Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

19 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Sorry for the uneducated question (fox member here), but what’s this talk about STH references to buy tickets? Are the FA Cup away tickets released differently?

Sales for the cup will follow the same pattern of sales for the league, going down each points bracket. The term ALL STH is the last bracket before the open it up to members. Likely Forest will sell out either at all STH points or the bracket above this I think.

Edited by SemperEadem

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Sales for the cup will follow the same pattern of sales for the league, going down each points bracket. The term ALL STH is the last bracket before the open it up to members. Likely Forest will sell out either at all STH points or the bracket above this I think.

I thought so, thanks for confirming. I just saw messages of people asking for references which confused me is all. 

38 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

There is a good chance that they make this a silly price....so might put some people off who have been before.

Are FA cup games not capped for away fans like the league?

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Slightly worried that the club might make another hash of this in terms of allocation. Just like the Everton game. 

Weirdly, Villa only opted to take 3,000 tickets for their game at Old Trafford last night when they could have had about 10,000. 

10k on a Monday night would've been a stretch for a game against a regular league opponent where there's no chance of getting the train back home. Would've thought they'd have taken a few more than 3,000 though.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

10k on a Monday night would've been a stretch for a game against a regular league opponent where there's no chance of getting the train back home. Would've thought they'd have taken a few more than 3,000 though.

Yeah probably, was just surprised. Just wondering if the club will adopt something similar to curb the amount of fans at the game.

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah probably, was just surprised. Just wondering if the club will adopt something similar to curb the amount of fans at the game.

Hmmm, hope not. Though I don't recall them exactly putting up much of a fight against that ridiculous 'High Risk' Cup allocation in Norwich that time...

41 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Slightly worried that the club might make another hash of this in terms of allocation. Just like the Everton game. 

Weirdly, Villa only opted to take 3,000 tickets for their game at Old Trafford last night when they could have had about 10,000. 

A trip to OT, a regular league opponent, on a Monday night in Jan for an early round cup game which is being screened live on BBC will never get 10k. I am sure LCFC will take the maximum number of tickets allowed to them for this game

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A trip to OT, a regular league opponent, on a Monday night in Jan for an early round cup game which is being screened live on BBC will never get 10k. I am sure LCFC will take the maximum number of tickets allowed to them for this game

Plus Villa go there again in the league on Sunday.

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I thought so, thanks for confirming. I just saw messages of people asking for references which confused me is all. 

People with season tickets and no intention of going will allow others to use their reference (so that the STH gets higher priority at no cost or effort, and someone else gets a ticket above someone else who should have earned the right to one.

It’s a crappy loophole of the system but there isn’t much of an alternative. Although there won’t be many ‘spare refs’ going for this.

18 minutes ago, Hollism said:

People with season tickets and no intention of going will allow others to use their reference (so that the STH gets higher priority at no cost or effort, and someone else gets a ticket above someone else who should have earned the right to one.

It’s a crappy loophole of the system but there isn’t much of an alternative. Although there won’t be many ‘spare refs’ going for this.

Nail on head. Crappy loophole of the system that requires the goodwill and decency of those not going to chuck their priority back into the pot, rather than selling on to keep building their own priority. The only way i can think of stopping this is doing a ticket collection at the host ground, like in Europe, or ID on tickets checked at the turnstile. Neither of which are feasible imo.

On that note, two spare refs for Forest away if anyone is interested. The traffic is awful in Nottingham so will be too traumatic an experience for me.

EDIT - to those who've quite justfiably PMd me, or were thinking of doing so, the last sentence is a joke, albeit a very poor one! I find the 'leaving early due to traffic' excuse lame and was making light of that.

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Nail on head. Crappy loophole of the system that requires the goodwill and decency of those not going to chuck their priority back into the pot, rather than selling on to keep building their own priority. The only way i can think of stopping this is doing a ticket collection at the host ground, like in Europe, or ID on tickets checked at the turnstile. Neither of which are feasible imo.

On that note, two spare refs for Forest away if anyone is interested. The traffic is awful in Nottingham so will be too traumatic an experience for me.

EDIT - to those who've quite justfiably PMd me, or were thinking of doing so, the last sentence is a joke, albeit a very poor one! I find the 'leaving early due to traffic' excuse lame and was making light of that.

The only additional way would be to have every stadium in the country running on the same ticketing network so away tickets get added to your normal season ticket or membership card. Wouldn’t stop people lending out to their mates but it would massively reduce things if you had to lend out your ST every time you wanted a free point.

Thats also never gonna happen of course. We’re stuck with this honour system for a while yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hollism said:

The only additional way would be to have every stadium in the country running on the same ticketing network so away tickets get added to your normal season ticket or membership card. Wouldn’t stop people lending out to their mates but it would massively reduce things if you had to lend out your ST every time you wanted a free point.

Thats also never gonna happen of course. We’re stuck with this honour system for a while yet.

Hmmm very good point and something I’d not thought of. I’m sure that would take very little effort to set up as well, system wise 

2 hours ago, Hollism said:

That’s a really outdated method. So I could use somebody else’s reference to buy tickets? Surely it’s not too difficult to do it properly