Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63713326

China the first casualty from the calendar.  For the best tbh, it's too long.

February 23-25    Pre-season testing    Sakhir
March 5    Bahrain    Sakhir
March 19    Saudi Arabia    Jeddah
April 2    Australia    Melbourne
April 16    China    Shanghai
April 30    Azerbaijan    Baku
May 7    Miami    Miami
May 21    Emilia Romagna    Imola
May 28    Monaco    Monaco
June 4    Spain    Barcelona
June 18    Canada    Montreal
July 2    Austria    Spielberg
July 9    United Kingdom    Silverstone
July 23    Hungary    Budapest
July 30    Belgium    Spa
August 27    Netherlands    Zandvoort
September 3    Italy    Monza
September 17    Singapore    Singapore
September 24    Japan    Suzuka
October 8    Qatar    Lusail
October 22    USA    Austin
October 29    Mexico    Mexico City
November 5    Brazil    Sao Paulo
November 18    Las Vegas    Las Vegas*
November 26    Abu Dhabi    Yas Marina

I’ve been to the Chinese GP and it’s my second-closest race but it’s not a big loss tbh, even though the track itself was is pretty good. The calendar is too long and this thins it out a little, long gap between Australia and Baku now though. 

39 minutes ago, Asha said:

I’ve been to the Chinese GP and it’s my second-closest race but it’s not a big loss tbh, even though the track itself was is pretty good. The calendar is too long and this thins it out a little, long gap between Australia and Baku now though. 

Does leave a hefty gap in April, wonder if they'll find a replacement or give the teams a break.  Hope it's the latter.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Three races in one country is overkill, regardless of the size of the country. 

I’ve seen this comment a lot, me personally I don’t see an issue USA is nearly the same size as the whole of Europe, There’s two races in Italy and nearly of that country is mountains and can’t recall seeing anyone having an issue with that 

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’ve seen this comment a lot, me personally I don’t see an issue USA is nearly the same size as the whole of Europe, There’s two races in Italy and nearly of that country is mountains and can’t recall seeing anyone having an issue with that 

I don't agree with that either, but the most it's been in any country is 2, now we have 3 in one. Canada is bigger and has only ever had 1 race, China and Russia too.

Also the Imola race was traditionally called the San Marino grand prix, just goes by a different name now, which is probably why nobody really gave it much attention in the past. 

Anyways its a bloated calendar next year, one of those US races wasn't needed.

Edited by Facecloth

36 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Wouldn't be surprised if France alternates with Spa from 2024, Spa was only extended for an extra year past this year

Spa has become pretty dull over the past few years, the Hubert death seems to have had a bit of an impact.

It’s mad that they’ve never built a decent track in France in a decent location. I liked Magny Cours but was apparently impossible to get to, Paul Ricard is a bit meh, Le Mans would be great but I think they’d only use the Moto GP circuit? 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I don't agree with that either, but the most it's been in any country is 2, now we have 3 in one. Canada is bigger and has only ever had 1 race, China and Russia too.

Also the Imola race was traditionally called the San Marino grand prix, just goes by a different name now, which is probably why nobody really gave it much attention in the past. 

Anyways its a bloated calendar next year, one of those US races wasn't needed.

And when California, New York and Indianapolis want a race and all offer some $, FOM/Liberty will be absolutely frothing to kick Spa, Zandvoort and Monza out to make way. 

I'm not trying to be dramatic but give it ten years and 75% of the calendar will be US and Middle East races. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It's a fair point, but Monza and Imola have so much history and status within the sport.

A fvcking car park in Vegas and fvckstick track around the Miami American football stadium are not. It's purely $$$.

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2022 at 15:49, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If ferrari can get it together think Le clerc is as good a driver as any of them. Need new blood up top though, think max will walk it again. 

On 23/11/2022 at 15:49, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If ferrari can get it together think Le clerc is as good a driver as any of them. Need new blood up top though, think max will walk it again. 

Another new man at the head of Ferrari .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63758235

12 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63831931

Chinese GP officially off. Not a surprise. As discussed earlier, not a huge loss to the calendar and nice to give the staff a break. Just hope they don't plonk a replacement circuit in to fill the gap. 

I wonder if they will ever go back to China?

The country seems to be in permanent lockdown.. 

Edited by Super_horns

With the sport hitting new heights popularity-wise it’s a crying shame that there’s still a good 8 or 9 tracks on their that are just pure rubbish. 

France, Germany, Turkey and Malaysia stick out as countries/circuits that need to return.

Some Go-karting tracks on there too that simply aren’t fit for grand prix.

Way too many Middle East circuits. 

10 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

With the sport hitting new heights popularity-wise it’s a crying shame that there’s still a good 8 or 9 tracks on their that are just pure rubbish. 

France, Germany, Turkey and Malaysia stick out as countries/circuits that need to return.

Some Go-karting tracks on there too that simply aren’t fit for grand prix.

Way too many Middle East circuits. 

See my previous comment. They're here to stay 

Tbh Bahrain is a great circuit, Abu Dhabi is now better than it was and there's no other track on the calendar like Jeddah. The track they raced at in Qatar a few years ago is nothing special at all but think they're building a new track for F1 for 2024?? Might be too many races for a small region but I don't think those tracks are specifically a problem