Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

PADDY McCARTHY

Can't understand why folk on here are slating him after his sending-off at Leeds on Saturday.

Yes, he did go OTT, even if the linesman was a brain-dead cretin who forgot the law of the game relating to offside.

But how many times did Walshie lose it, and get himself an early bath through an equal loss of self-control?

Most FOXES forgave him for the occasional lapses, because we remember how he inspired the team with his spirit, passion and commitment. These are qualities which Paddy has developed during his time with us, together with a fair amount of skill which wasn't always evident in his early days in the side.

Look at the top players in recent years, such as Keane, Vieira and Rooney. They play on the edge and sometimes they go over it.

It would be stretching it a little at the moment to say Paddy belongs in that company. But I hope the weekend's events do not cause him to lose his drive and ambition for the club.

I can see him being a great leader for us on the pitch, and I hope the manager can too.

He could be the cornerstone of the FOXES' defence for the next decade, and maybe even reach the heights that Walsh did.

Can't understand why folk on here are slating him after his sending-off at Leeds on Saturday.

Yes, he did go OTT, even if the linesman was a brain-dead cretin who forgot the law of the game relating to offside.

But how many times did Walshie lose it, and get himself an early bath through an equal loss of self-control?

Most FOXES forgave him for the occasional lapses, because we remember how he inspired the team with his spirit, passion and commitment. These are qualities which Paddy has developed during his time with us, together with a fair amount of skill which wasn't always evident in his early days in the side.

Look at the top players in recent years, such as Keane, Vieira and Rooney. They play on the edge and sometimes they go over it.

It would be stretching it a little at the moment to say Paddy belongs in that company. But I hope the weekend's events do not cause him to lose his drive and ambition for the club.

I can see him being a great leader for us on the pitch, and I hope the manager can too.

He could be the cornerstone of the FOXES' defence for the next decade, and maybe even reach the heights that Walsh did.

I said exactly the same yesterday at the game :D

I think Paddy has the potential to really be a City legend if he stays loyal.

Love passionate players :devil:

If he's going to be Walshy II, he's going to need a couple more red cards in quick succession.

He was a bit of a divot yesterday. But he smacks the ball into row-Z like he really means it and its good to see a bit of attitude creeping back into the team from him and one or two others.

Keep it up Paddy.

PADDY FOR CAPTAIN!

really dont care he get sent off it means nothing to me, whereas Maybury was just a general idiot when he got sent off and he deserved to lose his place in the team and be made to fight for it. but Paddy is different, he is a quality player, passionate and young! just what we really want at the club. i hope Levein can forgive and forget this one, fine him a week or 2 wages and let him back into the team for the Crewe game (i know he's still suspended for it but imo should be a 1 match ban.)

Spot on Syston Fox. McCarthy got sent quite simply cos the officials fkd up and he cared enough to let em know the truth. Result: they get away with it and we lose out double time. McCarthy's the sort of guy I'd always want on my cause even though I think he'll always be vulnerable to doing something daft. Great captain material especially if we can get him to put City's needs above his own emotions.

Let's get it in proportion. His sending off was no worse than missing open goals, simple tap in but we soon forgive those sort of things. I've seen McCarthy play really well and sometimes less well. But, like Joey, what you always get from him is 100 per cent and he was 100 per cent pissed off with that decision and so was I.

Top post Ultra. I cannot agree more. Was saying this the whole of Sunday to those critical of him.

Yes, he messed up, but he is only young and learning. Certainly, his passion cannot be faulted. He leads by example and through his inspiration will become a great player. He is a leader and will be captain next season.

Sort of agree, nice to see some passion.

But he looked like a little child throwing a tantrum, and I think it's a good decsion to fine him for being utterly stupid and swearing, totally needless and he has now managed to get himself suspended.

his temprement is part of his game, and it makes him a likeable player, but im sure he could of gone mad without fing and blinding.

