Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Norwich Away

Shamefully Norwich will be a new ground for me.

Was chatting to someone at Southampton last night who said it's a real ball ache getting there and what seems, on paper, a relatively close place to get to, it is blighted by the fact  there are no motorways, but many winding A roads etc and at peak times too.

Noticed Fox Travel are leaving at 14.30 but due to picking up my son from school in Mkt Harborough, we won't be setting off until 15.20ish unless I pull him out early......again.

Are we pushing it to get there in plenty of time? We got parking sorted so won't have to search around for that. 

So far, checking Sat-nav has me routing thro Corby from Harborough but any advice or tips much  appreciated.

Edited by ElusiveEd

54 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Was chatting to someone at Southampton last night who said it's a real ball ache getting there and what seems, on paper, a relatively close place to get to, it is blighted by the fact  there are no motorways, but many winding A roads etc and at peak times too.

Noticed Fox Travel are leaving at 14.30 but due to picking up my son from school in Mkt Harborough, we won't be setting off until 15.20ish unless I pull him out early......again.

Are we pushing it to get there in plenty of time? We got parking sorted so won't have to search around for that. 

So far, checking Sat-nav has me routing thro Corby from Harborough but any advice or tips much  appreciated.

On that Friday night game just before Covid we didn't leave until about 16:10 and got there about 20 mins before KO. Dont forget Fox Travel have to stop for 45 mins whereas you don't. I think you'll be fine providing there are no major hold ups, particularly if parking is sorted. Having said all of this, after leaving at 14:00 yesterday I didn't arrive in Southampton until 20:25. That was a bus though! 

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

I’m driving this too but in plenty of time. Might leave about 2.. which way is your sat nav taking you.. ill be going A14, A11 which ain’t too bad of a journey.. I go yarmouth yearly and always go that way, pretty straight forward. 

Anybody got any parking suggestions? I went to Norwich a few years ago as I got tickets through work but got train from Peterborough.. 

I’m sure ill be able to park in the train station won’t I? Had a look at rent driveway but majority have sold now unless walking 20 mins? Ain’t there any Multi storeys near by? Thanks 

Think I’ve found where I’m heading for.. Sainsburys about 10 mins walk away, hopefully a quick getaway 

Edited by MS0204

On 13/09/2023 at 07:43, l444ry said:

Where are the better drinking establishment options in Norwich? The last few trips have always been corralled into that hideous dive over the river. 

You could head over the river and half way up Prince of Wales road to the Rooftop bar based in Union building, cracking views over the city and really not much further than head to the Complete Angler which is indeed a shithole over the river 😂 

I think the Waterfront club is also opening to away fans only with proof of ticket but you won’t want to be venturing to far from the ground as it’s gonna be hammering it down unfortunately 

• Like 1