Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah but I also include the some of the dross over the past year or so

Fair enough, there has an overload of it this year for sure, but I just think that with a new manager, beyond a new manager bounce, this squad would show it is just not tough and resilient enough

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t know where to post this, but just had a splendid afternoon’s football watching Coalville Town. It was a tad nippy tbf, but coffee, burgers and good, honest football made it worth it. 
Really good game. Coalville beating the battling Barwell by 3-2.

Made me realise again just how far removed modern day, top flight football has become the normal working man. And when I see a side like Leicester bottling it like they did yesterday, how I’m not as bothered as I would have been when I was watching City under the likes of Little and ONeill.

Christ it’s all so sanitised these days. Literally the whole thing is about money in the top flight.

Welcome to my world 

Enjoy watching CT so much more these days. 

• Like 2

Well that was enjoyable from an NUFC perspective. 

While our high press and intensity was there from the off, it felt like Leicester never really got going. I'd have furious if we'd conceded the first, the defence gave the ball away twice and then Amartey commits to a relentlessly thick challenge.

Anyway see you in a couple of weeks, I'm sure you'll be far more competitive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jawdee said:

While our high press and intensity was there from the off, it felt like Leicester never really got going. I'd have furious if we'd conceded the first, the defence gave the ball away twice and then Amartey commits to a relentlessly thick challenge.

Relentlessly thick challenge 

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

Kudos for the chant to faes ‘you’re just a shite coloccini’ ….. needed a laugh at that stage 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Rodgers style of play, especially at home, excites video analysts, not supporters. Our attempts to get back into games late is pitiful. 

Our statistics are shocking for the quality we have. 

I'm a casual statto and I'm unimpressed by that as well. As a supporter it's painful stuff. We are as dull as anybody to watch.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Football, styles, manager, players attitude aside the club seriously desperately need to do something because the amount of people being turned off by it all is alarming, I say this myself as someone who has been disinterested and apathetic for quite some time now, I felt alone on this but as time goes on it seems many others also have felt the same way as me for quite some time or they are becoming that way.

Whilst I say football, styles, management to one side - they are my main issues but generally the 'matchday experience' is just awful, no-one wants to go but they go out of habit, because they've bought their tickets, it's a chore. (The phrase 'matchday experience' is part of the problem even though i've just used it lol)

The last couple of seasons i'd love to have not renewed but I know if I give it up i'll struggle to get it back or it'll cost alot more to get it back, I think this is the case with alot of people and they've got you by the bollocks.

It's been mentioned the club read this forum, I seriously hope they take feedback on board.

Ten years ago, even at 3-0 down, that ground would still be 90% full in the 80th minute. I reckon by 70 it was 50% or more had gone home. The family stand had more people in at 2 o'clock than at 4.30. Most drifted away not even arsed if we'd somehow got a goal or two back. I totally empathise with most of what you've said above, the connection with the team has gone and definitely the club,I get more of a buzz having a catch up with my mate I sit with than the football right now and I don't even know how that changes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, somebum said:

Bren_da is slowing sucking all life out of the club. Top needs to go as well.

Come on.   I am guessing you have not been following this Club for too many years?

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For anyone who hasn’t seen this, just look at the defending for all three of Newcastle’s goals. 
It really is Mickey Mouse stuff. 
As far removed from top flight defending as you’re ever likely to see

Didn’t realise until seeing that just how bad Soumare was for all three goals 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For anyone who hasn’t seen this, just look at the defending for all three of Newcastle’s goals. 

Nope - I don't want to see any of that again ;) :P  Will we be any better in the next match though? :please:

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The half arsed dangling foot from Soumare for the second goal FFS.  I've supported him before but that's absolutely indefensible.  Just cannot be bothered.  

15 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

The half arsed dangling foot from Soumare for the second goal FFS.  I've supported him before but that's absolutely indefensible.  Just cannot be bothered.  

Once again he loses the ball and fails to try to make amends by chasing back. He has a poor attitude - as if he's doing City a favour by turning up. No team, whatever their status can afford a half-hearted, 50% player who, unlike Madders, only displays his abilities in fits-and-starts.

But, give away a penalty minutes into a game against a team who are chasing the title, then you're playing catch up for the rest of the game. Picking Soumare leaves an N'Didi sized hole in front of the back four. Tielemans was back to being sloppy again.

Come the summer the result of Rodgers fading influence, toxic favouritism and poor team selections will leave City denuded of its potential. Söyüncü, Madders and Tielemans will be gone. Rodgers, as ever, is more concerned about his own image than the cohesiveness of the team. We're back to a separation of 5 points. All that confidence accrued before Qatar seems to have evaporated. Hopefully, judging by the way a Madders-lite team actually did succeed in testing Newcastle in the moments when the Toons weren't scoring soft goals, we will probably stay up. But we're going to be up against it in 23-24. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

Once again he loses the ball and fails to try to make amends by chasing back. He has a poor attitude - as if he's doing City a favour by turning up. No team, whatever their status can afford a half-hearted, 50% player who, unlike Madders, only displays his abilities in fits-and-starts.

But, give away a penalty minutes into a game against a team who are chasing the title, then you're playing catch up for the rest of the game. Picking Soumare leaves an N'Didi sized hole in front of the back four. Tielemans was back to being sloppy again.

Come the summer the result of Rodgers fading influence, toxic favouritism and poor team selections will leave City denuded of its potential. Söyüncü, Madders and Tielemans will be gone. Rodgers, as ever, is more concerned about his own image than the cohesiveness of the team. We're back to a separation of 5 points. All that confidence accrued before Qatar seems to have evaporated. Hopefully, judging by the way a Madders-lite team actually did succeed in testing Newcastle in the moments when the Toons weren't scoring soft goals, we will probably stay up. But we're going to be up against it in 23-24. 

There is a torpor around the entire club.  People here have said it before, from the fanbase to the ownership things need to be revitalised.  

I have never particularly liked Rodgers or his style of play but his squad management and stubbornness/ego are what damns him.  Getting rid would be the first step towards a damn good shake up.  But there seems no appetite at the top (pardon the pun) to bin him.  

I do think, though, that the first 11 we currently have, particularly at the back, is not near good enough for where we have been and needs investment as does the blasted right wing position.  We need leaders.  Add to that the inevitable departure of Tielemans and Maddison and we need some serious investment or exceptional recruitment.

Is that down to Rodgers or poor recruitment/squad management and bad luck with injuries and form? It's probably a bit of everything.  I certainly don't like having so many players running down their contracts as I don't think it engenders much of a team spirit.  

Ultimately the culture, desire and mindset overall of the team is led by the manager and I don't think Rodgers is doing near well enough with any of that.  You just don't know what City is going to turn up on a given match day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1