Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

Bloody hell, F1 have a complete and utter full house on 'corporate social responsibility buzzword bingo' on their human rights statement.

A statement from F1 said: "For decades Formula 1 has worked hard to be a positive force everywhere it races, including economic, social, and cultural benefits.

"Sports like F1 are uniquely positioned to cross borders and cultures to bring countries and communities together to share the passion and excitement of incredible competition and achievement.

"We take our responsibilities very seriously and have made our position on human rights and other issues clear to all our partners and host countries who commit to respect human rights in the way their events are hosted and delivered."

Bravo F1, bravo!

I'm well out of kilter with this. But Horner is exactly the sort of superficially successful man who would marry a spice girl. Beckhamesque. They are both prats. Let that be a lesson to you and me.

Edited by trabuch

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

I'm well out of kilter with this. But Horner is exactly the sort of superficially successful man who would marry a spice girl. Beckhamesque. They are both prats. Let that be a lesson to you and me.

Superficially successful?? He’s not Harry Kane. Like him or not hes won everything and is a fearsome competitor. Rode through the Mercedes dominance years and now back on top 

45 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Superficially successful?? He’s not Harry Kane. Like him or not hes won everything and is a fearsome competitor. Rode through the Mercedes dominance years and now back on top 

If you think getting other people to play at cars is a measure of success - then yes, he's done well.

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The only question about him I've ever had is: Is he genuine or is he slick?  Still not answered yet.

I can't stand Horner. Fair play he's a hugely successful guy and I get like all team principals, especially the successful ones, he goes above and beyond to fight his corner. He just has a manner about him I can't stomach, smug, self satisfied, if you close your eyes he sounds identical to Tim Henman as well, which isn't a compliment. Comes across as the sort who'd sell his gran for just below the asking price. 

And Toto Wolff comes across as a total ****. 

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

The only question about him I've ever had is: Is he genuine or is he slick?  Still not answered yet.

I can’t stand him and verstappen, both smug idiots and it’s painful to see red bull dominating. But it would be pretty dumb to suggest both of them are not world class at what they do 

• Like 2