Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Snow

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How is the weather in the shire, especially the M1 J22 area (Markfield etc)? I am due to perform there tonight and Chesterfield area isn't pretty.

Live in Markfield and have possibly 3-4 inches. It has stopped snowing now and doesnt speak of much more today. A50 was closed from Groby to Markfield but 1 lane now open. Hoping to get Loughborough early afternoon as our new pup is booked in for her first injection so will know more about the roads then. As it goes think should be ok later but will keep you posted

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ah my sister said something about the A50 - the venue I am playing at is very close to J22, which I assume is unaffected by the closure....

Living in Markfield, the gateway to the Leicestershire Alpes, I can report the A50 is shut due to abandoned cars (heard it's now opened ish).  Other routes in (via Copt Oak and the M1) are ok currently.

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

The forecast is for the snow to clear these parts this afternoon, with clear skies - sun this afternoon, cold tonight.

Sun melting snow followed by cold temperatures this evening sounds like a recipe for icy roads tonight, so take care.

• Like 1

Sounds like it might be cancelled to me, if it will be icy later. This concert has been cursed by Covid, then the death of the originator, and now this. Fingers crossed...

Anyone brave/interested enough can DM me if they are curious to hear me perform.

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How is the weather in the shire, especially the M1 J22 area (Markfield etc)? I am due to perform there tonight and Chesterfield area isn't pretty.

I live in Whitwick and couldn't get off the drive this morning. We've got nearly a foot of snow in the garden. 

There was a lorry blocking the road up to the Copt Oak area this morning.

I would imagine the main roads will be okay later as no more snow forecast now. 

This area always gets hit harder than the rest of the county

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am Chesterfield too :)

Got to work as I only live a 5 min walk away but not many of us in.

All hopefully okay for the game tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I am Chesterfield too :)

Got to work as I only live a 5 min walk away but not many of us in.

All hopefully okay for the game tomorrow.

The hardest bit for me will be getting out of my village to the A road - should be ok after that.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

The hardest bit for me will be getting out of my village to the A road - should be ok after that.

I thought the villages around were the issue. I live and work on the main road and was able to just walk straight down the road.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I thought the villages around were the issue. I live and work on the main road and was able to just walk straight down the road.

Harder still will be when I get back tonight and it's -10...

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

That’s not snow related though.

• Haha 1