Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Hard to Believe (but true)

9 hours ago, bovril said:

Fair enough. Sorry if I come over as a little cranky. I feel like I'm constantly told 'woke' either doesn't really exist or is something totally benign, when at the same time I see it used to describe developments I believe are very negative. 

Woke is essentially political correctness, but not driven by the PC brigade but rather social media. Like political correctness it is essentially the right thing to do or say, but people also tend to push back when they are being told what to say, that then creates a more extreme reaction from the woke folk. Like political correctness it is also ripe for ridicule and prone to absurdity, see OP. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2023 at 06:57, LiberalFox said:

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English. 

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Example? :ph34r:

I've filled in many on-line forms where I have declared myself English/British.

I've been summarily beaten by the political police several times on my own driveway. I still insist on declaring my nationality.

Those feckers won't ever get the better of me. I'm British, after all and I have a stiff (and often swollen) upper lip.

• Haha 1