Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Paul Kitson for Phil Gee and Ian Ormondroyd Derby swap deal

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

And I'll maintain that we got the better end of the deal. 

Yes I agree. Though when I found out about the deal reading the back page of the Mercury over the shoulder of the chap sat in front of me on the bus I was livid, but has it happened it worked out best for us. 

“Who needs cantana when we’ve got Ormondroyd”

• Like 1

My favourite transfer of all time.I thought we had Derbys pants down on this.We also got a healthy chunk of money thrown in as part of the deal.Really didn’t rate Kitson but loved big O and Gee was decent.

It kicked started our season after we had been in a bit of a lull.The extra cash went on team strengthening.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

‘Sticks’ was a proper cult hero for City!

And Phil Gee’s mullet will live in legend!

Didnt we get Bobby Davison in from Derby too, around that time?

We got Davison from Leeds for a very reasonable 50 G.He made over 200 appearances for Derby before that so he was always associated with them.He knew where the back of the net was and had a great start for us.Unfortunately he blanked Brian Little while on the coach one day and that was that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Worth it just for that night when Gee turned into prime Ronaldo and rinsed his old team. Alan Parry and Jimmy Greaves on comms. What times.

I love how football used to be… get the ball and get it into the 18 yard box as quick as you can.. and if you lose it, get get back quick as you know it’s coming back immediately… much more entertaining.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

We got Davison from Leeds for a very reasonable 50 G.He made over 200 appearances for Derby before that so he was always associated with them.He knew where the back of the net was and had a great start for us.Unfortunately he blanked Brian Little while on the coach one day and that was that.

it’s amazing now hearing us talk about getting decent players for 50k lol

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I love how football used to be… get the ball and get it into the 18 yard box as quick as you can.. and if you lose it, get get back quick as you know it’s coming back immediately… much more entertaining.

Football back then was so haphazard and frantic compared to today's possession based game. And dare I say it, quite basic. But it was an entertaining spectacle nonetheless.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I remember seeing a rocket free kick at filbo from Gee, can't remember who is was against, Cambridge utd rings a bell

I remember the 3-2 game v Derby where Gee and Stevie Thompson scored  crackers and Kitson was on the losing side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Tend to agree. In todays age of striving for technical and tactical perfection we've lost a lot of what made football so exciting, the freedom and spontaneity, risk, flare, errors and jeopardy and a shed load of character. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Tend to agree. In todays age of striving for technical and tactical perfection we've lost a lot of what made football so exciting, the freedom and spontaneity, risk, flare, errors and jeopardy and a shed load of character. 

And notice the atmosphere and noise that 18,000 spectators could generate at Filbert Street without the aid of goal music.

• Like 1

I love watching the old highlights nights like that at Filbert Street. Would be great if with vr technology they could recreate nights like that put your vr set on and watch the match from where you want with all the old stands and sounds and sights, the bloke next to you screaming at you as we score the injury time winner. 

• Like 2