Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

The food thread

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I disappeared down this rabbit hole a few months ago, honestly depends on how much you want to spend and what you want.

The problem I’ve got is I’ve see the Kamado Joe Classic 3 that costs well over a grand and can’t get the images of slow cooked Brisket out of my head. 

Yeah I think I want a decent one that’ll last. At the min I’m leaning towards gas but my concern has been heat distribution as they can cook quickly when the lid is open. Really like the look of the Weber Spirit II E-310.

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I disappeared down this rabbit hole a few months ago, honestly depends on how much you want to spend and what you want.

The problem I’ve got is I’ve see the Kamado Joe Classic 3 that costs well over a grand and can’t get the images of slow cooked Brisket out of my head. 

I’ve had a Kamado Joe for about 6 or 7 years and can’t recommend them highly enough. 

BBQ, smoker, rotisserie, pizza oven all in one. 

A mate saw mine and wanted one, but didn’t want to spend the money. He got a generic Kamado oven for about £650 and, honestly, it’s every bit as good as the Kamado Joe. 

The downside is you usually end up spending the same again on accessories lol

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I’ve had a Kamado Joe for about 6 or 7 years and can’t recommend them highly enough. 

BBQ, smoker, rotisserie, pizza oven all in one. 

A mate saw mine and wanted one, but didn’t want to spend the money. He got a generic Kamado oven for about £650 and, honestly, it’s every bit as good as the Kamado Joe. 

The downside is you usually end up spending the same again on accessories lol

I don’t want to hear anything about this other than the generic one being cheaper and as good.

Spent days looking at videos and I’ve got to the point where I’m blatantly going to spend money I haven’t got to buy one lol 

The rabbit hole I’ve fallen down with the KJ specifically is the smoke distributed thing and the split levels which a lot of the others don’t seem to have and they both sound great and make it convenient. If you know which generic one he got and can be convinced that this either does that or what I want I’d probably go with a cheaper one.

Edited by Costock_Fox

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t want to hear anything about this other than the generic one being cheaper and as good.

Spent days looking at videos and I’ve got to the point where I’m blatantly going to spend money I haven’t got to buy one lol 

The rabbit hole I’ve fallen down with the KJ specifically is the smoke distributed thing and the split levels which a lot of the others don’t seem to have and they both sound great and make it convenient. If you know which generic one he got and can be convinced that this either does that or what I want I’d probably go with a cheaper one.

I’ve just got a reply from him and he said it’s not branded…but he thinks is Wild Goose (?).. 

He said his didn’t come with the heat deflector but the Kamado Joe one fits, and it was just under 600 quid. Was a Wowcher thing. 

Useless reply, sorry mate! 

11 minutes ago, Milo said:

I’ve just got a reply from him and he said it’s not branded…but he thinks is Wild Goose (?).. 

He said his didn’t come with the heat deflector but the Kamado Joe one fits, and it was just under 600 quid. Was a Wowcher thing. 

Useless reply, sorry mate! 

Don’t worry, I’ll blame you when I’m making super noodles on my brand new Kamado Joe.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just about to put this lovely lump of silverside beef in the oven.

Served today with tenderstem brocoli, braised red cabbage, honey roasted chantenay carrots, Yorkshire pud and, controversially, dauphinoise potatoes. 

I make no apologies.

Screenshot_20230730_140944_Gallery.jpg

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Served today with tenderstem brocoli, braised red cabbage, honey roasted chantenay carrots, Yorkshire pud and, controversially, dauphinoise potatoes. 

You sound like a waiter 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just about to put this lovely lump of silverside beef in the oven.

I make no apologies.

Please ensure mise en place with the finest shenyang china. The silver sided beef au deck jus should be placed carefully onto serveware. Bon Appétit!

• 3 months later...