Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

World Cup General Chit Chat

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Considering  all the hullah ballu prior to the WC and the last min booze ban,  think the tournament  was up there with the best.

No stories of booze up English lads scrapping with the Qataris , maybe no alcohol at football and mixed fans in stadiums  is the future!!!

Yes it was brilliant. No alcohol at games is a great idea. If people can’t go 90 odd minutes without having to have a beer it’s a sad day.

One of my best mates lives in Dubai and attended quite a few games, particularly the England games. He said it was about a 90 minute flight.

He reported everything ran like clockwork, there was no trouble, the atmosphere was great at most of the games (apart from USA) and that the stadia were amazing. 
He loves a drink! But was more than happy to not drink at the games.

We could learn plenty here in terms of how the tournament ran. Imo.

But we know that the Brits would demand to drink at games and they’d bleat on about it so much that it’d happen.

Edited by Col city fan

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes it was brilliant. No alcohol at games is a great idea. If people can’t go 90 odd minutes without having to have a beer it’s a sad day.

One of my best mates lives in Dubai and attended quite a few games, particularly the England games. He said it was about a 90 minute flight.

He reported everything ran like clockwork, there was no trouble, the atmosphere was great at most of the games (apart from USA) and that the stadia were amazing. 
He loves a drink! But was more than happy to not drink at the games.

We could learn plenty here in terms of how the tournament ran. Imo.

But we know that the Brits would demand to drink at games and they’d bleat on about it so much that it’d happen.

Imagine British football fans without alcohol at a football game??? 🤣🤣🤣

I'm teetotal  and I cringe at some of the sights at games, truly bewildered  by the actions of supporters.

"Its the culture innit"!!!

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

Imagine British football fans without alcohol at a football game??? 🤣🤣🤣

I'm teetotal  and I cringe at some of the sights at games, truly bewildered  by the actions of supporters.

"Its the culture innit"!!!

Each to their own mate I guess. I don’t drink anymore either but used to like a lager before games. It’s this thing about having to drink AT games that I question. Some people literally can’t enjoy themselves unless they are half cut and I’m convinced it leads to more lary behaviour cos someone pissed up loses inhibition.

I’d ban booze at games personally. If people want a drink, do it around the ground rather than in it.

Just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Each to their own mate I guess. I don’t drink anymore either but used to like a lager before games. It’s this thing about having to drink AT games that I question. Some people literally can’t enjoy themselves unless they are half cut and I’m convinced it leads to more lary behaviour cos someone pissed up loses inhibition.

I’d ban booze at games personally. If people want a drink, do it around the ground rather than in it.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you totally.

The amount of d1cks at games sometimes makes me feel not going.

We both know it'll never happen in this country though. 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Considering  all the hullah ballu prior to the WC and the last min booze ban,  think the tournament  was up there with the best.

No stories of booze up English lads scrapping with the Qataris , maybe no alcohol at football and mixed fans in stadiums  is the future!!!

Don't think I’ve cared for a World Cup less to be honest. There’s been some good games but it’s been thoroughly crap having the season froze for it, I wasn’t all that bothered for England games (I’ve been desperate to watch every game in the last couple tournaments) and I didn’t watch anything after we went out. 

‘Hullah ballu’ you could argue is a mild way to put what the apprehension people had about Qatar, but moving it to mid-winter ruined it for me. What a load of bellends do scrapping amongst themselves doesn’t concern me particularly but everything that went into this tournament made it automatically more forgettable for me. Can’t wait for the proper football back. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Don't think I’ve cared for a World Cup less to be honest. There’s been some good games but it’s been thoroughly crap having the season froze for it, I wasn’t all that bothered for England games (I’ve been desperate to watch every game in the last couple tournaments) and I didn’t watch anything after we went out. 

‘Hullah ballu’ you could argue is a mild way to put what the apprehension people had about Qatar, but moving it to mid-winter ruined it for me. What a load of bellends do scrapping amongst themselves doesn’t concern me particularly but everything that went into this tournament made it automatically more forgettable for me. Can’t wait for the proper football back. 

Bet your fun!!!

• Haha 1

On 19/12/2022 at 18:32, Raj said:

Bet your fun!!!

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Reading some of the guff on here is enough to start you drinking!

I mean, it’s just my opinion? I didn’t enjoy it that much, I apologise if it spoiled your evening that not everyone enjoyed a winter World Cup crammed in the middle of a season in an oil baron state…

I totally sympathize and I’m full agreement that Qatar should never have won their bid with so much controversy but that’s like saying FIFA should have been disbanded years ago after getting busted by the feds but here we are still. Politics aside of which there is so much of it in our daily lives that it’s bloody exhausting I really enjoyed for s few short weeks checking out and just enjoying the beautiful game for what it was.

in that sense it was one of the best in recent memory!

• Like 1

When the dust settles though, I personally think people will not necessarily be able to remember sections of this World Cup. 

World Cup’s bizarrely need connection with your own experiences and memories - the hosting of it over the winter just hasn’t facilitated that in the same way. On the reverse even before winning it, you’ve seen images from Argentina you wouldn’t normally see (same applies to Australia).  

For example, I’ll probably remember the Panama game more in 2018 when the Sunday felt like a bank holiday than me having the day off to watch us against Iran this year 

320885023_689328599406072_64596626207635

If you don't know all the flags

New FIFA Ranking top 20: 📊
1. 🇧🇷Brazil
2. 🇦🇷Argentina
3. 🇫🇷France
4. 🇧🇪Belgium
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England
6. 🇳🇱Netherlands
7. 🇭🇷Croatia
8. 🇮🇹Italy
9. 🇵🇹Portugal