Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I have to say, I always enjoy watching Wales play but this is absolutely dreadful, possibly the worst I've ever seen a Welsh side play. Missing AWJ's personality and leadership massively imho. 

 

Can totally see the parallels between Rodgers and Pivac. This Welsh side aren't giving everything, far from it.

 

It's ironic because the whole point of Pivac was supposed to be bringing the va va voom back to Welsh rugby. Welsh rugby culture has been about an expansive, creative, flair based game for almost all of history. Then Gatland turned up and made us conservative and pragmatic. But successful. 

 

Pivac's Scarlets were unbelievable en route to winning the Celtic League and be got the job off the back of that. 

 

But from day one something has been missing. Squidge has made a point in his analysis that Pivac just doesn't seem to "get" the breakdown and that's definitely true. It certainly hurts us that we repeatedly fail to secure the ball and turn it over, which was a particular speciality under Gats and Edwards. 

 

But it's more than that, just like Rodgers' Leicester we've also stopped being good to watch in attack too. You know when a Rodgers side spends an hour nervously passing it side to side? Yeah that's what we look like most of the time. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Imagine Wales actually win his, would be glorious shithousery of the highest order

 

I mean not really. Scored three tries and they only managed one that we had to actually hand to them for free from a line out. 

 

They're only ahead because our discipline is hilariously, woefully poor. So I don't think I'd have called it shithouse if we'd won. 

 

Let's be honest, both of these teams are crap. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

I mean not really. Scored three tries and they only managed one that we had to actually hand to them for free from a line out. 

 

They're only ahead because our discipline is hilariously, woefully poor. So I don't think I'd have called it shithouse if we'd won. 

 

Let's be honest, both of these teams are crap. 

They were better in a lot of the departments for most parts of the match and most importantly up front, that was the angle of my post. Their lack of tries were compensated by keeping the scoreline tick over in decent game management.  My post wasnt anti Welsh, I actually wanted Wales to come back and ultimately win this match.

 

We're all miles behind France so all irrelevant. Obviously hoping for a Welsh win in a fortnight.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

My post wasnt anti Welsh

 

I didn't see it as such, I'm not being sensitive. 

 

Like I said, I just thought both teams were very poor. England were pretty decent in the breakdown but equally we were poor. 

 

They didn't really engineer anything themselves, we had to give them all their points.

 

I don't say this out of bitterness and I'm not saying anything, to be honest, that doesn't already concern most England fans about Eddie Jones' approach. As much as we might be like watching Leicester under Rodgers, England are a lot like watching United under Ole and that's not a lot of fun either. 

Posted

Only saw the first half because I got bitten by a lurcher this afternoon and had to pick up my antibiotics at 5.45. Loving the 50-22 though. That kick from Slade. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...