkt, the only players Rodgers & Bertrand managed to dastardly entice over to "First Access Sports" agency were Brandon Cover and Joe Wormleighton.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If players are a decent enough standard, fit and compete in training, they improve the levels of the other players around them. The simple fact of football is that you need backup players.

The fact he wasn’t even capable of doing that for large proportions of his time here just makes this worse. 

Luckily we didn’t pay a transfer fee for him. 

I was going to liken him to Michael Ball who was a left back, verge of finishing his playing career, then we signed him and did nothing. Ball got released after some dodgy Twitter stuff though. 

Will always be known for doing an illegal throw and winking at the camera pretending to timewaste.

What a legacy.

On par with Vardy....

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

If players are a decent enough standard, fit and compete in training, they improve the levels of the other players around them. The simple fact of football is that you need backup players.

The fact he wasn’t even capable of doing that for large proportions of his time here just makes this worse. 

Luckily we didn’t pay a transfer fee for him

I was going to liken him to Michael Ball who was a left back, verge of finishing his playing career, then we signed him and did nothing. Ball got released after some dodgy Twitter stuff though. 

But Christ knows how much we paid him? I’m sure £70-80k a week has been mentioned, which is astonishing and sickening all in one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But Christ knows how much we paid him? I’m sure £70-80k a week has been mentioned, which is astonishing and sickening all in one. 

Somewhere in between £7,000,000 - £9,000,000 during his time here. If he’d been able to train and improve the ability of our crap right wingers during his stint with us, it would have been worth it. 

The reality is, he spent most of the time in rehabilitation and the treatment room. 

• Sad 1

On 08/05/2023 at 21:53, Poznan34 said:

Dodgy deal to bring him in I suspect, a favour from Rodgers (managed him early doors at Chelsea) - Rodgers' son also happens to work for the agency firm that Bertrand is/was a "consultant" at - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/why-ryan-bertrand-and-brendan-rodgers-son-could-be-key-to-leicester-citys-summer-transfer-window/ar-AAXlt0z

4 league appearances in two years for what was surely a multi-million signing on fee + hefty wages 

That’s the truth of it. Awful signing.