Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2022

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Sexton out with injury, Carbery in. Carbery is an excellent player but obviously isnt as much as an enforcer to Jonny (to the French or the ref :ph34r: ).

We're still sticking to the rule of one Ulsterman max in the Ireland 23 too.

How does it feel having more players from New Zealand than your country in the side? :ph34r:

Just now, Finnegan said:

How does it feel having more players from New Zealand than your country in the side? :ph34r:

Ha you've got me there sadly...

Carbery parents are Irish and lived in Ireland since he was 11 so thats forgivable I think. No excuses for Gibson-Park, Aki and Lowe. As much as all teams do it its something I still dont feel 100% comfortable with. Apart from the 80 minutes of the match of course.

11 hours ago, Nalis said:

Ha you've got me there sadly...

Carbery parents are Irish and lived in Ireland since he was 11 so thats forgivable I think. No excuses for Gibson-Park, Aki and Lowe. As much as all teams do it its something I still dont feel 100% comfortable with. Apart from the 80 minutes of the match of course.

The whole thing needs a massive shake up. 

I'd be happy with residency laws staying at 3 to 5 years if those years are before their 18th birthday. I have no problem with kids moving to a country for non rugby playing reasons, partially growing up there and wanting to represent that country. 

I also don't have a problem, Carbery jokes aside, with people representing the land of their parents. 

I just object to "project" players. If you move to a country after your professional rugby career has started that you weren't eligible to play for at the point you took up living there, you shouldn't ever qualify. Full stop. 

What makes Bundee Aki even worse is that if New Zealand didn't want him, he'd still have been a huge asset to Samoa who really need as many players of Samoan heritage as possible. And James Lowe is Maori, he has has "international" honours representing "his" people already. 

For the record, the same could be said of Halaholo. What fvcking good for the future is it for us capping a 31 year old and how tragic is it that he could have had a ten year career by now playing for Tonga picking up god knows how many caps? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nalis said:

Wrong prediction time:

Wales v Scotland: Wales by 6

France v Ireland: France by 9

Italy v England: England by 33

Having seen our team, with even more injuries, I can actually see Scotland winning. 

Depends how big a reaction we get tbh. 

Honestly wouldn't like to pick either of tomorrow's games. England by a stack though yeah. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkJ14k7Ihw

This is crazy.

Looking past the game itself, because it was awful, first time Italy have beaten England at U20 level. There's been a lot of talk in the media over the last year about the progress Italy are making at U20 and it's formed a large part of why some of the usual boring talk about Georgia, Portugal and Romania has calmed down a bit. 

You have to be careful when trying to judge U20 rugby, it's a bit like watching U15/U16 football - as impressive as a lot of the guys might be, so many just don't even make it as pros still let alone becoming fully capped internationals. But it's still a remarkable sign of progress for Italy how well they've been doing at age group.

It's a really important marker for them and - to be honest - good news really for the sport in general and the 6N. Even most England fans I know are pretty happy for them.

• Like 2

Scotland blow up in the 2nd game....

Wales again,were ready for the taking, But they know how to use their best Engines & create & Grind out again a top result...

Never say die..

France Flying Off the blocks...and I do think France have more in the locker this year.

Irland though will still Play Top Rugby, even when they have average moments.

Both Fast, and Brilliant whole squads, this will be the game of the tournament...

Watch & Enjoy also those small moments.......

Eyeing each other up with Bi g hard Hits & ball playing

The 2nd half ,I believe will go up a notch,from both sides,Split moments will decide the game...

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Golden Boys of rugby media choke again.

Can't beat a Welsh third string out of form. Standard Scotch. 

Scottland find a small Bit of form in 1-2 games, then the Hype from Media & ex-players clicks in, and then they gleam in moments  just to deceive..

The heart & spirit, is not the proving of class....

Scotland always fail in that 2nd/3de game where ist time prove they are the "New" Scotland...No reason why it should be, But their 6n is over,because

at the moment their History dictates their falability...

The Welsh..they are rugby,even the great-grandma,who understands nowt will have had sons who Share that innerblood, to Grab an Egg then drive, handle,

Protect it,until ist time to decide omlette,Sunny-side up, or poached,then they hit you like, great-grandmas frying pan..

On 04/02/2022 at 12:47, Nalis said:

Time for my incorrect predictions.

Ireland by 9 

Scotland by 4 (followed by false hope and defeats against the rest bar Italy)

France by whatever, lets say 26

I fvckin hate playing Wales when they are the underdogs....

On 11/02/2022 at 12:51, Nalis said:

Wrong prediction time:

Wales v Scotland: Wales by 6

France v Ireland: France by 9

Italy v England: England by 33

Not that far off...begrudgingly 

Pissed but well done Wales and France should have won by for than 7 but fvck the decent cvnts for our bonus points. Peace and love all, two great games.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not that far off...begrudgingly 

Pissed but well done Wales and France should have won by for than 7 but fvck the decent cvnts for our bonus points. Peace and love all, two great games.

You could definitely tell the difference between an Ireland with a world class outside half running the game and an Ireland with a regional standard out half in charge. 

I think Sexton's control on the game would have won you that in the last few minutes. 

You seemed to hit panic mode in the last five minutes and were kicking the ball away instead of having the composure to go through the phases. 

Not many teams, certainly northern hemisphere teams, could lose their best playmaker and not suffer significantly for it. Only maybe England have that sort of strength in depth. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Manu Tuilagi injury shocker.

Eddie never learns does he?

It took Tigers a very long time to figure it out too, him going was the best thing that happened to Tigers & i say that being a fan of his, biggest wage with the least amount of games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BKLFox said:

It took Tigers a very long time to figure it out too, him going was the best thing that happened to Tigers & i say that being a fan of his, biggest wage with the least amount of games.

Agreed. He hasn't been fully fit for going on 7/8 years. Having him as the marquee player was very expensive in every sense.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Seemed he was trying to build the team and tactics around him too!

That is poor planning from an experienced coach .

I don't believe that stuff to be honest. 

Knowing Eddie it's equally likely he was never really in line to start and the whole thing was straight out of the Alex Ferguson play book. 

Wrong prediction part 3

England by 11

Ireland by 41

(Pelters at the ready) Scotland by 4

Last one isnt a typo, I dont know what it is but I have a feeling France wont turn up for one of their games and it could be this one. Although I want Scotland to win to keep Ireland in it the media hyperbole would be unbearable.