Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Snow

Just been to Loughborough from Markfield and roads are clear but a lot of spray in places from the melting snow. Speaks of being  -5 at 6pm down to -8 at midnight so certainly wont fancy driving on the roads if that is the case

It was horrendous this morning on the way to work on my bike, started has rain, was sleet with high winds after a couple of minutes, was a blizzard by the time I was going past the KingPower, was slippery by the time I reached Frog Island and then was really coming down thick and fast as I went up Anstey Lane, had to walk the final  bit into work because I was exhausted and the cycle was sliding too much.

Just glad it melted away before heading for home.

2 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Just been to Loughborough from Markfield and roads are clear but a lot of spray in places from the melting snow. Speaks of being  -5 at 6pm down to -8 at midnight so certainly wont fancy driving on the roads if that is the case

Going to be an awful lot of icy roads tonight. Only ventured across the road to the woods today, but a significant amount of water around. Ponding under the snow. We cross a brook into holly hayes wood and meadows, which had double the water level of yesterday.

Booked a day off for the first time in a while so that me and the mrs could go out into town and get some lunch without the kids for the first time in probably 5-6 years and then wake up to messages saying the schools had shut , thanks for that 😂 still ended up going out but cost a lot more and wasn’t as quiet as I had hoped it would be 😂 was nice in the morning taking them out in the snow though. 

Wife had to patronise a feeble minded 4x4 owning surgeon into coming into work yesterday, risking life and limb on completely clear roads. 

People become so pathetic. This another reason I now hate snow.