Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Paul Kitson for Phil Gee and Ian Ormondroyd Derby swap deal

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Although I was at all of the matches his commentary is like the soundtrack to it.

It’s true, our title winning season is similar for me, mainly radio commentary mind as I’d often go home and put my earphones in and listen to the 5live commentary in bed. I can still hear the commentator now after the liverpool home game I think it was excitedly shout “there’re going to do it, they’re going to do it”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, here it is, I’m sure those that have seen it or was there will love watching it too, I always do.  Really was a special night after years of shit, just after pleat. For me, the rise of Leicester, despite the odd bump, to the trophies and success we’ve had all started this season. Technically the football probably wasn’t as good as today but **** me it was exciting. 

One of favourite games ever! I was the mascot & it was the night I fell in love with City!! Great memories!! 

Can anyone name the 3 Cambridge players in there starting 11 who went on to play for us?!?! (Without cheating) !!

11 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, here it is, I’m sure those that have seen it or was there will love watching it too, I always do.  Really was a special night after years of shit, just after pleat. For me, the rise of Leicester, despite the odd bump, to the trophies and success we’ve had all started this season. Technically the football probably wasn’t as good as today but **** me it was exciting. 

were you the mascot on any other occasions - what was your record like?

4 hours ago, Albert said:

One of favourite games ever! I was the mascot & it was the night I fell in love with City!! Great memories!! 

Can anyone name the 3 Cambridge players in there starting 11 who went on to play for us?!?! (Without cheating) !!

Claridge, Dublin and Philpott.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I love watching the old highlights nights like that at Filbert Street. Would be great if with vr technology they could recreate nights like that put your vr set on and watch the match from where you want with all the old stands and sounds and sights, the bloke next to you screaming at you as we score the injury time winner. 

Wasn’t one of more popular chants to the away end, “You’re going home in a Leicester ambulance!”. Just a fence/mesh between them too. 

What a night v Cambridge. They hammered us 5-1 in the league but over the course of the season we got to grips with their style of play, beat them in the run in, then held them in the 1st leg before the 5-0. 

I remember Grayson (I think) weaving through for the 2nd goal, ball rebounded to Tommo who made no mistake. The crowd surge in pen 3 as Grayson went on the run! 

Tommy Wright was sensational that night, who could forget John Beck ruffling Brian Littles hair post match and calling him a 'lacky grey haired barstard' on the Central TV highlights. 

• Haha 2

On 25/06/2023 at 16:13, CrazyKopCorner said:

I know I should let it go but you can’t help compare the sheer commitment of those players to the Lilly livered efforts of those snow flake players last 

You say that but the 90/91 squad appeared to be the least dedicated I've ever seen with 4 or 5 exceptions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Albert said:

Dublin, Claridge and Philpott?

Edited by Foxmeister

The worst game of football I've ever seen was an Anglo-Italian match against WBA circa 1993, I don't think there was a shot on target in the whole game, the nearest was an effort by Phil Gee that headed straight for me in a sparsely populated pen 3 and I inadvisably went to head it back, it knocked me off my feet and nearly unconscious.

16 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah it was a great night, we looked so good, I cant believe we blew it in the final.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The scenes when we made it 3-3 will stay with me forever though, Here's a pic I took as the players came out:-

DSCN1693

Correct me if I'm wrong but at 3-3, did we have a chance to score again shortly after, Oldfield? 

On 25/06/2023 at 21:46, Vlad the Fox said:

Those limbs after the Thompson goal 🫡. If like me you started following City in the 80s it was incomprehensible that we would ever play at Wembley. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Of course, however I'm responding to @purpleronniepost above with a picture and reference to 3-3 which was the Tommo equaliser in the Swindon game. 

Sorry, my bad.

Tommo's goal is in the top 5 of my best moments following the club for 46 years. Sublime finish under massive pressure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Sorry, my bad.

Tommo's goal is in the top 5 of my best moments following the club for 46 years. Sublime finish under massive pressure.

Yes I don't think many of us thought Joachims goal would spark such a comeback but Swindon crumbled as quickly as we did, and Tommo took the equaliser very well. I was down at Oxford when he scored on his debut, another great goal. 

On 25/06/2023 at 12:06, Col city fan said:

I was there that night. Brilliant match, brilliant times.

Steve Thompson was a fantastic central midfielder. One of my faves.

Steve Thompson, little Cruyff turn in the centre circle, ping perfect crossfield pass to the winger. Repeat ad nauseum. Very cultured player.