Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two incidents. 

The heavy batoning looked to be between plain clothes police with stewards

and City fans first. Then the armoured police turned up and just went on and on. 

The second incident was between City fans after some idiot flung a flare which hit a city fan 

The second incident was that the twat with the beard that was taken out with blood streaming down his face, he had a flare and then threw it into the city fans. 

1 hour ago, Foxes99 said:

Bad news for anyone flying to Gatwick, just seen the flights been canceled, if anyones getting ready to come to the airport now, best check. 

0EAC2557-DF5F-4D76-AC7F-8B6420E30CC2.jpeg

There’s another flight to Gatwick at 21:20 so I’m assuming people will be put on that one. 

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Legia different level. Rennes was incredible considered the size of the crowd. Personally I thought it was exactly as expected - a lot of their chanting isn’t intimidating by Italian standards. 

Was having a great night until the game. Then the trouble with the police killed the whole away end. 

Had an incident of someone with a flare who had a mate what flung it with no proper aim. Hit a fellow City fan. That kicked off quite badly. 

Yeah this is spot on.

The batons and riot police were due to things being chucked back and forth over the barrier between the home end and away end. There were a load of plain clothes police officers who had batons and then they called in the robocops. Whilst it was very heavy-handed, there were plenty in our end who relished a bit of aggro (always reminds me there’s a very fine line between bravery and stupidity when English football fans want to take on police in armour with batons).

The second incident, provided the right guy was caught, was well deserved. Some idiot threw a flare and it essentially landed in the chest of another Leicester fan whilst still alight but looked like he escaped too much injury. Someone else then went to find the guy that did it and punched him down about 10 rows - I just hope he got the right guy!

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Sod the shuttle busses, I asked a policeman for directions and ended up getting a lift to the ground in the back of a police car lol

That's a good tip actually for the future!

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The second incident, provided the right guy was caught, was well deserved. Some idiot threw a flare and it essentially landed in the chest of another Leicester fan whilst still alight but looked like he escaped too much injury. Someone else then went to find the guy that did it and punched him down about 10 rows - I just hope he got the right guy!

Edited to remove photo. 

Edited by Lestagirl

28 minutes ago, C.J said:

Has anyone seen the video of the Roma fan on the scooter riding into the back of a parked car whilst he was too busy giving it to some Leicester fans on a bus?🤣🤣

I'm going to make it my ring tone.

8 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Anyone able to translate the words in their tifo?

Something about how in Britain they feared the Romans.

I'm no David Starkey but my recollection is we got them to build all the roads and baths then told them to fak off.

20 hours ago, TBuz said:

Any update on how the guy is that collapsed when we were waiting to be let out. Saw the ambulance staff rush in? Hope he’s okay

We saw that. Everyone at the top of the stairs were gesticulating madly for first aiders to come.

Someone said someone fell down the stairs and badly cut their arm. Is that what happened ?

Hope they were okay 🤞

Edited by coolcol

19 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

I'm not sure that there were 3500 city fans there seemed a lot more, a rumour was going round some had got pdf copies of the tickets and changed the name how true that is I don't know. 

That would have going some.

We were searched 4 times, and they checked my ticket against my passport 3 times, and pretty thoroughly at that.