Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

17 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

I don't know why they call them car launches, all it ever is is the latest livery on last years car. Absolutely pointless

Like most things in sport these are events for broadcast and commercial purposes, no need for fans to pay attention to any of this tat, much like player interviews in football

Happened to catch the start of the Red Bull 2023 car launch on YouTube and had to turn it off within a minute. 

F1 is going to become sickeningly and unbearably American.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR SERGIO "MEXICAN MINISTER OF DEFENCE" PEREZ. 

7 minutes ago, Asha said:

Happened to catch the start of the Red Bull 2023 car launch on YouTube and had to turn it off within a minute. 

F1 is going to become sickeningly and unbearably American.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR SERGIO "MEXICAN MINISTER OF DEFENCE" PEREZ. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/64509697

What do you mean "more American..."?

Didn't predict that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Asha said:

Pointless even looking at times. Mercedes love a sandbag. 

You said this last year, and the car was just absolutely awful.

It looks like it turns like Harry Maguire this year, though everyone said they were running heavy yesterday 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

You said this last year, and the car was just absolutely awful.

It looks like it turns like Harry Maguire this year, though everyone said they were running heavy yesterday 

I’d love to be wrong 😆 

Just got a feeling they’ll be strong again and Russell will romp to the title. 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

I’d love to be wrong 😆 

Hoping for a tight title battle and some good racing this year. Fingers crossed the season isn't marred by the FIA being centre of attention all year 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

I’d love to be wrong 😆 

As much as I'd love Russel to do that, I want 3 or 4 challenging this year. Throw the fezzers in there, maybe with Nando in the Green Red Bull as well if it is as pacey as it looks

Hope to be wrong, and it for to be competitive as it briefly looked like being last year, but can see this being another walk in the park for RB.  Personally think it will be more dominant than last season as they had some shocking reliability at the start let's not forget.  History suggests whoever nails major reg changes is locked in for good as it's practically impossible to close the technical gaps due to limited testing and development now.  Bit like FFP it locks in those with the advantage already.  It took years of rule tweaks to dislogdge Merc owning the turbo hybrid era culminating in 2021 regs that were literally designed to hit their design philosophy (even that ended with them still having the best car in final half of the season). RB 2010-2013, Merc 2014-2020 and RB 2020-?.

2020 showed how amazing F1 is with close racing at the top and really hope we get back to that sooner rather than later.  Last season was so frustrating as Ferrari gave us hope it'd be more interesting than it turned out to be.

Think we're all in for disappointment again this year. I don't even think it'll be Ferrari incompetency this time that causes the run away win, just nobody is close.

Perez will be nowhere near either (not that he'd have a chance anyway, the cars designed for Max, and Karen would stop him challenging the golden boy immediately).

Its going to be pants.

• Like 2