Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Leicestershire Breweries

A thread for keeping up with Leics beer & cider producers, a relation of the Nice Pubs thread.

The smaller/start up breweries seem to be doing well. Everard's have finally pushed the boat out a touch after they moved.

Everards - Enderby

Round Corner - Melton

Braybrooke - Harborough

Charnwood - Loughborough 

Tollgate Brewery - Ashby

Are fairly productive, there's a more exhaustive list here:

https://www.ratebeer.com/breweries/leicestershire/88/240/

Round Corner have collaborated with Braybrooke to produce a Kolsch.

I hope one of the newer lot take up a pub in Leicester, the Brewdog unit would be great for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

A thread for keeping up with Leics beer & cider producers, a relation of the Nice Pubs thread.

The smaller/start up breweries seem to be doing well. Everard's have finally pushed the boat out a touch after they moved.

Everards - Enderby

Round Corner - Melton

Braybrooke - Harborough

Charnwood - Loughborough 

Tollgate Brewery - Ashby

Are fairly productive, there's a more exhaustive list here:

https://www.ratebeer.com/breweries/leicestershire/88/240/

Round Corner have collaborated with Braybrooke to produce a Kolsch.

I hope one of the newer lot take up a pub in Leicester, the Brewdog unit would be great for it.

Would be great if Braybrooke opened somewhere in the city but I can’t see it. 

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I saw an Everardes lorry opposite work the other week at one of my local pubs. Never seen it outside Leicester before?

The Chesterfield Arms is an Everards 

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Shame Framework and the West End brewery have called it a day relatively recently.

I don't know much about the reasons why but I got the impression is was all very hard work 

WEB jacked it in due to energy costs and I get the impression Framework were doing it part time or didn't have the business acumen 

54 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone know rough time when the new micro brewery is opening in barrow upon soar where the old H2O is? Living in barrow myself I’m quite keen to know - could be a great little spot 

It's Charnwood Brewery isn't it? 

19 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Langton Brewery have been going a long time now and seem to have got a lot bigger in recent years. Always rate their stuff but only ever seem to see it in South Leics/North Northants pubs.

That’s my go to brewery…. 

Rainbow Bridge is amazing stuff…. Inclined plane not bad either 

worth a trip before Christmas if you have a family…. They do a massive Crimbo event 

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfox said:

That’s my go to brewery…. 

Rainbow Bridge is amazing stuff…. Inclined plane not bad either 

worth a trip before Christmas if you have a family…. They do a massive Crimbo event 

My brother's been to the thing they put on in the summer (Langtonfest?) and it looks a good do.

They keep a decent pint of both you mentioned at the Swans in Harborough, plus they're always the cheapest beers in there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

My brother's been to the thing they put on in the summer (Langtonfest?) and it looks a good do.

They keep a decent pint of both you mentioned at the Swans in Harborough, plus they're always the cheapest beers in there!

Ooh…. Will give that a whirl, I’ve only drank it from bottles 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

It is. They've got a few micro pubs in Mountsorrel & Shepshed too.

I believe the barrow one is due to open between September to November this year.

I was looking at potential property to rent to open a micro pub in barrow and then covid came 😔

• Sad 1