Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

27 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Nice to see you again in Sean's bus matey.

ย 

๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽถ"Aarhus, in the middle of Denmark"..๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽถ

And you col

ย 

Hopefully we'll do it all again in the not too distant futureย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolcol said:

That would have going some.

ย 

We were searched 4 times, and they checked my ticket against my passport 3 times, and pretty thoroughly at that.

We spoke to a few who knew of loads with doctored tickets. The barcode just opened the barrier and and the names matched the passport so that that.ย  No way there were 1,400 empty seats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolcol said:

We saw that. Everyone at the top of the stairs were gesticulating madly for first aiders to come.

ย 

Someone said someone fell down the stairs and badly cut their arm. Is that what happened ?

ย 

Hope they were okay ๐Ÿคž.ย 

If this was about 30 mins after the game, then a chap seemed to have had a stroke. One side of his face had completely fallen.ย 
ย 

He was carried down the Police line who made them treat him in front of there.ย 
ย 

As he was carried down a load of our fans started trying to follow and shouting they had โ€˜twisted ankles tooโ€™ and needed to be let out.ย 
ย 

Idiots.ย 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TC1884 said:

We spoke to a few who knew of loads with doctored tickets. The barcode just opened the barrier and and the names matched the passport so that that.ย  No way there were 1,400 empty seats.

Absolutely not. When I went up 20 minutes before kick off I expected to have a pick of seats with supposedly 1500 empty spaces. Instead, there were people overflowing onto the stairs.

Wouldโ€™ve thought a barcode would only work once to go through the turnstile though, thatโ€™s normally the case.

1 hour ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Absolutely not. When I went up 20 minutes before kick off I expected to have a pick of seats with supposedly 1500 empty spaces. Instead, there were people overflowing onto the stairs.

Wouldโ€™ve thought a barcode would only work once to go through the turnstile though, thatโ€™s normally the case.

Ancient system,ย  they literally scanned and reconciled to nothing. Loads of extras got in. Same trick failed at PSV.

6 hours ago, TC1884 said:

Waow.... That's taking opportunities for youย 

Did anyone have to give their hotel to Italian passport control, I have my hotel booked and they sent me an email when I arrived in rome saying we will meet you at the reception and we want to welcome you. So when we got to passport control they made me show them my booking reference for hotel and asked if I was going football then 20 mins later the hotel cancels my booking. Anyone have this issue?

14 minutes ago, Sam fletcher said:

Did anyone have to give their hotel to Italian passport control, I have my hotel booked and they sent me an email when I arrived in rome saying we will meet you at the reception and we want to welcome you. So when we got to passport control they made me show them my booking reference for hotel and asked if I was going football then 20 mins later the hotel cancels my booking. Anyone have this issue?

They were randomly picking out people on our flight for hotel booking details, if they had a ticket for the game and their flight back. My brother got stuck as the copper wouldnโ€™t accept the flight code he gave him as legit despite both of us having a confirmed email.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks to anyone who joined us and for us it was also a very enjoyable experience.

Top fans and great people without even the slightest hint of problems made it a fantastic day.

Hope to see you all again in Italy for the 23/24 season๐Ÿ€๐Ÿบ

A big thank you also toย @Ric Flair๐Ÿ‘

from day 1 you were great and a top admin. Without you none of this wouldโ€™ve been possible so Iโ€™ll send through a couple of beers in the foxstalk(bottom of the page)for all your hardwork.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdN8EzSlAGe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not once at any point was I asked to show my vaccine status โ€ฆโ€ฆ.

Add it to the list. Iโ€™ve not had it checked anywhere for months now. It looks like ffp2 masks were the main money maker for Italy, compliance with vaccine status has very little value nowย 

11 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Add it to the list. Iโ€™ve not had it checked anywhere for months now. It looks like ffp2 masks were the main money maker for Italy, compliance with vaccine status has very little value nowย 

They were very strict on FFP2 both on Vuelling (out) and Easyjet (return)โ€ฆ. There was a fellow Fox who was being refused boarding Saturday AM Easyjet to Gatwickโ€ฆ. Fortunately I had a spare and was able to help him outโ€ฆ.ย 
ย 

Will bare this in mind for travels coming up anywhere to be honest for the sake of ยฃ2.99 for a pack of 5, itโ€™s not worth the hassle/ riskโ€ฆ

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

They were very strict on FFP2 both on Vuelling (out) and Easyjet (return)โ€ฆ. There was a fellow Fox who was being refused boarding Saturday AM Easyjet to Gatwickโ€ฆ. Fortunately I had a spare and was able to help him outโ€ฆ.ย 
ย 

Will bare this in mind for travels coming up anywhere to be honest for the sake of ยฃ2.99 for a pack of 5, itโ€™s not worth the hassle/ riskโ€ฆ

Exactly the same on my flight with vueling. I heard the check in assistant say to some in front of me who didnโ€™t have the correct mask โ€˜go to wh smith and say youโ€™re with vuelingโ€™ - so clearly the new revenue stream has moved from testing and vaccine statuses to mask compliance. Annoying in a way because once again the consumer gets hit under the guise of โ€˜safetyโ€™ but at least itโ€™s only a few quid and you have to be impressed at how the travel industry is still extracting profit from covidย 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Exactly the same on my flight with vueling. I heard the check in assistant say to some in front of me who didnโ€™t have the correct mask โ€˜go to wh smith and say youโ€™re with vuelingโ€™ - so clearly the new revenue stream has moved from testing and vaccine statuses to mask compliance. Annoying in a way because once again the consumer gets hit under the guise of โ€˜safetyโ€™ but at least itโ€™s only a few quid and you have to be impressed at how the travel industry is still extracting profit from covidย 

At ยฃ2.99 for 5 from Screwfix or 2 Euros from a vending machine in the airport nobody is making serious dough from thisโ€ฆ. Itโ€™ll phase out in time like all the other rulesโ€ฆ.

ย 

Think we just timed it right for Rome as it was a lot stricter on mask wearing just a few days before we turned up!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They were randomly picking out people on our flight for hotel booking details, if they had a ticket for the game and their flight back. My brother got stuck as the copper wouldnโ€™t accept the flight code he gave him as legit despite both of us having a confirmed email.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

This happened to me. I got asked for my ticket back, hotel name, my email address.ย 

I tried to explain I had no ticket back as I hadn't checked in yet so had to dig out my email confirmation.

On 06/05/2022 at 19:54, Bristol fox .... said:

Spoke to him from the airport this morning and hes fine.

ย 

Latest on nige the guy who collapsed at the top of the stairs in Stadio olympico.

he got checked out over in Rome but they could not put a finger on anything specific so they let him fly home and he is going to have tests to try and determine what may of been the cause of him collapsing 3 times. Ill keep you posted as soon as i hear anything. What i do know is he is eternally gratefull to the fast thinking supporters around him.

Edited by Bristol fox ....
  • Like 3