Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

6 sprint races next year !

6 more chances for Verstappen to win and for the FIA to make money .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63885725

The quality of them will pretty much depend on the track and conditions in qualifying as we saw in Brazil which actually had a decent one .

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

China had some classic races so sad to see it go for let’s be honest two soulless yank races that are gonna be shit 

Hopefully with covid rules changing we’ll see a race there in 2024 there, as I agree it’s a great circuit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2022 at 16:02, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopefully Ferrari and Merc are better next year. Also hoping I get back into it, but last season really left a lasting sour taste.

Hopefully there will be no more Red Bull stitch ups, and it will be a truly competitive season.

I can't believe the last 2 seasons have been wrecked by crap implementation of rules and outright cheating.

On 07/12/2022 at 12:29, Super_horns said:

6 sprint races next year !

6 more chances for Verstappen to win and for the FIA to make money .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63885725

The quality of them will pretty much depend on the track and conditions in qualifying as we saw in Brazil which actually had a decent one .

I like the sprints.

However, there should either be straight qualifying, or sprints for the whole season, NOT select tracks, which could be chosen to suit a particular team *coughs we don't cheat here, do we *coughs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Poor Jennie Gow.

Only 45 and suffered a stroke.

Wish her all the best in her recovery.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2023/01/13/bbc-f1-presenter-jennie-gow-recovering-serious-stroke/

That unbelievable. My next door neighbour had a massive stroke 6 weeks ago. She is only in her early 50's. It happened during a meeting at work in London. Its going to be a long road to recovery, and she still has very limited movement on the left side of her body. Wishing Jennie Gow all the best in her recovery too. Life can be an evil git sometimes.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Nick said:

I’d really like it if this year we see a more competitive spread across the field in terms of car’s performances. There is so much driver talent out there and so few cars that have a realistic chance of competing.

I think everyone would like that but it never happens, will be between the Merc and Redbull this year. 

I'm still trying to find a driver to get behind, been a Max fan for the last few years but the way he treated Perez at the end of last season has put me right off the tw@t. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I think everyone would like that but it never happens, will be between the Merc and Redbull this year. 

I'm still trying to find a driver to get behind, been a Max fan for the last few years but the way he treated Perez at the end of last season has put me right off the tw@t. 

Interesting that you think the Merc's will be competitive again. I too have some issues really engaging with a driver to support! If I'm honest I have such respect for Lewis as a driver and think he was done over a couple of seasons ago and should have had another world championship and been able to retire with the record. I loved Max when he burst on to the F1 scene with a racey take no prisoners young pretender but have lost respect for him in the last couple of years (Russell is in danger of falling into this category too for me). Maybe because they are racers they are all spoilt entitled little shits? Always liked Jenson, Ricciardo, Norris but the latter two haven't really been in competitive cars. If it's between Hamilton/Russell and Verstappen this year, I hope the Mercs beat him. It'd be great to see a no team orders Marc battle at the front - that'd be very interesting to watch.

• Like 1

I'd like Hamilton to win that 8th because otherwise I'll probably always be a bit resentful over that title decider but I'd be surprised if he does, would need the merc to be strongest and then I'm not sure he beats Russel now anyway. Of the younger crop of drivers Leclerc is probably the most likable but happy to support Russel and Norris.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Interesting that you think the Merc's will be competitive again. I too have some issues really engaging with a driver to support! If I'm honest I have such respect for Lewis as a driver and think he was done over a couple of seasons ago and should have had another world championship and been able to retire with the record. I loved Max when he burst on to the F1 scene with a racey take no prisoners young pretender but have lost respect for him in the last couple of years (Russell is in danger of falling into this category too for me). Maybe because they are racers they are all spoilt entitled little shits? Always liked Jenson, Ricciardo, Norris but the latter two haven't really been in competitive cars. If it's between Hamilton/Russell and Verstappen this year, I hope the Mercs beat him. It'd be great to see a no team orders Marc battle at the front - that'd be very interesting to watch.

I think the Mercs got their act together towards the end of last year but as they were so uncompetitive for the first half of the season I think they will have been focussing on this year well before the others. 

Russel has turned into a whiny bitch but as you say, probably is due to the spoilt bastards getting the smoke blown up their arses their whole lives. 

I don't really know who I will follow. Most likely to be Perez as I think he's a decent driver and one of the "good guys" on the grid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Out of interest what does Russell done to upset you?

Agree with an above post saying it's Red Bull v Mercedes. Ferrari will hopefully still fight for some wins and I'm interested what the Vasseur era will look like. 

Based on last year, I think it's Verstappen v Russell for the title. Whichever of Perez and Hamilton (probably the latter) plays the best supporting role will decide it along with the Constructors.

4 hours ago, Stinky said:

Out of interest what does Russell done to upset you?

Nowt really, other than just being a bit posh and a little entitled… (I did say I think being ‘in danger of falling into that bracket’). I think he’s dealt with his transition to his role at Mercedes quite well in all honesty but I’m not quite a fanboy yet.

3 hours ago, Asha said:

Jesus, I must have missed Russell being a cvnt all year (or at all), but I remember Button suddenly getting a lot of shít when he upstaged Hamilton too. 

Im not calling him that or anything like that nor are my feelings toward related to Hamilton or getting more points than him!

Edited by Nick

Can't see Mercedes being anywhere near again this year. They may get the aero's right, but the engines are locked in for another 3 years, and they were down power to both Ferrari and Red Bull last year due to the way they've set it up.

Ferrari the only likely contender, IF they get the reliability of the PU sorted, and stop going down to plan Z. Everyone else will just disappear out of the rear view mirrors of those two teams again I think 

• 2 weeks later...