Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2022

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Doesn't really matter. 

The whole point of the rules being as strict as they are is to force players to reconsider how they tackle. 

It was a terrible tackle from a player widely regarded as not good enough to be in the team anyway who's just cost his team. It was the correct decision. 

Fair enough. I'm sure you'd be saying exactly the same if it was a Wales player ;)

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

Easy peasy.  Can England manage to keep the score down, here?

Hopefully not . If we suffer a heavy defeat  it might force the blazers into getting getting rid of Jones . ( they won’t though until we are shown up in the World Cup under his demented tenure) 

Just now, Izzy said:

Fair enough. I'm sure you'd be saying exactly the same if it was a Wales player ;)

I genuinely would. I feel quite passionately about the value of the concussion protocol and I've been really consistent about that. I've spoken quite a bit on here about how I really want football to do more to take head injuries seriously too. 

Ultimately that tackle has taken the Irish player out of the match and given him a severe enough head trauma that he's failed his HIA after a minute of the match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, surrifox said:

Hopefully not . If we suffer a heavy defeat  it might force the blazers into getting getting rid of Jones . ( they won’t though until we are shown up in the World Cup under his demented tenure) 

Not a fan of his then? :P :D 

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

TBH, I haven't been paying much attention to the England team these days :P   (Esp. since the Tigers seem to have found some form again)

Jones seems to regard players who play with flair as some sort of challenge to his authority and clearly hates attacking rugby he is the Vladimir Putin of rugby 

coaches :P

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Rule 1 of watching Irish international rugby, dont get cocky.... :( Getting destroyed up front.

The card has really pumped England up and that in turn seems to have wobbled Ireland a bit. 

They need to calm down and compose themselves. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

The card has really pumped England up and that in turn seems to have wobbled Ireland a bit. 

They need to calm down and compose themselves. 

Yeah I'd take a 2 point lead into HT to be honest

England have been pumped and played brilliantly with 14.

Despite what Dallaglio has said, the decisions have been pretty spot on bar a forward pass for England before an England penalty and an alleged high tackle by Itoje which was a bit harsh on England. 

Edit - I see from BBC live text that Sexton doesnt agree from our side, what a surprise lol 

On a complete random point, I feel like we (Leicester) miss an annoying Sexton type in the ear of the ref. Not good to see from a sporting perspective obviously but its reality of top level sport.

Edited by Nalis