Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest lcfc80

Blackburn away

1 hour ago, the warehouseman said:

Sunderland fan here in peace!

Two things to note before I get to the gist of this post is that the website says it’s a five week minimum notice period, and that the expected announcement date for selections for the weekend of September 30 was August 18.

We’re playing Sheffield Wednesday away that weekend so based on your game being announced as the Friday night match I booked my trains (£50) for the Saturday. Two weeks later the bastards move our game after it becomes clear that you can’t play on Friday. I emailed our supporter liaison officer, Sky and the league. Had a reply from our SLO who said he was raising it with the club, but have heard nothing from him since. No reply from Sky. I did get a reply from the league which said the five week notice period is illustrative. However if you read the website page I interpret it as illustrative refers to the list of dates by which we can expect tv selections for each round to be announced, and not the five week notice period. The guy who replied said that both clubs (us and Sheff W) agreed to the change despite it being less than five weeks, and described the situation as an anomaly. He added that the league must be allowed to schedule the fixtures, but made no reference to my £50.

I’ve then replied saying I see it as shortsightedness on the part of Sky in picking a game which they knew had a significant risk of not being able to be played on the Friday. I asked why Sky were allowed to move another match to fill in the gap after the deadline, and pointed out that there are four other games that weekend involving teams which were already out of the league cup, and asked why one of those wasn’t originally chosen, given that it would guarantee a Friday night game with no impact on supporters of other teams. Still waiting on a reply to my second email.

Can I ask, which email address(es) did you use to contact Sky, as I just used the contact us page on the Sky Sports website, but if I can contact someone directly it may have more impact.

Bottom line is I want my £50 back and am willing to sue Sky, the league, or indeed my own club if I have to. What’s the point in saying we will give you five weeks minimum notice, oh but we can still change things after that if we want to? I would be interested to hear from any other of your supporters who have lost money through booking trains and/or accommodation based on your game being on Friday. Unless we make a stand nothing will change and they’ll continue to rip us off.

Apologies for the long post and thanks for reading.

Mirrors my experience. Had a reply from EFL hiding behind the disclaimer of 'all fixtures subject to change.' I did raise that a proportionate response needs to be taken to this disclaimer, would they be willing to change a game 48, 24 hours before KO time, and use the disclaimer to avoid compensating for financial harm? I am not sure how that would be interpreted legally.

The fact that no asterisk was raised against this fixture, and there was clear evidence the match could move given pre-arranged EFL cup dates, gives me hope. I have it in writing that the EFL acknowledge an asterisk should've been placed against the fixture given a potential move due to EFL cup. As evidence, an asterisk was placed against Newcastle v Brentford, which was subject to change due to CL fixtures, and subsequently did change. 

I haven't contacted LCFC, but may do. Interestingly they did try and shift the blame onto LCFC with the following quote:

Clubs understand that the value of the League’s TV broadcast rights allows Sky the ability to request fixtures for broadcast throughout the season but ultimately benefits them, through associated basic award payments.'

Currently fighting Wizz Air hard in the small claims court, but considering taking this forward when that case closes.

Email addresses - 

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Let me know how you get on.

7 hours ago, the warehouseman said:

Sunderland fan here in peace!

Two things to note before I get to the gist of this post is that the website says it’s a five week minimum notice period, and that the expected announcement date for selections for the weekend of September 30 was August 18.

We’re playing Sheffield Wednesday away that weekend so based on your game being announced as the Friday night match I booked my trains (£50) for the Saturday. Two weeks later the bastards move our game after it becomes clear that you can’t play on Friday. I emailed our supporter liaison officer, Sky and the league. Had a reply from our SLO who said he was raising it with the club, but have heard nothing from him since. No reply from Sky. I did get a reply from the league which said the five week notice period is illustrative. However if you read the website page I interpret it as illustrative refers to the list of dates by which we can expect tv selections for each round to be announced, and not the five week notice period. The guy who replied said that both clubs (us and Sheff W) agreed to the change despite it being less than five weeks, and described the situation as an anomaly. He added that the league must be allowed to schedule the fixtures, but made no reference to my £50.

I’ve then replied saying I see it as shortsightedness on the part of Sky in picking a game which they knew had a significant risk of not being able to be played on the Friday. I asked why Sky were allowed to move another match to fill in the gap after the deadline, and pointed out that there are four other games that weekend involving teams which were already out of the league cup, and asked why one of those wasn’t originally chosen, given that it would guarantee a Friday night game with no impact on supporters of other teams. Still waiting on a reply to my second email.

Can I ask, which email address(es) did you use to contact Sky, as I just used the contact us page on the Sky Sports website, but if I can contact someone directly it may have more impact.

Bottom line is I want my £50 back and am willing to sue Sky, the league, or indeed my own club if I have to. What’s the point in saying we will give you five weeks minimum notice, oh but we can still change things after that if we want to? I would be interested to hear from any other of your supporters who have lost money through booking trains and/or accommodation based on your game being on Friday. Unless we make a stand nothing will change and they’ll continue to rip us off.

Apologies for the long post and thanks for reading.

There was a late change to the Arsenal v Leicester match in 2016.  Both sets of fans complained and the train companies honoured advance tickets on the revised date.  So that may be worth a go.  

Good luck to you.  I'm not a lawyer but I think Sky being able to change dates late when it feels like it is a breach of the regulations on consumer contracts.  There is Office of Fair Trading guidance on unfair contract terms.  Citizens Advice may be able to help.