All this being said it would never of happened if the officals had doing their job properly. If Mcarthy called the ref/lino a "F**king T**T" for allowing that goal to stand I think he's ban should be recinded on the grounds it was fair comment.

But as we and he knows that will never happen. He should remember he will never get away with outbursts like that.

i disagree ,hes got to miss a game now at a crucial time of the season when him and gerrbrand have been really solid lately, now because he said a few words that he didnt need to say and ones that couldnt of changed the refs decision

gerrbrand for captain

If it's for arguing with an official, I'd be inclined to agree.

Passion is fine and I'm hardly one to talk. I'm always berating officials when I play, often to make myself feel better about my own shortcomings. Having said that, professional footballers need to realise that refs/linesmen aren't going to change their minds.

Make your point to the extent where doubt is in their mind for the next decision, it IS possible to influence refs and linesmen for future decisions. Just don't get yourself sent offf... ya plonker.

Love passionate players :devil:

Everyone loves passionate players, but Paddy is also rather impulsive, at times bordering on being petulant (in both senses of the word, i.e. 1. Unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered; 2. Contemptuous in speech or behavior).

It is very much up to him to work on this side of his personality/behaviour...

The sooner television replays come in to decide vital issues the better. There's controversy in virtually every game these days and it seems sinister to me that the authorities resist the technological assistance which would defuse many sources of antagonism.

"Home" officials have been the scourge of the game for years and even if they're trying to act honestly they are bound to be influenced by the normally noisier home support.

Some of course, shouldn't be referees or assistants at all and how they ever qualify to officiate at League games is a mystery.

Beggining of season I was'nt his biggest fan 'cos he used to make silly fouls and give away needless free kicks in dangerous places.

But he's got that sorted and IMO he should be captain. It's great to see someone that passionate in the side.

Both Paddy's at CB with Sheehan and Stearman as full backs. The futures bright..... ;)

He is quality, and he really does care. These are the qualities you need in any dressing room. Passion is contagious, and when one person has it it can quickly spread to another. I wouldn't personally argue if he had the arm band. There is definate potential to be a great leader

Is he Walsh? Nope, I'm afraid there was only one of those. I also highly doubt that when we need goals (as we do), paddy could go up front and achieve what Walsh did in a centre forward position. Often with Walsh it was difficult to decide whether to play him as a centre half or centre forward because he was so good in both capacities!

When I think back I get all misty eyed :)

did he ever find a club? atleast he saved us 1 point last season against West Ham. together with Ian Walker ofcourse! although Paddy Mac was just infront of Dabz on that goalline and i think he tried to block it with his hands himself, good job Dabizas did it instead.

did he ever find a club? atleast he saved us 1 point last season against West Ham. together with Ian Walker ofcourse! although Paddy Mac was just infront of Dabz on that goalline and i think he tried to block it with his hands himself, good job Dabizas did it instead.

Not to my knowledge! He's probably still waiting for Celtic to come and snap him up lol

Dabizas is the best kept secret in football. No one tell Mourinho, chelsea are too good as things stand. With the awesome power of Dabizas they'd be unstoppable!

heard you the 1st time SF :P

yeah but Mourinho cant afford class like good old Dabizas. how did we ever get relegated with him in our side? Micky Adams obviously didnt see his full potential, and Micky adams obviously didnt play him in his right position, left back in the changing rooms.

seriously though this guy has a euro 2004 winners medal. he helped greece win something mourinho! give him a call tomorrow. if he can stop eating his large donner and bother to turn up to training.

yeah but Mourinho cant afford class like good old Dabizas. how did we ever get relegated with him in our side? Micky Adams obviously didnt see his full potential, and Micky adams obviously didnt play him in his right position, left back in the changing rooms.

seriously though this guy has a euro 2004 winners medal. he helped greece win something mourinho! give him a call tomorrow. if he can stop eating his large donner and bother to turn up to training.

Yeah you are probably right. Chelsea are below Dabizas. Hes probably holding out for something better.

lol

Archived