Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
January48

optimistic tirana

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

There is no fee if it costs more than the flight to cancel. 

The fee would come in if the flight was more as I understand it and you'd get the rest back? 

I started reading a list of all their fees and then I lost the will to live, but I did notice £65 to cancel the return flight. I don't know if this was per flight though.

Btw, are you still going or do you know anybody that is going now?

8 hours ago, coolcol said:

I started reading a list of all their fees and then I lost the will to live, but I did notice £65 to cancel the return flight. I don't know if this was per flight though.

Btw, are you still going or do you know anybody that is going now?

We aren't going now. 

Cancelled the flights and will hopefully go to a random game in Europe next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Everything on the socials suggests that Tiranë is going to be a battleground of violence over the next few days. Both sets of fans have had banners in their cities inciting the others 

Where did you see this? Wednesday is now a national holiday in Albania with a promised carnival atmosphere. I understand these two clubs have proper fighting ultras and not palace, premier league type, ultras - and up to 100k are expected to travel 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Where did you see this? Wednesday is now a national holiday in Albania with a promised carnival atmosphere. I understand these two clubs have proper fighting ultras and not palace, premier league type, ultras - and up to 100k are expected to travel 

Their history dates back to a tie played in 2015 - Feyenoord had a tear up in Rome, 33 arrests made. They damaged one of the famous fountains too. Second leg - the game had to stop twice, Feyenoord foolishly put the Roma fans behind the goal in the bottom tier (they are now up in the gods, PSV esque behind netting and screens). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their history dates back to a tie played in 2015 - Feyenoord had a tear up in Rome, 33 arrests made. They damaged one of the famous fountains too. Second leg - the game had to stop twice, Feyenoord foolishly put the Roma fans behind the goal in the bottom tier (they are now up in the gods, PSV esque behind netting and screens). 

That’s quality. Thanks for passing on! I really hope to see grown men embarrassing themselves over the next few days in Tirana but I assume it’ll be a storm in a tea cup as usual 

55 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Are you still going then ?

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Me too.

No idea what to expect or where to go, but hopefully there's a good atmosphere with good areas to chill on the periphery or something.

Which flights are you on? Thought nearly everyone had cancelled their bookings. 2 of us also off tomorrow. Should be "interesting" in many ways...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Which flights are you on? Thought nearly everyone had cancelled their bookings. 2 of us also off tomorrow. Should be "interesting" in many ways...

We're on the 21.50 Wizz Air from Luton tomorrow and back Thursday morning sometime.

It just seems a good chance to tick Albania off the list whilst the opportunity is there and I'd already sorted the time off. 

Have a good trip :thumbup:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

We're on the 21.50 Wizz Air from Luton tomorrow and back Thursday morning sometime.

It just seems a good chance to tick Albania off the list whilst the opportunity is there and I'd already sorted the time off. 

Have a good trip :thumbup:

You too. We are probably on the same flight back then!

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

I'm on the 21.50 tonight, which is now 2hrs late ALREADY, 3 and I get some money back I think!!!  Very helpful as I am still in Leics!!!

To get money back It is a delay over 5 hours with wizz , 3 hours you get a food voucher and a couple of free phone calls / Flight I was meant to be on took off 3 hours late , I'm same as you , still in Leicester 

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was going to be flying to Kosovo tomorrow and convoying in hire cars over the border. £65 return. Tifo was on the cards as well. :thumbdown:

And I bet a few smoke bombs and Pyros aswell to match Feyenoord's inevitable ones.

We would have been in Tirana as I'm typing this...😥😥

14 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yep in the air in 24 hours. Looking forward to it 

Well done that man. One of the few to still travel.....

Are you supporting Feyenoord, and if so are you watching it with their fans in their fan zone ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Can you do me a favour please ? As I'm not going now, in my absence, can you watch Dinamo Tirana on Thursday on my behalf....😂😂

Genuinely, we had planned it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coolcol said:

Well done that man. One of the few to still travel.....

Are you supporting Feyenoord, and if so are you watching it with their fans in their fan zone ?

Haha couldn’t really care less about the game. Planning to do a day trip into Kosovo on matchday. Interested to see an authentic European country before it descends into another template, mediocre, nondescript beach holiday destination! 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha couldn’t really care less about the game. Planning to do a day trip into Kosovo on matchday. Interested to see an authentic European country before it descends into another template, mediocre, nondescript beach holiday destination! 

Bang on.

Post photos please.

Good luck, watch your back, have fun.

My other half and his mate are on the way now.. at Gatwick and be there in Tirana 17.30 local time. they have a walking tour booked for tomorrow morning and hired a car to go to the coast on Thursday, look out for two older blokes!  ( one will be wearing a "pork pie hat" )  Kev and Charlie!

185105894_10222813313713461_5217539535225801852_n.jpg

Edited by Lestagirl
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

My other half and his mate are on the way now.. at Gatwick and be there in Tirana 17.30 local time. they have a walking tour booked for tomorrow morning and hired a car to go to the coast on Thursday, look out for two older blokes!  ( one will be wearing a "pork pie hat" )  Kev and Charlie!

185105894_10222813313713461_5217539535225801852_n.jpg

Lol.... I see that guy with the glasses/beard/pork pie hat every home game, 6 rows or so in front of us. We're in K block.