Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

Southampton Away Friday 15th September 20:00

50 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

@Union FS Is this something you can push onto the club regarding putting matches like these on general sale/booking history? Seems they would rather have empty seats than supporters?

We have pushed on this a few times and the response until now has been that the club don't like the idea of general sale as they want to avoid fans from the other team getting tickets in our end. Don't agree with it but that is their current position.

It is something we tend to bring up in meetings with the club on a regular basis and one thing we are pushing. In actual fact, there is the FCC meeting tonight where multiple fan representatives are present (including representatives of UFS) and this is one of the items that we requested to be discussed again.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We have pushed on this a few times and the response until now has been that the club don't like the idea of general sale as they want to avoid fans from the other team getting tickets in our end. Don't agree with it but that is their current position.

It is something we tend to bring up in meetings with the club on a regular basis and one thing we are pushing. In actual fact, there is the FCC meeting tonight where multiple fan representatives are present (including representatives of UFS) and this is one of the items that we requested to be discussed again.

Whilst I understand the club's standing on this surely in the championship away tickets could go to general sale as the home club very rarely sell out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Whilst I understand the club's standing on this surely in the championship away tickets could go to general sale as the home club very rarely sell out.

Exactly. Let's hope they find a bit of common sense on that front this season. Otherwise, how does someone who has never been to a Leicester game get involved without forking out for a membership.

18 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Any luck on this last night? Would be really helpful for us as there's a group of around 8/9 of us and only 3 have a ST/Membership. Makes it really difficult and off putting to go to these away games especially when there's not as much demand

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

Any luck on this last night? Would be really helpful for us as there's a group of around 8/9 of us and only 3 have a ST/Membership. Makes it really difficult and off putting to go to these away games especially when there's not as much demand

The club are due to release the notes/outcomes of this meeting in a couple of weeks. However, based on the notes of the UFS representatives at the meeting, the comment from the club was that they are generally OK with general sale but made it clear that they have not had to so far (as games have sold out without). Having said that, this was specifically for home games but would imagine similar applies to aways.

Personally, I would like to see how this goes over the next few weeks because we have Southampton which has around 100 tickets left (plus another block but doubt the club will sell those and just hand back to Southampton), Norwich has around 300 tickets left and Blackburn is also one where we could take as many as possible. The latter in particular has no danger of home fans going in the away end as they don't sell out (or even close). If none of them make general sale then I would be concerned about the club having any appetite to put away games on general sale. It will definitely be something we as the group continue to monitor and challenge.

Do the rest of the 8/9 in your group have any home/away points at all? Because that is usually the compromise the club make when tickets remain with 5-7 days to go.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The club are due to release the notes/outcomes of this meeting in a couple of weeks. However, based on the notes of the UFS representatives at the meeting, the comment from the club was that they are generally OK with general sale but made it clear that they have not had to so far (as games have sold out without). Having said that, this was specifically for home games but would imagine similar applies to aways.

Personally, I would like to see how this goes over the next few weeks because we have Southampton which has around 100 tickets left (plus another block but doubt the club will sell those and just hand back to Southampton), Norwich has around 300 tickets left and Blackburn is also one where we could take as many as possible. The latter in particular has no danger of home fans going in the away end as they don't sell out (or even close). If none of them make general sale then I would be concerned about the club having any appetite to put away games on general sale. It will definitely be something we as the group continue to monitor and challenge.

Do the rest of the 8/9 in your group have any home/away points at all? Because that is usually the compromise the club make when tickets remain with 5-7 days to go.

Yeah, we’ve all got points but majority have just had to give up ST for one reason or another and club seem to make it increasingly difficult without a membership. Cheers pal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

Any ideas how I can get 2 tickets for this with my mighty 2 points ? I live in the south west so only get to a home game or two a year but hoping to do the south away games this year, Plymouth Cardiff etc

You need to be either a fox member (£30) or a season ticket holder to buy away tickets now, annoyingly. 

On 06/09/2023 at 12:37, Levi Port said:

Anyone going back to London from the game, if so how ? Need suggestions. Final train that isn’t horrible is 10pm from Southampton Central and we won’t make that. 

No good options really. Minor point but when did evening kicks off all move to 8pm from 7:45pm? That would have helped!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

Any ideas how I can get 2 tickets for this with my mighty 2 points ? I live in the south west so only get to a home game or two a year but hoping to do the south away games this year, Plymouth Cardiff etc

Maybe the club will release tickets to anyone with a booking history. Would make sense...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Opening up the extra block suggests the club is happy with general sale for this one, otherwise there will be a lot of unsold tickets.  

I don't think we'll see general sale for this, maybe the Liverpool game as it's 5.5k, but still not confident. The club don't want tickets being sold to people who aren't on the system and who have no booking history.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think we'll see general sale for this, maybe the Liverpool game as it's 5.5k, but still not confident. The club don't want tickets being sold to people who aren't on the system and who have no booking history.

You'd laugh if they did it for Liverpool - the game where there's real threat of non-LCFC fans buying in the away end.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:37, Levi Port said:

Anyone going back to London from the game, if so how ? Need suggestions. Final train that isn’t horrible is 10pm from Southampton Central and we won’t make that. 

Someone has cottoned on and they've pushed the last train to London back half an hour - result!

image.png.3e19b7a430cf8ed1f7d38f9203b8f536.png

This seems like exactly the type of fixture which should go to general sale/booking history. If it does, that final block would probably sell out. 

This is from the Tickets FAQ's section on the club's website, not overly sure if it applies to both home and away games:

Should any tickets remain available once Season Ticket Holders and Fox Members have had their opportunity to purchase tickets; the club will announce a Booking History criteria for a selection of games that the club will identify of which allows supporters who have a minimum of one home or away point to purchase tickets. Thereafter, should tickets remain; the club will make the decision to drop the fixture to General Sale.

18 hours ago, AlexFT said:

This seems like exactly the type of fixture which should go to general sale/booking history. If it does, that final block would probably sell out. 

Agreed.    And as it's looking unlikely that it will go to general sale/booking history ... this is a (another) example of why at times I utterly despair of the people running our club.